Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ammo

Giorgio
Flari-Merchant
Until you have T3 attacks, you can't use T3 arrows.
So, if it is damn the cost situation then use T2 +3 arrows.
If it isn't then tell us how much coin you want to lose in any given situation. That's what it really IS ALL ABOUT! smile

Good points about the T3 attacks, so T2/+3 arrows are the most I should be shopping for.

I still need to figure out the T3 arrow info, so I can start stockpiling for when I have rank 5-6 Longbow attacks.

I have no idea how much coin I want to spend because I have no idea what arrows I need to buy.

I haven't see anyone offering to sell arrows on the GW Forum/Trade section, and I don't know what Auction Houses are actually open for business and what prices they are selling things for (as I don't have 1,000 alt pre-positions to do AH market value checks, and I don't have time for my primary PCs to add AH checking to their already busy things to do list). There is also no merchant companies or traders that I know off that I can outsource this work to.

So, I just added my questions to Bob's Ammo thread as it seems to best place to try to start getting information since ammo was recently implemented, and the market for them is still in it's infancy.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Flari-Merchant
Giorgio
Flari-Merchant
Until you have T3 attacks, you can't use T3 arrows.
So, if it is damn the cost situation then use T2 +3 arrows.
If it isn't then tell us how much coin you want to lose in any given situation. That's what it really IS ALL ABOUT! smile

Good points about the T3 attacks, so T2/+3 arrows are the most I should be shopping for.

I still need to figure out the T3 arrow info, so I can start stockpiling for when I have rank 5-6 Longbow attacks.

I have no idea how much coin I want to spend because I have no idea what arrows I need to buy.

I haven't see anyone offering to sell arrows on the GW Forum/Trade section, and I don't know what Auction Houses are actually open for business and what prices they are selling things for (as I don't have 1,000 alt pre-positions to do AH market value checks, and I don't have time for my primary PCs to add AH checking to their already busy things to do list). There is also no merchant companies or traders that I know off that I can outsource this work to.

So, I just added my questions to Bob's Ammo thread as it seems to best place to try to start getting information since ammo was recently implemented, and the market for them is still in it's infancy.
Okay, all kidding aside.
I know that getting the info is certainly not easy. There just plain isn't a lot of info or guides at all about PfO. This is something that you are going to have to figure out for yourself, past what has been written and advised to you here. There isn't really a secret.
*It has been written that Salvage Ammo is good for most everything up to Deurgar Slavers or Dark Elves if you are a maxed out archer.
If you aren't maxed out yet, like you, but you still want to do good damage compared to your party; mix with some T1 ammo.
Save anything like T2 or T3 ammo for things like this Escalation Challenge or PVP.
There is only so much advice that can be given out. Ammunition just isn't used enough yet for highly technical or EXACT answers. Players writing examples of what they are seeing is about the best we can expect, short of you noting what and how it works for yourself.
There is no "perfect information" to pass along. At least not yet. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Lisa Stevens
There is a player named Rain whose group is making arrows and other bowyer stuff and selling it out of his crafting cottage in Carpe Noctem. He only has T1 arrow right now, but a good smattering of all of them, including different plusses if you wanted to buy some and try things out.

-Lisa
Bob
I'm not sure there's a great generalized answer for tiers/upgrades of ammo that are worth your while, but for the most part, better ammo will always speed up your kills a bit and can be worth it when speed is of the essence.

That said, there's certainly no point in using better ammo against a mob that you can one-shot kill with lesser ammo. The more shots it usually takes you to kill a particular mob, the more speed benefit you'll get out of using better ammo, since the same percentage increase in damage/effects will result in a greater reduction in the total number of attacks needed. Also, the more a particular escalation/phase tends to result in deaths for your character or other party members, the more that better ammo can increase your speed by reducing the average number of deaths.

Basically, if your party is generally able to rush into battle against the largest mobs without any real worry about dying, then you can probably use lesser ammo than you're currently using and still clear things about as quickly. If you're having to be super-careful or are suffering occasional deaths, then better ammo will likely speed things up until you reach the point where you're again not too worried about dying. Against an enemy who will always require some careful strategy, like the Over the Crown mobs, you can probably benefit from everything right up to T3 +5 ammo.
Flari-Merchant
I would define "Benefit" as coming away from a play session having not lost coin in participating. Coin being value in lost gear(character death) as well as loot and relative(personal) value for things like gained recipes/expendables.

If you are using your weapon as much or more than an average party member, I highly doubt T3 +5 ammunition will be beneficially profitable…

If it is just to clear the escalation, like for the current challenge, then that is more subjective a value.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Flari-Merchant
If you are using your weapon as much or more than an average party member, I highly doubt T3 +5 ammunition will be beneficially profitable…

In general, no, but if it means the difference between getting a +3/4 medium structure for your settlement in the current event, or just a +3 small structure, then that could be profitable for your settlement. Likewise, if it means a significant reduction in ninja raids on your holdings, that could be worth it. If those kinds of considerations aren't really affecting you, and to a really high degree, then you're correct T3 +5 ammo will rarely be beneficial enough to be worth the cost. On the other hand, if it means the difference between keeping and losing your settlement, then virtually any expense will be worthwhile.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Flari-Merchant

In general, no, but if it means the difference between getting a +3/4 medium structure for your settlement in the current event, or just a +3 small structure, then that could be profitable for your settlement. Likewise, if it means a significant reduction in ninja raids on your holdings, that could be worth it. If those kinds of considerations aren't really affecting you, and to a really high degree, then you're correct T3 +5 ammo will rarely be beneficial enough to be worth the cost. On the other hand, if it means the difference between keeping and losing your settlement, then virtually any expense will be worthwhile.

I agree with that. I am not a lvl 20 bowyer but my skill is still pretty high. At better than 5.5 days to craft just 100, T3 +4 arrows, I can't see them being anything like profitable for less than "emergency" type benefits.

Edit: just trying to be clear for Giorgio(or anyone else) who is seeking straight uncomplicated answers where there really are none. smile
uotopia@msn.com
Edam
Giorgio

Rank 5 is T2+3
Rank 6 is T3
Giorgio
Edam
Rank 5 is T2+3
Rank 6 is T3

Could you kindly fill out the rest of the Ranks to Arrows chart? smile

Rank 1 is
Rank 2 is
Rank 3 is
Rank 4 is
Rank 5 is T2+3
Rank 6 is T3
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Fult
Rank 1 : T1+0
Rank 2 : T1+1
Rank 3 : T1+2
Rank 4 : T2
Rank 5 : T2+3
Rank 6 : T3

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post