Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 14 Preliminary Release Notes

Paddy Fitzpatrick
One other question, do adventurer cottages offer higher training than normal or do they offer higher support than normal for the owner and/or their chosen skill?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
One other question, do adventurer cottages offer higher training than normal or do they offer higher support than normal for the owner and/or their chosen skill?

OP
•Adventurer’s Cottages and Crafter’s Studios have personal Mentors who offer training to the building’s owner relevant to their chosen skill. Training is offered 4 levels higher (maximum 20) than what would otherwise be available in that settlement (currently that translates to 4 levels higher than the current Settlement Level).

Nothing about support. I am hoping that The Crew just save themselves some trouble by making the focus for support hang on how advanced your Keep is. Leave all the building costs where they(I mean in the original wiki for that phase) are and even the upkeep if you like.

This would take less Dev work, be a simple solution to possible "support anxiety"(at least make it feasible for more settlements) and (best of all) possibly encourage ALL OF US to interact with each other to secure training for the feats we want and the crafting speed we want…
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I just want to be able to live in my own settlement again lol.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well, crafting a Keep to +5 is still a pretty rough job, don't get me wrong. Compared to crafting all the other buildings you want to support lvl 20 + a Keep is… ridiculous
Edam
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well, crafting a Keep to +5 is still a pretty rough job, don't get me wrong. Compared to crafting all the other buildings you want to support lvl 20 + a Keep is… ridiculous

But by all accounts, it sure is going to look pretty.

The concern at Keepers is not making these structures, its how much bulk we are going to need to support crafting at our current level.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Paddy Fitzpatrick

But by all accounts, it sure is going to look pretty.

The concern at Keepers is not making these structures, its how much bulk we are going to need to support crafting at our current level.
Both are concerns for Dominion settlements. You are on the money though about the ongoing cost of Bulk vs the cost of the actual buildings which have an end cost.
Bob
Paddy Fitzpatrick

You admittedly won't have full support for any ranks beyond those that you could learn elsewhere in your settlement (assuming the needed trainers are there in the first place), but you get free support for the first rank beyond that point, and sometimes you'll need multiple trainer levels to make a single rank of a particular feat available.
Hobson Fiffledown
My silver piece issue was really with the freehold upkeep description. The 160 silver a week is absurd, if possible. But I could see paying 7-10 silver a week with my playstyle if things are really busy again. If it's automatic like loot is (and from our vaults I'm guessing), I could see not noticing slowly paying 40 silver a month instead of 4 for a while, but ouch when you do notice…

'Freeholds cost 1 silver to set up. This initial fee is paid automatically when the building is placed. Blah blah blah cooldown. Blah blah another silver to set up again. Otherwise, blah blah behaves like other personal buildings for upkeep.' I mean, that's a first draft. A little splash screen for a final build and payment confirmation when you right-click the freeholding from inventory couldn't hurt either.
This space for rent.
Bob
Hobson Fiffledown
My silver piece issue was really with the freehold upkeep description. The 160 silver a week is absurd, if possible. But I could see paying 7-10 silver a week with my playstyle if things are really busy again. If it's automatic like loot is (and from our vaults I'm guessing), I could see not noticing slowly paying 40 silver a month instead of 4 for a while, but ouch when you do notice…

'Freeholds cost 1 silver to set up. This initial fee is paid automatically when the building is placed. Blah blah blah cooldown. Blah blah another silver to set up again. Otherwise, blah blah behaves like other personal buildings for upkeep.' I mean, that's a first draft. A little splash screen for a final build and payment confirmation when you right-click the freeholding from inventory couldn't hurt either.

We do give a chat message each time, but I could add a little more info to the deed description as well. A confirmation dialog could work too, though we try to avoid those for things that aren't done too often and where the consequences of doing them accidentally aren't too big a deal. Losing a silver is kind of on that edge where it's not a huge deal, but it's not nothing either.
Bob
Unfortunately, we found a showstopper bug at the last minute. We're going to see if we can roll out a server-side fix to Zog tomorrow, then do some more testing and possibly deploy it to Live on Friday. If that doesn't work out, we should still be able to get this to Live early next week.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post