Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Warfare Rules

Edam
How does the level of the building (+2 Auction House etc) come into this ?
Bob
Edam
How does the level of the building (+2 Auction House etc) come into this ?

It doesn't right now, but I'll rework that part of the system when building upgrades are a thing.
Kenton Stone
Quick Math question - how does rounding work
Example
13*2.5 = 32.5

which way do we round?
Bob
Kenton Stone
Quick Math question - how does rounding work
Example
13*2.5 = 32.5

which way do we round?

Round the final results for each formula down.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Next: Can Siege Holdings benefit from 4 ally protection?

Hex protection doesn't apply for hexes directly neighboring an unallied settlement, so the most relevant siege equipment can't be protected that way. Siege equipment at other locations can be protected, like if you've just placed some in order to break through a specific hex's protection, but that's less of an issue.

So if I understand this, a few settlements can ally together for a siege and then build other holdings around the siege hexes to protect them from attack?

If that is the case that seems like it would be broken. I don't think siege hexes should be able to protected in the usual way if we want to give defenders a fighting chance.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bob
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bob
Next: Can Siege Holdings benefit from 4 ally protection?

Hex protection doesn't apply for hexes directly neighboring an unallied settlement, so the most relevant siege equipment can't be protected that way. Siege equipment at other locations can be protected, like if you've just placed some in order to break through a specific hex's protection, but that's less of an issue.

So if I understand this, a few settlements can ally together for a siege and then build other holdings around the siege hexes to protect them from attack?

If that is the case that seems like it would be broken. I don't think siege hexes should be able to protected in the usual way if we want to give defenders a fighting chance.

That is not the case. To damage the target settlement, siege equipment needs to be placed in the 6 hexes neighboring the target settlement. Assuming the owners of the siege equipment aren't allied with the target settlement, then those hexes aren't eligible for protection. On the rare occasion where the owners are allied with the target settlement (in other words, some kind of coup is being attempted), the alliance can simply be broken and the hexes won't be eligible for protection the next day.

Siege equipment at other locations can be protected, but that siege equipment can't actually damage a settlement, so it's no big deal.
Flari-Merchant
Sorry if this is covered already. All that math above causes my eyes to glaze and mini seizures. smile

Will Siege Holdings be subject to Invasions? Can they be subject to Raiding?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob

Yup, they act just like holdings in those regards. Big difference would be that raiding wouldn't have any daily production to steal, assuming the "outposts" are siege camps (since they don't produce any), but could still steal some bulk resources from the vault.
Flari-Merchant
Bob

Yup, they act just like holdings in those regards. Big difference would be that raiding wouldn't have any daily production to steal, assuming the "outposts" are siege camps (since they don't produce any), but could still steal some bulk resources from the vault.
Very Kewl! smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Demiurge
Bob
Defeating the Siege

Until the target settlement is destroyed and turned over to new owners, the siege can be defeated in the following ways:

• Prevent the siege from being established within 6 weeks of the siege declaration.
  • Destroy all the Siege Engines surrounding the target settlement, including any replacements, after the siege is established.
  • Prevent the attacker from doing damage 3 weeks in a row after the siege is established.
  • If the siege fails for any of these reasons, then the attacking companies/settlements cannot participate in another siege for 1 month.

So the supply lines only need to be kept up for the first 3 days to establish the siege and can then be taken down ?

Would the following scenario work? A company in settlement A wants to siege settlement B but a direct supply line is not possible as there is a settlement C in between. They therefore pay a company in settlement C (the in between group) to feud the target settlement for 3 days thus establishing a temporary supply line to allow the siege to commence. The company in C then lets the feud lapse as its no longer necessary.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post