Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammunition

Bunibuni
What about encumbrance for ammo? Will we pick up so much ammo from the mobs that we can find ourselves over encumbered? Like we did way back when when mobs dropped weapons and armor all the time. Or is ammo relatively weightless?
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Bob
Bunibuni
What about encumbrance for ammo? Will we pick up so much ammo from the mobs that we can find ourselves over encumbered? Like we did way back when when mobs dropped weapons and armor all the time. Or is ammo relatively weightless?

Ammo's encumbrance is .01, same as coin, so it shouldn't cause too many problems.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ummm in my experience the #1 source of encumbrance is copper coins, followed closely by broken furniture. No idea how much ammo someone will need to carry around but I'm expecting well over 1000 for a typical escalation.
Bunibuni
So everyone will need the Strong Back feat and to have someone with a mule for any escalation, full of ammo.

The days of soloing the big stuff is getting further behind us.
Crafting! Gathering! Monster Killing! Exploring! Politicking! That's us in a nutshell! Ranged Attackers, crafters and gatherers come join the Holy Magicks company based out of High Road. Our main motto is "Death Thru Superior Fire Powers!"
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
Ummm in my experience the #1 source of encumbrance is copper coins, followed closely by broken furniture. No idea how much ammo someone will need to carry around but I'm expecting well over 1000 for a typical escalation.

I don't think you'll get as much ammo as you do coins, so that should help, and you'll probably want to hand it over to those who use ammo so that they can use it along the way. Salvaged ammo is also currently set up to provide less bonuses than T1 +0 ammo, which should be very cheap. As such, it's probably one of the first things you'll consider throwing away if you have no need of it at that moment.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow

I don't think you'll get as much ammo as you do coins, so that should help, and you'll probably want to hand it over to those who use ammo so that they can use it along the way. Salvaged ammo is also currently set up to provide less bonuses than T1 +0 ammo, which should be very cheap. As such, it's probably one of the first things you'll consider throwing away if you have no need of it at that moment.

I think the question is primarily concerning how much someone will need to carry around and the impact on encumbrance. If you need 2000+ arrows for an escalation that's almost half the base encumbrance before you start counting anything else. Maybe the missing detail here is how much ammo fits in the ammo containers and do they count against encumbrance when in a container?
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Sir, we haven't gone much into ammunition concerning things like buff/debuff orisons and cantrips. Is there anything to note about how they will be affected? Will it simply be about increasing duration and affect power like it is already for keyword matching?
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
I think the question is primarily concerning how much someone will need to carry around and the impact on encumbrance. If you need 2000+ arrows for an escalation that's almost half the base encumbrance before you start counting anything else. Maybe the missing detail here is how much ammo fits in the ammo containers and do they count against encumbrance when in a container?

My current thinking is that containers will store somewhere in the 200-500 range (depending on tier and upgrade), with 3-5 slots so that you can have some variety stored away. Ammo in a container will not count toward encumbrance, and only 5% of it will be lost on death (trying to match the 1/20 durability hit so that there's some loss, just not as devastating a loss as 25%, or even 100% if your husk is stolen/lost). Ammo containers will also auto-fill between combat, so once you've got salvaged ammo in one of the slots, from then on any newly salvaged ammo will be regularly refilled from inventory, keeping your encumbrance in check.
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Sir, we haven't gone much into ammunition concerning things like buff/debuff orisons and cantrips. Is there anything to note about how they will be affected? Will it simply be about increasing duration and affect power like it is already for keyword matching?

That's correct. The effect bonuses basically just add to your Effect Power, much as matched keywords do, so they'll have the same results. The numbers for those bonuses will return percentages similar to the damage bonuses. At the high end, the bonuses are pretty high, but that's largely balanced out by the cost of the ammo and the general reduction in the base effects given to the feat as a result of requiring ammo.
Edam
Sooo …

With regard to influence and achievements.

If you are in party and holding a bow and have no ammo will you still get influence and achievements when other people kill stuff.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post