Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammunition

Flari-Merchant
You are a Troll
Gross
Am I reading Goblinary right a T3 Master's Empowered Charge - Iconographer makes 250 charges, hopefully enough for half an hour wandering about in an escalation for a T3 cleric, at +3 to match the focus the gem needs

1 dynamic crystal (@9 cryptic/7 synthesis/5 dweomer/5 superior consonant),
21 intense crystals (150 seething/50 resonant/100 anagogic/100 greater numinous),
3 dusky crystals (@ 16 dweomer/7 Superior numinous/8 greater numinous/2 platinum)

If that is the cost for 30 minutes of escalation play time for a Cleric then they are going to spend the vast bulk of their play time gathering raw mats to make their charges.

Or the economy(whether private group or public AH) will improve because we will be able to trade or buy ammunition…
Smeltbane
The limitations on the economy have always been the lack of gatherers. Crafting and selling stuff is not an issue for anyone with an ounce of business sense, its finding time to gather.

There is several hours of gathering tied up in that half hour of T3 ammo.
Flari-Merchant
Smelthead
The limitations on the economy have always been the lack of gatherers. Crafting and selling stuff is not an issue for anyone with an ounce of business sense, its finding time to gather.

What I am thinking, as has been mentioned, is that T3 ammunition will not be the usual "go to" ammunition but rather for "special occasions". If it is going to increase range, damage and allow ranged characters more mobility then there really has to be a balance.

Coin is not a difficult thing to acquire, nor is there much use for it so far. If the inclusion of ammo mechanics spurs gatherers to gather then that is great. Possibly ammo will simply be yet another "internal group problem" that is solved like most gear. Perhaps the recipes will get adjusted. I guess we have to wait and see…
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Can you tell us what you are thinking the difference between broadhead and bodkin arrows will be?
Gross
Smelthead

That's why I was asking if I was interpreting goblinary right… as a non crafter I'm never quite sure.

But this is why I am waiting to see the first version on Zog before spending too much thought on it.

Need to see where things fall;

If T1 or salvageable ammo on a T3 weapon is not much worse than current, and T3+3 is way better then ammo would be a clear positive / overpowered buff where spending extra resources gives a solid (potentially excessive) benefit;

If T1 or salvageable ammo is way worse on a T3 weapon than current, and T3+3 is not much better then ammo would be a clear negative / crippling nurf where spending extra resources lets you tread water (or drown);

I am assuming it is somewhere between these 2 extremes, and the balance question is where, I'm sure they have a spreadsheet taking into account the extra costs being imposed, change to damage, change to effect duration but as a professional spreadsheet jockey I know the devil is in the modelling assumptions….

Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).
You are a Troll
Gross
Smelthead

That's why I was asking if I was interpreting goblinary right… as a non crafter I'm never quite sure.

But this is why I am waiting to see the first version on Zog before spending too much thought on it.

Need to see where things fall;

If T1 or salvageable ammo on a T3 weapon is not much worse than current, and T3+3 is way better then ammo would be a clear positive / overpowered buff where spending extra resources gives a solid (potentially excessive) benefit;

If T1 or salvageable ammo is way worse on a T3 weapon than current, and T3+3 is not much better then ammo would be a clear negative / crippling nurf where spending extra resources lets you tread water (or drown);

I am assuming it is somewhere between these 2 extremes, and the balance question is where, I'm sure they have a spreadsheet taking into account the extra costs being imposed, change to damage, change to effect duration but as a professional spreadsheet jockey I know the devil is in the modelling assumptions….

I agree, and the Modelling Assumptions, when created by someone who does not actually play the game on a daily basis, is exactly how you end up with some real unbalanced stuff. If it was possible for Lisa to be impartial - and I am honestly not sure if it is - then she should have a lot of direct input into those modelling assumptions as she is the one person on the dev team who actually have a wealth of in-game experience.
Decius
Gross
Am I reading Goblinary right a T3 Master's Empowered Charge - Iconographer makes 250 charges, hopefully enough for half an hour wandering about in an escalation for a T3 cleric, at +3 to match the focus the gem needs

1 dynamic crystal (@9 cryptic/7 synthesis/5 dweomer/5 superior consonant),
21 intense crystals (150 seething/50 resonant/100 anagogic/100 greater numinous),
3 dusky crystals (@ 16 dweomer/7 Superior numinous/8 greater numinous/2 platinum)
30 minutes is 1800 seconds, or 7.2 seconds per charge if you're only carrying 250.

Assuming each charge is good for only one cantrip or orison and each arrow is destroyed after one attack. Is it reasonable maybe might be able to power more magic, or stronger arrows to be more reusable?
that higher tier ammo might
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob
So far along this Roadmap, my assumptions have been terrible on how the mechanicals will work for certain things. Just want to double check…
There are multiple examples for "arrows" at each Tier. Some are designed to be specialized, I am sure, in the future but not yet. Can we assume that for now for example that Cold Iron Arrows and Steel Arrows and Silver arrows (all T1) will have the same stats(dmg, range, etc…smile? Can we expect the same for T2 and T3?
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
@ Bob

Can you tell us what you are thinking the difference between broadhead and bodkin arrows will be?

Bodkins are armor-piercers, broadheads are better against unarmored targets (and look like what most people think of when they think 'arrowhead'smile. I'm thinking broadheads are the base arrow-type, and bodkins maybe add Penetrating at the expense of some damage or range.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Flari-Merchant
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
@ Bob

Bodkins are armor-piercers, broadheads are better against unarmored targets (and look like what most people think of when they think 'arrowhead'smile. I'm thinking broadheads are the base arrow-type, and bodkins maybe add Penetrating at the expense of some damage or range.

Yeah my bet is piercing-bodkin and bleeding for the broad heads.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post