Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Outlaw Council Meeting: December 2017

Giorgio
@Goblinworks,

It has been a long time since we have had an Outlaw Council meeting, and given the progress made on the Roadmap, that fact that the way things have been implemented from EE12-EE14 (with somethings earlier and some later than planned), and especially the situation brought up by the Humble Extra Life Bundle 2017 bringing in new players, I believe it is time for another game developer/settlement level conversation.

Would it be possible to schedule another Outlaw Council meeting for next month (December), preferable on a weekend night (FRI, SAT, SUN after 6pm EST)?

Edit: This is in addition to the once or twice a month general public meetings that GW also use to have and engage with the general PFO community directly via the Keepside Chats.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
You are a Troll
What is an *Outlaw Council*?
Azure_Zero
You are a Troll
What is an *Outlaw Council*?

The Outlaw council is where the Devs and The Settlements leaders talk.
You are a Troll
Oh…sounds fairly elitist. What is the point of talking to only 15 people or so?
Schedim
Because then thing actually can be discussed instead of a 200- people shitstorm it would be otherwise.

The settlements are supposed to be the core unit so I find it quite natural that they can get together with the devs at this stage…
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
WxCougar of KOTC
I always handled it where I polled my Settlement members on topics they wanted to know more about or any concerns and then brought them to the council. I took notes from what we learned at the council and then brought them back to my Settlement members. As Schedim said, its easier to work with representatives than a mass of people. That said, some Settlement Leaders may not be taking their members concerns to the meeting or sharing information - in which case that is a different issue that the Settlement members likely needs to address.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
From a more practical end, what would be the goal of the meeting? What kind of agenda would we be looking to discuss in the first place? I don't see how having a meeting for its own sake would accomplish much.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Giorgio
Paddy Fitzpatrick
From a more practical end, what would be the goal of the meeting? What kind of agenda would we be looking to discuss in the first place? I don't see how having a meeting for its own sake would accomplish much.

Knowing when is the next meeting allow us (settlement leadership) time to communicate with out settlement membership and find out what issues they have concerns about, so we can represent them in the meeting.

Some topics that quickly come to mind worth having a direct conversation (versus writing in the forums) could be:

1- Roadmap update
2- New Players
3- Current (declining) player base
4- Social Tools
5- Settlement specific issues

Plus anything that each settlements membership brings to the attention of Thier respective leadership.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Giorgio
WxCougar of KOTC
I always handled it where I polled my Settlement members on topics they wanted to know more about or any concerns and then brought them to the council. I took notes from what we learned at the council and then brought them back to my Settlement members. As Schedim said, its easier to work with representatives than a mass of people. That said, some Settlement Leaders may not be taking their members concerns to the meeting or sharing information - in which case that is a different issue that the Settlement members likely needs to address.

+1 , In agreement with your post and Schedim's post above.

Some things are better communicated verbally (a conversation) that is much harder to do in a written format.

Each settlement has someone to represent their issues\concerns in a direct way with the development team; we have had these council meetings before, and I think we are long overdo for another one.

Paddy Fitzpatrick
I get the representing our settlements and whatnot in these meetings as I am a settlement owner myself.

Now I just want to know if there will be any gain doing it this way as opposed to writing it out on the forums? It is most of the same people. Would we be saying anything different than we are right now?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post