Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Missed Opportunities With Azoth

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Albion Online has a dual currency of in game gold and purchased coin. Works just fine there it seems.

It can be done if the game were working like it should.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Albion Online has a dual currency of in game gold and purchased coin. Works just fine there it seems.

The issue with that versus the EVE system used here (you sell the Azoth for Gold and spend the Gold) is the extra step requiring people sell there Azoth for game currency limits the pay-to-win aspects during major wars. Give people the ability to convert real cash directly into in-game assets and people can and will dump tens of thousands of real dollars into a war for any advantage they can get. Just because the current game has not attracted any EVE style "Russian Millionaires" subbing peoples accounts for them and throwing money around to get war assets does not mean it will stay that way. The current system provides an azoth/gold exchange market which provides a buffer.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Paddy Fitzpatrick

The issue with that versus the EVE system used here (you sell the Azoth for Gold and spend the Gold) is the extra step requiring people sell there Azoth for game currency limits the pay-to-win aspects during major wars. Give people the ability to convert real cash directly into in-game assets and people can and will dump tens of thousands of real dollars into a war for any advantage they can get. Just because the current game has not attracted any EVE style "Russian Millionaires" subbing peoples accounts for them and throwing money around to get war assets does not mean it will stay that way. The current system provides an azoth/gold exchange market which provides a buffer.
It is a valid point. I just wish that coin had enough value that players would want it as much or more than Azoth…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Gross
People will pay excessive amounts to win pvp…. even is SW Commander where you do not exchange things between players other than sending a limited amount of re-enforcements to assist attack or defence you see people with hugely upgraded troop types that can only be achieved by spending $100s of real dollars on crystals to buy crates to get the upgrade data chips.
Mercenary monster hunter from Forgeholm
War priest of Angradd… patiently waiting on Goblinworks to deliver him (and greataxes, Dwarves need 2 handed axes).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post