Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Distribution of +1 and +2 Structure Kits

You are a Troll
So, alliance-wise that is:

Dominion: 14 +2 kits
EOX: 7 +2 kits
AL: 6 +2 kits
BHA: 4 +2 kits
Neutral/not strongly allied singletons: Three or Two +2 kits
Aragon/Bandits: zilch

I think, at this point in the game, every settlement on the server should just get one or two +2 kits. Not sure what the above numbers are designed to accomplish game-survival-wise?

And UC was totally granted the "dev protected flag" the moment it was moved from the SW and *re-created* up in the NE near TK and the Bloodstone Swords took up residence there.

Flari-Merchant
Wohoo! Long Live The Dominion of The Northern Marches!

About time we came in first at something.
Flari-Merchant
@ You are a Troll

What are your kit reward counts based on anyway? If they are based on alliances now they are wrong. If they are based on alliances then… they are still wrong.
Bob
You are a Troll
So, alliance-wise that is:

Dominion: 14 +2 kits
EOX: 7 +2 kits
AL: 6 +2 kits
BHA: 4 +2 kits
Neutral/not strongly allied singletons: Three or Two +2 kits
Aragon/Bandits: zilch

Alliance counts are potentially interesting data points, but these rewards were always portrayed as being per settlement, not per alliance.

You are a Troll
I think, at this point in the game, every settlement on the server should just get one or two +2 kits. Not sure what the above numbers are designed to accomplish game-survival-wise?

We said we'd hand out 0-3 +2 structure kits to each settlement depending on their level of participation in the War of Towers, so that's what we're doing. These numbers have been reiterated multiple times over the years, and are nothing new.

You are a Troll
And UC was totally granted the "dev protected flag" the moment it was moved from the SW and *re-created* up in the NE near TK and the Bloodstone Swords took up residence there.

We've always done our best to make it clear that UC isn't under any special protection. Yes, we moved them so that new players could get to them more easily, but we didn't give them any mechanical advantages, and we always said that UC was responsible for taking and maintaining its own territory. Whatever deals they made at the time to avoid being attacked were their own.
Flari-Merchant
Every single alliance listed is a differently composed entity now than it was then. That shows what time and politics and behavioral effects have on the game. If BHA(or EBA or whatever) were still made up as it was then, they would be the Grand special kit winners at this time.

But they aren't. In contrast, The Dominion is now made up of 2 formerly separate alliances that were active then. Each settlement that won kits has been expecting to get the just reward that they earned as promised many times. Going back from that promise would be bad mojo.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Today's alliance breakdowns don't reflect the reality when War of the Towers was going on very much. Additionally UC never had special protections, they just made deals with everyone. Hell, the League attacked some of their holdings after some members' transgressions. I think the reason none of the Kathapalas guys are getting anything is because during WoT their settlements just didn't end up participating in the game much at all at that point.
Flari-Merchant
Duffy Swiftshadow
Today's alliance breakdowns don't reflect the reality when War of the Towers was going on very much. Additionally UC never had special protections, they just made deals with everyone. Hell, the League attacked some of their holdings after some members' transgressions. I think the reason none of the Kathapalas guys are getting anything is because during WoT their settlements just didn't end up participating in the game much at all at that point.
I have never felt that UC had a "marker" of any protection on them at all. They simply were not on the radar for any Free Highlander conflict. If they were very naughty(or some were) it didn't come to our attention… but we were pretty busy at times already. I think what is now Mediash attacked OV on the 1st or 2nd day of WoT. Might have been 2nd week, but that was long ago and aged memory.

Certainly is fun to think back that far about the history of the server, smile
Decius
The only time I've ever seen any member of the Bloodstone Swords in PvP, it was purely defensive. They almost got away, too.
Lisa Stevens
Decius
The only time I've ever seen any member of the Bloodstone Swords in PvP, it was purely defensive. They almost got away, too.

What was that, like week one of early enrollment? And you attacked me after working an escalation with me? Well played.

-Laurethoron
Decius
Lisa Stevens
Decius

What was that, like week one of early enrollment? And you attacked me after working an escalation with me? Well played.

-Laurethoron
It was pretty early on. But I got everyone else except Bonnie in Alpha.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post