Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Outlaw Council Meeting: December 2017

Giorgio
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I get the representing our settlements and whatnot in these meetings as I am a settlement owner myself.

Now I just want to know if there will be any gain doing it this way as opposed to writing it out on the forums? It is most of the same people. Would we be saying anything different than we are right now?

I can't answer that question, it all depends on who shows up, what topics are discussed, and what value GW places on listening to us (the settlement leadership). I personally believe it is worth a try.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Right, that's what I am trying to gauge here. I still don't think it is necessary at this point but given advance notice I should be able to make it if we have a meeting.

I am just hoping productive things will come out of this meeting.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Giorgio
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Right, that's what I am trying to gauge here. I still don't think it is necessary at this point but given advance notice I should be able to make it if we have a meeting.

I am just hoping productive things will come out of this meeting.

So do I; the only way to find out is buy being proactive and getting other settlement leaders to speak up and participate in making this meeting happen and be productive.

@Non-settlement leadership players: if you have something you have strong feelings should be addressed in the game, contact your settlement leadership and make your concerns known.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

Flari-Merchant
Probably the same as other peoples questions: What is hoped to be accomplished there that can't be accomplished here? What is hoped to be communicated there that can't be communicated here?

Look, we all know the situation here. There is a Roadmap. We are on that map and making progress. We do not all agree that the points along that map are the points which are the most important points to hit along the way. Even though we don't get much say in what is worked on for this, we do get to influence some of the things about these goal markers. How they work. The numbers/mechanics involved.

I am not against Outlaw Council meetings. They are a good place for Settlement leaders to voice opinions and concerns and issues but we need citizens following and informing these leaders to make it work right. Otherwise it really is just the voices of a few potentially having a large impact. I do think that a more wide look at issues is available here than in a 2 hr voice chat amongst leaders of settlements with populations of 1 - 5.

That will eventually change.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Probably the same as other peoples questions: What is hoped to be accomplished there that can't be accomplished here? What is hoped to be communicated there that can't be communicated here?

Look, we all know the situation here. There is a Roadmap. We are on that map and making progress. We do not all agree that the points along that map are the points which are the most important points to hit along the way. Even though we don't get much say in what is worked on for this, we do get to influence some of the things about these goal markers. How they work. The numbers/mechanics involved.

I am not against Outlaw Council meetings. They are a good place for Settlement leaders to voice opinions and concerns and issues but we need citizens following and informing these leaders to make it work right. Otherwise it really is just the voices of a few potentially having a large impact. I do think that a more wide look at issues is available here than in a 2 hr voice chat amongst leaders of settlements with populations of 1 - 5.

That will eventually change.

1-In my experiance a verbal conversation with multiple active participants with an agenda can be very productive in a way that multiple posts spread on dozens of forum threads over the course of days/weeks is not.

2-This game is a fantasy sandbox territorial conquest game, and active settlements are a key part of that. Our voices have been heard before, and there is no reason it can't be heard (directly) again.

3- Roadmap; I disagree with one of the fundamental priorities of the game's direction, and will not stay quite and hope things get better over time.

4- Settlement size; that is exactly one of the points that needs to be addressed directly with the development team; I disagree the forums is the best place to have that conversation, and it can be done in less than two hours.

5- I respectfully disagree with passively waiting for change, and the way the current roadmap is set up to tackle the fundamental problem of a declining/not growing player base.

Flari-Merchant
It isn't really a thing like a voting matter, Giorgio. From what I understand the Road Map was laid out by Lisa and the Dev team according to a few parameters:

What can we do to finish major points of the promised feature set?
What of those have some pre existing foundation to spring from?
What things can this small team actually do in this time frame?

Probably more.

It isn't that I am against an Outlaw Council meeting in the least. Neither am I for limiting how you particularly want to communicate your opinions and ideas. I do believe that both the Dev team and Lisa read and watch these forums though. If Paizo decides that they also want an Outlaw Council Meeting nowish, I won't bat an eye or protest at all.

