Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Help tab, and how it works (a guide for veterans and GW)

Hobson Fiffledown
When the yellow text turns white, click on the darn tab!

There is a small spike in new player activity now, but no new player's guide to help them. That white help line has lit up a number of times this weekend (during busy play times), and few to none head over to the Help channel to help. I'm happy to help with game mechanic and basic issues, but the convo often (every time) turns to state of the game, progress, and future plan questions. Does anyone really want ME to be the one answering those questions for new players? smile

So, older players, keep an eye that Help tab if you can.

TL;DR - Why am I the helper?!? Do I look like a helper?
This space for rent.
You are a Troll
I nominate Bringslite! smile
Bob
As an aside, by default the Help channel for each client ignores messages until you've "signed in" by clicking on it once that session. That way newer players who probably aren't ready to be answering questions yet won't get bothered by it. However, if you like being helpful and don't like having to remember to click on the Help tab every session, go to Settings and have the game automatically put you in the Help channel each time. To be honest, that setting is largely there because I was so terrible at remembering to click Help each session.

Also, settings like that work anytime someone plays on that computer. You don't have to set it separately for each character or account, but you do have to set it on each computer you use.
Giorgio
You are a Troll
I nominate Bringslite! smile

I second the motion!

More work for BL, yay! smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Hobson Fiffledown
I third it!

This is the largest influx of new players in a while, and being a little extra attentive in game couldn't hurt retention levels. I do try to send people over to General chat for things beyond technical game help. Having veteran recruiters and helper-types open the help tab by default in settings would be nice.

(Obviously I clicked mine on by default a while ago and had forgotten that was a thing. I'm guessing people do have it off by default and forgot that that was a thing too.)

I'd say, for promotions like this Humble Bundle, GW should also take a look at getting someone from their Paizo pool to sit around as a part-time CM during peak hours.
This space for rent.
Flari-Merchant
Oh Thou cruel Harpies! Thy beaks rend my soul with such aggressive pecking!

Have mercy!

You think that I have the answers? I am but a fool in a starchy cape….
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
Hobson Fiffledown
I'd say, for promotions like this Humble Bundle, GW should also take a look at getting someone from their Paizo pool to sit around as a part-time CM during peak hours.

I'd like to know if Paizo is actively involved*, and also why I got no email from Lisa about this Humble Bundle PFO promotion, nothing on the GW Facebook page, or even ANY mention on the GW Forums. I mean, if you are going to promote the game to new players, at least let the current player base know about it; eh? smile

*I know the GW team is small, but surely Paizo is going to put some resources behind this promotion?
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Sometimes
https://pathfinderonline.com/forum/topic/5425/

I am not on a mobile device
smile

You posted it, Giorgio, or am I misunderstanding what you meant? Apologies if this is so.
Flari-Merchant
I don't think that this is the big marketing push that Lisa alluded to in order to attract the ToTs (Tens of Thousands) to try the game. But it is bringing in some new faces!

It might be a "test" or it might have been just to add value to the bundle or both. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
I don't think that this is the big marketing push that Lisa alluded to in order to attract the ToTs (Tens of Thousands) to try the game. But it is bringing in some new faces!

It might be a "test" or it might have been just to add value to the bundle or both. smile

Correct, this was basically an opportunity we decided to take advantage of, but it is not the larger marketing push we plan for closer to Open Enrollment.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post