Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 14

Mistwalker
Bob
Mistwalker
With the major change that ammo will bring to archers and casters, has any though been given on how to balance that with the no-ammo required 20m rogue starknife attack?

That is an odd one. In theory, there's already some balancing factors worked into that attack that should reduce the attacks overall effectiveness, since it gets the benefits of range and of not needing ammo. Similar balancing factors should be keeping those mastery cantrips in balance, since they were designed to be ranged attacks that don't use ammo. The spreadsheets basically tally up all the advantages and disadvantages of each attack and try to balance things out, and both range and ammo usage are definitely included. That said, I may have to revisit those numbers at some point to make sure the assumptions built into them are working out in reality, but it will be tough to gauge what changes are needed until after we see how well ammo really balances things out.

In those original discussions/decisions, were only the hard numbers of damage looked at, or were conditions that could be added to those attacks also taken into consideration, like bleeding?
Flari-Merchant
For several months now I have been trying to strengthen my characters physical melee attacks as I thought that ammo would be all encompassing(or pretty close). Glad now that I did.

My greatest concerns about this now are the impact on traveling cross country, the cost of "group combat" with wasted shots fired in battle and the logistical headaches.

Ammunition manufacturing/procuring does intrigue me a bit in the "I need coin now" angle.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Mistwalker
In those original discussions/decisions, were only the hard numbers of damage looked at, or were conditions that could be added to those attacks also taken into consideration, like bleeding?

Every effect, every conditional, every restriction, all those things are included in the calculations. However, the values given to each of those things, as well as the balance formulas themselves, are based on a variety of assumptions that don't always turn out to be completely accurate, so sometimes we need to make adjustments as we see how the attacks actually get used.
Flari-Merchant
Will it be easy to both slot ammo and will type "auto switch" like if I switch from Battle to Elemental Foci?
How about Broadhead Arrows to Bodkin?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Will it be easy to both slot ammo and will type "auto switch" like if I switch from Battle to Elemental Foci?
How about Broadhead Arrows to Bodkin?

If you have two foci equipped, then each will need a separate ammo container and you'll switch between containers as you switch between foci. The containers go on the offhand, and switching weapons will still switch your mainhand, offhand and implement items all at the same time, exactly as happens currently.

Switching between ammo types on a specific container will generally require being out of combat, with the exception of cases where you run out of the currently loaded ammo. This will be clearer when I write up the full description, but you'll be able to put a limited number of ammo types in the container, and if you run out of one type but have another available, then you'll automatically switch to the next type of ammo at that point. You can change the ordering on those ammo types, but only while out of combat.
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, what is the foe for the new escalation? I'd prefer something we haven't seen already- hordes of undead (zombies, wights, wraiths, non-goblin ghouls with a nightshade boss), orc hordes, or kobolds with a dragon boss, for example.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, what is the foe for the new escalation? I'd prefer something we haven't seen already- hordes of undead (zombies, wights, wraiths, non-goblin ghouls with a nightshade boss), orc hordes, or kobolds with a dragon boss, for example.

I'm working on a new kind of enemy, but I want to do a little more research to make sure I'll be able to get them working properly before I get more specific about them. Unfortunately, I'm limited to art that's already working in game, and we don't have anything along the lines of completely new character models available. That pretty well knocks out anything like orcs or kobolds, or particularly something as different from all our other creatures as a dragon. However, there are some art assets that haven't yet been seen in-game but are ready to go, so I should be able to provide an escalation that both looks and feels significantly different from any of the existing escalations.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Will ranged attacks still root you in place after ammunition comes out?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
Paddy Fitzpatrick

My understanding was that the root, in most cases, would go away. However, I'm not sure if every attack loses it, and if movement might be limited to walking and shooting, or if attacks might be penalized (-BAB and/or damage) for moving while shooting.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Most of the ranged attacks that currently root you will instead slow you 50% for 1-2 seconds. There are some exceptions that were always meant to root you and will continue to do so.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post