Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammunition

Gross
Smelthead
It will be amusing to see how all those legend hunter types do against things like superior artillery when the NPCs get the ranged damage bump.

All good (as Wism used to say) if they do as long as the paragons/doyens/superior artillery/superior bomber/supreme poisoner/prime scout/mythical crystal all have the chance to drop T3 ammo salvage to somewhat balance a change to the risk/reward calculus smile.

Of course would change tactics again, just like the aggro changes did, but probably more radically since this could be changing both sides, our ranged and theirs.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Flari-Merchant
You are a Troll
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Arrows should be somewhat heavy and bulky enough to cause some trouble trying to carry around 100s and be effective with them.

That sounds super duper annoying and anti-fun.
Yeah well there has to be some sort of equilibrium somewhere. Some sort of limit on how GREAT! something is. If it is SUPER GREAT! but includes hassles and limits, then we might cry less…
At least Alchemies will now get to compete with Ammo Crankers for the best price of Jolly Pots and Bombs balanced against cantrips and orison gems.
Stormygeddon
Shortbow users can fire 67 arrows per minute
Spamming Holy Lance on a Focus needs 55 charges per minute

A good escalation group that blitzes (rather than agonising over tactics) will spend around 50% of its time in hex actually in combat. Hence we are typically looking at around 1800 to 2000 ammo per hour per character. Maxing out at around 3000 per hour.

Be careful what you wish for encumbrance wise or ranged users will be the PFO equivalent of a Battle of Britain Spitfire (with 8 seconds total ammo before having to land and reload). We already have Power 40 wizards standing at an inn for 5 to 10 minutes to get power, the game may eventually turn into "Stand around and reload online".
You are a Troll
Stormygeddon
Shortbow users can fire 67 arrows per minute
Spamming Holy Lance on a Focus needs 55 charges per minute

A good escalation group that blitzes (rather than agonising over tactics) will spend around 50% of its time in hex actually in combat. Hence we are typically looking at around 1800 to 2000 ammo per hour per character. Maxing out at around 3000 per hour.

Be careful what you wish for encumbrance wise or ranged users will be the PFO equivalent of a Battle of Britain Spitfire (with 8 seconds total ammo before having to land and reload). We already have Power 40 wizards standing at an inn for 5 to 10 minutes to get power, the game may eventually turn into "Stand around and reload online".

Have I mentioned that ammo is anti-fun?
Flari-Merchant
Ammo might be fun for crafters and traders…
Gross
Am I reading Goblinary right a T3 Master's Empowered Charge - Iconographer makes 250 charges, hopefully enough for half an hour wandering about in an escalation for a T3 cleric, at +3 to match the focus the gem needs

1 dynamic crystal (@9 cryptic/7 synthesis/5 dweomer/5 superior consonant),
21 intense crystals (150 seething/50 resonant/100 anagogic/100 greater numinous),
3 dusky crystals (@ 16 dweomer/7 Superior numinous/8 greater numinous/2 platinum)
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
Bunibuni
So adding into the party, we now have the ammo carrier or Gunga Din, who is probably on the edge of the map, that has lots of encumbrance bonus and is loaded with spare ammo or for the better equipped groups, has a smallholding nearby loaded with various types of ammo, and said Gunga Din is running back and forth to keep the rest of the party supplied.

I wonder if in EE15 or 16 we can get an NPC to hire on to do that chore, to run up to the party after combat to offer reloads we had given it when we joined the party?

Wow! This is starting to look like real Pathfinder where a rule-sticking GM makes you pay attention to your encumbrance and how many potions, scrolls and arrows and bolts you actually used while dungeon-hopping.

And speaking of dungeons … any clue as to when we will finally have any?
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
You are a Troll
Gross
Am I reading Goblinary right a T3 Master's Empowered Charge - Iconographer makes 250 charges, hopefully enough for half an hour wandering about in an escalation for a T3 cleric, at +3 to match the focus the gem needs

21 intense crystals (150 seething/50 resonant/100 anagogic/100 greater numinous),
3 dusky crystals (@ 16 dweomer/7 Superior numinous/8 greater numinous/2 platinum)

If that is the cost for 30 minutes of escalation play time for a Cleric then they are going to spend the vast bulk of their play time gathering raw mats to make their charges.
Stilachio Thrax
You are a Troll
Gross

If that is the cost for 30 minutes of escalation play time for a Cleric then they are going to spend the vast bulk of their play time gathering raw mats to make their charges.

It makes me think that most casters/archers will wind up using subpar ammo as the added expense for t3 ammo probably won't be worth it. Personally, my Fighter/Cleric will rely on a melee weapon for heavy damage and only switch to a focus for a quick heal. Once I can switch between a trophy charm and holy symbol without changing weapons, only using a t2 focus with t2 charges makes even more sense.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Edam
Stilachio Thrax
It makes me think that most casters/archers will wind up using subpar ammo as the added expense for t3 ammo probably won't be worth it. Personally, my Fighter/Cleric will rely on a melee weapon for heavy damage and only switch to a focus for a quick heal. Once I can switch between a trophy charm and holy symbol without changing weapons, only using a t2 focus with t2 charges makes even more sense.

In TT a good high level archer carries expensive ammo they will only use on very rare special occasions. Adamantine arrows for example. T3 ammo and charges may well be like that, you will carry a stock of it but its not something you lock and load for every fight.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post