Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Experience Points

Sometimes
Thanks for the necro work, Giorgio. Interesting threads.
Giorgio
Sometimes
Thanks for the necro work, Giorgio. Interesting threads.

smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Flari-Merchant
@ Sometimes and Giorgio

Uhm, yeah your thread has been hijacked as all this multiple character stuff has little to do with the OP. Sorry about that. It happens often.

smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Mistwalker
How about having one character gain full XP per hour,
Character 2 gain half that (50 XP per hour),
and the last character earn halve of the above (25 XP per hour).

Will give you some variability on your characters.
And we could have the third slot on DT account get either 50 XP an hour or 25 XP per hour.
Giorgio
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
@ Sometimes and Giorgio

Uhm, yeah your thread has been hijacked as all this multiple character stuff has little to do with the OP. Sorry about that. It happens often.

smile

We can also ask Sometime, the creator of this thread, to add "and subscription models" to the title of this thread, and then we can un-derail the conversation? smile

BL, as you can can see from the multiple threads on experience points, it is directly tied to the whole subscription model topic as they are intertwined. How do you pay for your PCs XP? With a subscription (or equivalent).

I went and reread the OP, and these conversations seem like they are appropriate to the topic on hand of suggestions, ideas and recommendations on various aspects of the game.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

BlackMoria
Mistwalker
How about having one character gain full XP per hour,
Character 2 gain half that (50 XP per hour),
and the last character earn halve of the above (25 XP per hour).

Will give you some variability on your characters.
And we could have the third slot on DT account get either 50 XP an hour or 25 XP per hour.

Thanks, Mistwalker. Your suggestion is one I could get completely behind. People could then designate which character is the primary character, the secondary character and the tertiary character with freedom to re-designate if they wish, so that there is some means to implement this.
Flari-Merchant
These ideas are fine an good alternatives just so long as something is done to help add value and something is done to keep players busy when things bog down and the "charm" of the single character build starts to wear thin. But it is just one of MANY areas on things to add value to the subscription until the whole game can catch up to the asking price.

Edi: Forgot to add that I back the plain old 1 or 2 additional other character with full xp because I thought it would be the least confusing and easiest to implement.

Don't get me wrong! I started at the start with 6 subbed accounts and still have 4. Obviously I enjoy the hell out of playing PfO, personally. Then again those four accounts are allowing me to wallow in the activities and needs of 8 different characters!

One is not enough…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
There are many suggestions for subscription options, I would need to research multiple threads to summarize them all.

My preference as a PFO KS backer is for allplayers accounts to switch to DTs accounts,and give everyone the option to pay $5 per each additional PC gaining XP. I don't care about DT being a KS only deal, we had years of experience with this and the playerbase is not better for it. Make DT the default for everyone, I want to see the playerbase grow.

If GW can do the programming, and to get all players up to speed:
-Convert all existing 1,000 XP alts to "normal PCs".
-Current accounts with only one PC immediately gain a second PC with the same XP totals as their current one, both PCs are now treated as DTs.

-For all players that have a lapsed subscription, offer a service to pay for "missing XP" backdated to the first month the account was activated for a reasonable fee.

I am sure not everyone that is a KS backer will agree, and that's ok. smile

Flari-Merchant
Oh and I also want an in game mailbox with a fancy candy cane stand and a golden box on top. I know that Lisa has mentioned a better forum set up on the Paizo site for us but I want that Candy cane mailbox for Christmas, plz!
uotopia@msn.com
Stilachio Thrax
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Oh and I also want an in game mailbox with a fancy candy cane stand and a golden box on top. I know that Lisa has mentioned a better forum set up on the Paizo site for us but I want that Candy cane mailbox for Christmas, plz!

I want a Goblin Nutcracker!
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post