Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 14 Deployed to Zog

Bob
I still need to write up the preliminary release notes, but an initial build of EE 14 has been deployed to the test servers. We already know a few small issues that we'll want to fix before going to live, so this isn't a final candidate, but it's very close. If anyone wants access to check things out, send email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and I'll get you set up. I'll also be happy to hand out equipment and experience and achievements and all the usual stuff.
Flari-Merchant
Excellent!
Flari-Merchant
Bob,
When you have a chance can you get some ammo and containers into the Goblinville vaults to try out? Housing deeds too if you want us to have a go at placing and trying those out.

Thanks!
Maxen
Ditto for Ogreville please.
Bob
Loaded up Goblinville, working on Ogreville.
Bob
And Ogreville is now all stocked up.
Flari-Merchant
Thank you Sir!
Flari-Merchant
LIVE!: From Zog Space

I like that the difference between T1 arrows and T3 is not like a pea shooter vs a bazooka and dmg gained makes up for the terrible! smile df's.
I don't like the "slowed to 50% for 2 secs" instead of stationary but I like it better than stationary (make any sense?). 2 REAL secs is like 3-4 real secs after lag and any other issues between the server and myself. I think that 1 sec would flow Mo Betta.
The ammo counter on the UI is a nice surprise as is the text notices in the chat about reloading.
At first I couldn't figure out the trick to "offload" the ammo but got it easily enough.

Have not extensively tested LoS, but I can say that among trees it is working very well. Feels pretty good as far as playable and impactful.

Very well done, Gents!
Flari-Merchant
Live!: From Zog Space

Housing: Small Structures, but art we have not seen… I think. Upkeep is 1s/week and must be paid or the structure is torn down to Go to your bank, I suspect. Direct link to the bank (YOUR PERSONAL VAULT only)AND for a party vault. Training mentor right there, not sure if you can upgrade him/her or how. Looks like "weaponsmith" house mentor trains Expert skills only. As suggested there is your own mini Auction House right there. Looks like you can only sell what craft type house you choose when you purchase it. Does that mean no AH feature for a Fighter's Cottage? Finally a management tab to pay upkeep (unused balance refunded if torn down).

That's the quick and dirty lowdown blurty.
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Housing: Small Structures, but art we have not seen… I think.

They're made from existing pieces, but assembled in new ways. Some pieces may also be from structure upgrade levels that haven't been seen yet, so it's possible some are effectively new, but will be appearing again as part of the structure upgrades in EE 15.

Upkeep is 1s/week and must be paid or the structure is torn down to Go to your bank, I suspect.

The deed is returned to the owner's inventory as soon as the owner returns to the hex, much like what happens now with a smallholding that gets torn down when the owner isn't around. This system will also start being used on smallholdings, so inactive smallholdings will start getting torn down.

Direct link to the bank (YOUR PERSONAL VAULT only)AND for a party vault.

Yup, basically like the access smallholdings provide.

Training mentor right there, not sure if you can upgrade him/her or how.

The mentor's trainer level is 4 higher than the training potentially available at the settlement, so currently that means settlement level + 4.

Looks like "weaponsmith" house mentor trains Expert skills only.

I tried to give each mentor the full suite of feats most relevant to the core skill supported by the house. For crafters, that generally means that specific crafting feat plus Expert feats, for refiners and gatherers, it's the refining/gathering feat plus Freeholder feats, and for the fighting skills it's the feats most closely associate with each skill (including attack feats for the weapons most closely associated with that skill).

As suggested there is your own mini Auction House right there. Looks like you can only sell what craft type house you choose when you purchase it. Does that mean no AH feature for a Fighter's Cottage?

Correct, there's no personal shop at the Adventurer's Cottages, but they'll give improved power regeneration (currently they just do 12 per round like the tavern, but I'm upping that to 18 for the next build) and a pretty significant hour-long buff, 12 times per day. It's a pretty balanced trade.

Finally a management tab to pay upkeep (unused balance refunded if torn down).

To be specific, you only get excess complete weeks refunded. So if you only have one week paid up, that's this week and there's no excess. If you have 8 days left, then you get 1 week refunded, since today is covered. The idea is that you can't get back your initial payment, but any extra payments you make in advance will get refunded if they haven't started being used, so there's no danger in paying early. FYI, you can pay up to 6 weeks in advance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post