Respectfully back at you, I just can't see what issues can be improved until this Road Map is played out. The Road Map seems to be a "non negotiable". I feel like the best thing we can do right now is help them get through it with the best advice we can give about the different parts of that map.

That also does not mean that we shouldn't holler for In game mail and friend's Lists and direly needed things. There are places on the map that are vague and open ended. I just think that they are hearing about those things just fine right here.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
Nothing to see, move along… smile

Flari-Merchant
Not a problem, My Brother! smile

You do know that EE16 holds planned improvements to in game communications? What we can do is probably influence (somewhat) the shape which those mechanics take. As The Devs get closer to it and have a chance to look into doing it, they will even have more ideas and re-feedback on our suggestions.

Right now they have full plates but the right time will come.
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
You do know that EE16 holds planned improvements to in game communications?

Considering that I printed a hard copy of the Road Map the same day the blog went up, yes I am aware of what is scheduled for EE16. smile

Notice that EE14 was scheduled for September 2017, and it was deployed November 2017 (+2 months later).

It is not unreasonable to expect that EE16 will be pushed back to February or March 2018.

I will address later why this is of a concern to me.

Giorgio
It isn't really a thing like a voting matter, Giorgio. From what I understand the Road Map was laid out by Lisa and the Dev team according to a few parameters:

What can we do to finish major points of the promised feature set?
What of those have some pre existing foundation to spring from?
What things can this small team actually do in this time frame?

Probably more.

There is a Bob quote (somewhere) about revisiting the Road Map in light of its current deployment (some things were done earlier, somethings where pushed back, some things were added, its 2 months behind schedule… ) and a need to update the Road Map blog. I will need time to find the relevant quote, (bleep) the lack of search features.

In addition, I would like to talk about a feature ALREADY on the Road Map, which I believe deserves a higher priority than it has now. Like right now, with new players coming in, and current players leaving, and lots of old players taking a "wait and see" approach and the player base shrinking and not growing.
It isn't that I am against an Outlaw Council meeting in the least. Neither am I for limiting how you particularly want to communicate your opinions and ideas. I do believe that both the Dev team and Lisa read and watch these forums though. If Paizo decides that they also want an Outlaw Council Meeting nowish, I won't bat an eye or protest at all.

I did a search on the last time the Outlaw Council was discussed; as far as I can tell its been 2+ years since the last one. I know that Bob and Lisa read the forums, but if no settlement leader expresses interest in a meeting or why another one is even necessary, then a meeting will not be called at all.
Respectfully back at you, I just can't see what issues can be improved until this Road Map is played out. The Road Map seems to be a "non negotiable". I feel like the best thing we can do right now is help them get through it with the best advice we can give about the different parts of that map.

That also does not mean that we shouldn't holler for In game mail and friend's Lists and direly needed things. There are places on the map that are vague and open ended. I just think that they are hearing about those things just fine right here.

The Road Map is a plan; like all plans it can be updated as "circumstances on the ground" change. See my notes above of the changes that don't match the Road Map when the blog was first posted.

When your house is burning RIGHT NOW, you don't stop to think about what a nice remodeling or painting job your going to do six months from now. At this moment November 2017, many of the current player base cant be bothered to log in and play, let alone the new players we are trying to bring onboard.

If EE16 is deployed in January 2018 (+2 months), most likely after the holiday, that is more months that we are loosing the opportunity to gain new players , keep the current players engaged and active, and add the "social" aspect to a player content driven game. If EE16 is delayed till February or March (more likely) that is even MORE months that a crucial game element continues to be missing.

In a similar way, this game player base is declining right now and it causing serious problems in gaining new players, let alone retaining existing players. As I have said before, a fantasy sandbox game with player generated content as a key element that lacks the most basic of communications & social tools is sabotaging its ability to create that content, engage the players, make the game fun, and encourage its growth. I will stop here because this topic really deserves its own thread.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post