Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Settlement Warfare Rules

Flari-Merchant
I am also curious about whether "line of supply" has to be maintained. Whether it can be broken and to what effect.

More: If I can read the Wiki correctly, the Master's Siege Engine has "elite guards" but less total PVP spawns than equivalent barracks or towers. Is that how they are designed?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
I'm gathering that the intent is that you aren't just going across the map and plopping down a siege (after fighting your way in), you do it via border growth and border attrition outward from your nearest allied settlement.

I'm a little confused what exactly the bolded part of this section means:
Third, establish a supply line between at least one of the attacking settlements and the target settlement. This involves having a series of hexes no more than 3 traversable hexes apart, each with a Holding and 2 Outposts held by a company involved in the attack.
WxCougar of KOTC
I wonder if three traversable hexes mean you can't ignore elevation changes. That the supply line must go through a pass hex if there are different elevations between the attacking settlement and the target settlement.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Duffy Swiftshadow
WxCougar of KOTC
I wonder if three traversable hexes mean you can't ignore elevation changes. That the supply line must go through a pass hex if there are different elevations between the attacking settlement and the target settlement.

That was my thought. Since you can't claim an elevation change hex you would inherently need a small gap, but does that mean in cases where there is no elevation concerns you can make a supply line by using every other hex instead of an unbroken chain? Also allowing possibly shorter paths by jumping over monster hexes and maybe even other enemy holdings?
Bob
Demiurge
So the supply lines only need to be kept up for the first 3 days to establish the siege and can then be taken down?

I edited the rules to say that the supply line has to be active in order for any damage to be done to the settlement. That means that if you can keep the supply line broken for 3 straight weeks of PvP days, no damage will be done and the siege will have to be restarted or abandoned.

The supply line could be a little tricky to deactivate without actually taking over hexes along the way because the attackers might have different PvP days than the defending settlement. If so, the supply line could reactivate before the settlement's PvP days if all you manage to do is defeat the outposts. That means attackers might choose purposefully to offset their PvP days, but in turn that will require pressing the attack for 3 days and defending territory for 3 days. Pretty risky choice.
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
If I can read the Wiki correctly, the Master's Siege Engine has "elite guards" but less total PVP spawns than equivalent barracks or towers. Is that how they are designed?

The siege equipment overall has less guards than other holdings or outposts, on the principle that players are choosing to actively attack and therefore don't need as much warning time to cover the 6 main hexes each day. If you're taking over a settlement, you should be pretty focused on that takeover for that period of time.

I also decided to have the number of guards be identical at each plus value for both the Professional's and Master's versions of all the siege equipment. Between the increased damage potential and the increased quality of the guards, having the numbers just keep going up from there felt like overkill, but I still wanted to provide a big incentive for adding higher plusses rather than sticking with the base T3 siege equipment.
Bob
WxCougar of KOTC

That is correct, the big point of traversable is to force the supply line path to make use of pass hexes instead of going up/down cliffs. I've updated the original post to try and make that clearer.
Bob
Duffy Swiftshadow
Since you can't claim an elevation change hex you would inherently need a small gap, but does that mean in cases where there is no elevation concerns you can make a supply line by using every other hex instead of an unbroken chain? Also allowing possibly shorter paths by jumping over monster hexes and maybe even other enemy holdings?

Yes, the allowed gaps are there to cover cases where hexes along the way (e.g. pass, monster) can't be claimed. Ideally, the path only needs to claim every third hex, but depending on exactly where the unclaimable hexes are along the way, it might be necessary to sometimes claim two hexes in a row.

And yes, you can jump over enemy holdings to establish the supply line. However, you're probably best off owning every possible hex along the path so that hexes can be lost without breaking the chain.
Flari-Merchant
On the odd chance that a siege gets foiled or abandoned will the siege holdings dissolve on their own sooner than non maintained decay or have to be destroyed? Will the target settlement be able to capture some "siege pieces" the same way that the attackers could have captured and repaired some buildings? Could siege holdings be dismantled (later use elsewhere) if captured or only destroyed?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
On the odd chance that a siege gets foiled or abandoned will the siege holdings dissolve on their own sooner than non maintained decay or have to be destroyed?

Nope, they'll have to be destroyed to get rid of them sooner.

Will the target settlement be able to capture some "siege pieces" the same way that the attackers could have captured and repaired some buildings?

They could be taken over like any holdings or outposts, but the target settlement would most likely just want to tear them down, unless they'd lost the siege and wanted to capture the siege equipment as part of retaking the settlement. However, since the victor has building rights in the core 6 for a week and is protected for a month, it's more likely that the victor would tear them down and replace them in that case.

Could siege holdings be dismantled (later use elsewhere) if captured or only destroyed?

Currently, being torn down doesn't leave anything behind. It's an interesting thought to have some portion of the attacking siege equipment wind up in the defender's hands if they win. We've considered similar ideas for other attacks, like raids and feuds, but it always gets complicated trying to keep the system from being overly gameable.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post