Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammunition

Bob
Father Bronin
What is the current timeframe for EE14?

We're still shooting for close to the end of September.
Father Bronin
Bob
Father Bronin
What is the current timeframe for EE14?

We're still shooting for close to the end of September.

Thanks Bob. Time to start gathering ammo.

FB
Flari-Merchant
On the highest end side of the ammo for arrows and with top notch crafters, I can easily gather the materials to craft faster than I can craft the arrows. This without gushers. The craft time is in the "Days" range however.

On the low end of the ammo spectrum, it is not possible to keep the pace of the gathering up to speed with the crafting. This even with gushers.

I do not know if that is intended but I do know that it will mean that T3 ammunition(for bows) will not be inexpensive or something thrown around casually. Adequate supplies of T2 will be challenging enough to maintain.

I like it.
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob,

Did we ever suss out whether iconographer and artificer ammo was going to be different as the names are the same?
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Did we ever suss out whether iconographer and artificer ammo was going to be different as the names are the same?

Even though the recipes have different names, their output is identical, so there's no way to tell the items apart once they've been produced. Just think of it as two paths to the same destination.
You are a Troll
And for now can we assume Axiomatic/Anarchic and Holy/Unholy are identical since alignment isn't in?
Bob
You are a Troll
And for now can we assume Axiomatic/Anarchic and Holy/Unholy are identical since alignment isn't in?

Since those charges are slightly more expensive, I've been playing around with some ways to make them a little better than simple charges. Here's my current experiment, all of which is on top of the amount of base damage and effect power that's already added by the simple charges:

At T1, Anarchic and Axiomatic add more damage, while Holy and Unholy add more effect power.
At T2, Anarchic adds more damage and Unholy adds more effect power, while Axiomatic and Holy add a bit of each.
At T3, Anarchic adds more damage, Axiomatic adds mostly damage plus a bit of effect power, Holy adds mostly effect power and a bit of damage, and Unholy adds more effect power.

That way you're getting a bit of extra value out of more expensive ammo, plus some ammunition is slightly better matched to some attacks than others.

Similarly, for arrows I've tried setting up Broadhead arrows to do more damage in exchange for a slight decrease in effect power relative to Bodkin arrows (they should generally be better overall than Bodkin arrows, unless you're using an attack that's virtually all effects). I've also given a separate damage boost to all the iron arrow variants and a separate effect power boost to all the silver arrow variants.

All of this is just meant to stand in for the extra value of those ammo variants until we can get in the more specific advantages intended for each type of ammo, but it will hopefully provide adequate differences to make it worth creating a variety of ammo types.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
You are a Troll

Since those charges are slightly more expensive, I've been playing around with some ways to make them a little better than simple charges. Here's my current experiment, all of which is on top of the amount of base damage and effect power that's already added by the simple charges:

At T1, Anarchic and Axiomatic add more damage, while Holy and Unholy add more effect power.
At T2, Anarchic adds more damage and Unholy adds more effect power, while Axiomatic and Holy add a bit of each.
At T3, Anarchic adds more damage, Axiomatic adds mostly damage plus a bit of effect power, Holy adds mostly effect power and a bit of damage, and Unholy adds more effect power.

That way you're getting a bit of extra value out of more expensive ammo, plus some ammunition is slightly better matched to some attacks than others.

Similarly, for arrows I've tried setting up Broadhead arrows to do more damage in exchange for a slight decrease in effect power relative to Bodkin arrows (they should generally be better overall than Bodkin arrows, unless you're using an attack that's virtually all effects). I've also given a separate damage boost to all the iron arrow variants and a separate effect power boost to all the silver arrow variants.

All of this is just meant to stand in for the extra value of those ammo variants until we can get in the more specific advantages intended for each type of ammo, but it will hopefully provide adequate differences to make it worth creating a variety of ammo types.
Well here is a mean question: when can we have a look at some of these differences and the actual spreads of them so that we can better determine what we want to craft and ratio of specific type? smile
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Well here is a mean question: when can we have a look at some of these differences and the actual spreads of them so that we can better determine what we want to craft and ratio of specific type? smile

I'll try to post them once I'm happy with the initial implementation. Of course, they'll be subject to rebalancing once we see how they work on Zog and in the real game, but so far the current settings look to be in about the right range.
Bob
Decius
Is is that Base Damage is
Weapon: 40+5*minor keyword+20*major keyword matched
+
Ammo: ???
+
Conditional: Per feat used (Master of Opp, Sneak Attack, + to base damage)

Which then has the resistance of the target subtracted before multiplying by Damage Factor, then having zero or more percent subtracted based on attack roll deficit?
If so, what is the range of base damage bonus that you are contemplating? Is any of that a placeholder for when we care about cold iron bodkin versus mithril broadhead arrows?

Had to double-check with Cole, but yes, that's basically how the base damage from ammo will get added in. Ammo will also increase your Effect Power by adding some percentage points to the final effect power calculation.

I'm still fiddling with the exact ammo numbers, but with the ammo requirement being treated as a 20% damage/effect cost in the balancing formula, it looks like I need to return at least that much in base damage and effect power. That means returning 25% or more of the base damage and effect power one would normally have for various tiered attacks, since paying the ammo "tax" is supposed to actually make your attack significantly better in exchange. That could range from returning 12-50 points of base damage, and possibly from 24-100 percentage points in effect power. Those numbers sound a little high, admittedly, but the feats have been rebalanced to include that ammo cost and therefore theoretically leave room for that level of improvement. Still, I need to try it out more to be sure.

And yes, as I mentioned in some other recent posts, some of those bonuses are meant to stand in for the increased expense of ammo variants like bodkin vs. broadhead.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post