Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammunition

Flari-Merchant
Maxen
Bob
Those ammo requirements will be slightly lowered by the ammo that mobs will drop, and possibly by makeshift ammo if we get that working. Also, if you're running around in a party, since you're getting credit for everyone's kills, you could be getting credit for up to 6 kills for every kill you handle yourself, though obviously things slow down if your party is tackling tougher escalations. Still, it will absolutely take a lot of ammo to get 8000 kills. On the other hand, that number of kills is expected to take place over many months, so the time spent gathering those materials will be spread out as well, hopefully enough to be sustainable. If not, adjustments can be made.

Bob makes a good point here and something that I thInk we often forget because of the low population numbers. This game was never meant to be 'soloed' from a PvE standpoint. Likewise, one character (or even a player without multiple, multiple accounts) was meant to be self-sufficient in gathering, refining, and crafting equipment. What we all suffer from at this time is lack of a viable economy where players trust that if they need cold iron blanks and yew shafts for their bowyer, they can go to the auction house and buy their supplies.

Hopefully supply will be a non-issue in a future state of the game. For now, we should focus on the mechanics of how ammo will work.
Good points, Maxen. We keep looking at all of this through the lens of "How will I be able to do this realistically with just one or a few or even ten accounts as TIME will still be an obstacle?" The game wasn't intended, and still isn't as far as I know, for a single player to do everything that is needed doing to support themselves at lower or higher levels. It does and still will take a village to raise a settlement(or support active characters if you prefer). That isn't a new concept though I think that we have forgotten it in the slow and easy way that we are allowed to play PfO in the low pop circumstances that we are in.

I am much more looking forward to the possibilities of an enriched and stimulated economy, stimulated necessary teamwork, and especially the hard numbers about ammunition so that we can make some choices about what kind and what flavors of ammo we want to craft…
BlackMoria
I am still trying to get my head around all this.

So, lets say I have a T2+3 bow or wand. I need a quiver or container for the 'ammunition', which can have it own plus.
And I can have arrows or charges with a plus. What is intended when this is all put together on a character? What does the plus on the container or quiver do? And if it is a different tier than the weapon? Same questions in regards to the ammunition.

So, I think it is clear that a T2+3 wand with a T2+3 container shooting T2+3 ammo/charges gains me the best benefit. But what happens when those numbers above vary so the weapon-container-ammo triad is uneven?
Bob
BlackMoria
I am still trying to get my head around all this.

So, lets say I have a T2+3 bow or wand. I need a quiver or container for the 'ammunition', which can have it own plus.
And I can have arrows or charges with a plus. What is intended when this is all put together on a character? What does the plus on the container or quiver do? And if it is a different tier than the weapon? Same questions in regards to the ammunition.

So, I think it is clear that a T2+3 wand with a T2+3 container shooting T2+3 ammo/charges gains me the best benefit. But what happens when those numbers above vary so the weapon-container-ammo triad is uneven?

The tier of your weapon is the maximum tier for your ammo container, and the tier of your ammo container is the maximum tier of ammo that can be stored in it. Plus upgrades on your ammo container add to the number of slots and the total amounts of ammo that can be loaded/stored.

When calculating damage, we don't do anything special if things are uneven. The base values of your attack come from the matched keywords between your attack and your weapon, and the ammo bonus comes directly from the ammo used. If you can load it, you can get the full bonus.

BlackMoria
Hmmm. So your last paragraph, Bob, still is unclear to me. So, I can use a T2 bow and fire T1 arrows from a T1 quiver and I get the full bonus of the attack? And any additional bonus from the ammunition itself if it provides a bonus is over and above the damage of the weapon?
Hobson Fiffledown
What about firing T1+3 arrows from a T1+3 bow v. firing T1+0 arrows from a T2+2 bow? Do cheaper (resources and xp), fully-matched lower tier options become more powerful than unmatched higher tier weapons?
This space for rent.
Bob
BlackMoria
Hmmm. So your last paragraph, Bob, still is unclear to me. So, I can use a T2 bow and fire T1 arrows from a T1 quiver and I get the full bonus of the attack? And any additional bonus from the ammunition itself if it provides a bonus is over and above the damage of the weapon?

Correct. All crafted ammo provides at least some bonus damage, which goes on top of the standard weapon damage. The damages and effects for all ammunition-using attacks have been rebalanced a bit to make room for those ammo bonuses.
Bob
Hobson Fiffledown
What about firing T1+3 arrows from a T1+3 bow v. firing T1+0 arrows from a T2+2 bow? Do cheaper (resources and xp), fully-matched lower tier options become more powerful than unmatched higher tier weapons?

I'm still finalizing the actual numbers, but it is quite likely that high-end ammo will sometimes provide better results than a slightly higher-end attack with much worse ammo. That's not really the result of being "unmatching" so much as not taking full advantage of the available ammo bonuses.
Father Bronin
What is the current timeframe for EE14?

FB
Decius
Is is that Base Damage is
Weapon: 40+5*minor keyword+20*major keyword matched
+
Ammo: ???
+
Conditional: Per feat used (Master of Opp, Sneak Attack, + to base damage)

Which then has the resistance of the target subtracted before multiplying by Damage Factor, then having zero or more percent subtracted based on attack roll deficit?
If so, what is the range of base damage bonus that you are contemplating? Is any of that a placeholder for when we care about cold iron bodkin versus mithril broadhead arrows?
Bunibuni
Just as an aside, I did spend a couple of hours over the weekend hunting for any kind of wood gusher in over a dozen forest hexes and came up dry in all of them.

HowardWdW
Although I've been calculating for wizard/cleric, the archer is even worse off. At least for essence you know exactly where to go get the required essence and that's basically what you get from the node and the nodes are everywhere. For archers they need to find wood. Finding large quantities of specific woods is firstly highly geographically dependent and second much harder. Now if you had nodes that were "trees" and just gave wood, it might work better.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post