Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Outlaw Council Meeting: December 2017

Flari-Merchant
I won't argue with any of that. Go for it. Just remember that we have Discord now too and that I still doubt an Outlaw Council will get these points across any better than what you are writing here. Being able to scream it won't help. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
I won't argue with any of that. Go for it. Just remember that we have Discord now too and that I still doubt an Outlaw Council will get these points across any better than what you are writing here. Being able to scream it won't help. smile

Agreed.

I won't say no to an outlaw council, but I don't see it being a game changer either.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
You are a Troll
It's not a game changer, but it is elitist.
Midnight
You are a Troll
It's not a game changer, but it is elitist.

But it is an excellent strategy for any company that aspires to having a 22 player MMO.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well that's just it isn't it? It would make sense to have a meeting if there were hundreds or thousands of people playing with many players per settlement. This doesn't make sense when at most we have ten players at most per alliance with at least half of them as settlement owners.

Again, if a meeting is called I will go if I can but all the reasons given so far don't apply here. There really is no need for one.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Giorgio
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Well that's just it isn't it? It would make sense to have a meeting if there were hundreds or thousands of people playing with many players per settlement. This doesn't make sense when at most we have ten players at most per alliance with at least half of them as settlement owners.

Your last sentence is a key indicator of this games primary problem, extremely low player base.

I am inclined to believe most settlements are really composed of 1-10 active players, and that is not a good place for this game to be.

I disagree with your point that it doesn't make sense to have a meeting unless you have X amount of players, I am of the view that you have a meeting with the people actively playing the game and paying to do so right now, and start a constructive dialogue directly with the developers on how to improve the game and focus on attracting, retaining and empowering the players who are here in the present, not some distant time in the future. You work with the people you have, not those you wish you had. The people who are active now are the ones who will be in a position to contribute to this games success.

In addition, don't shortchange (discount?, right off?, ignore?) those of us who ARE settlement leaders (regardless of our settlement's membership size) as we are (generally) the ones who are putting in the time, money, effort, and commitment to do something, create content, and make this game work.

We tend to be very active in the Goblinworks forums.

We create and maintain our settlements websites and voice coms.

We are the ones who try to create events (like escalations and gusher parties), conduct diplomacy and trade, work on group projects, maintain and build the settlements, coordinate so that our members have the appropriate weapons, armors, implements, expendables, recipes, crafting materials and what not they need to be successful.

We are the ones who have been around and know what is working and not working as regards to settlement level issues.

We are the ones who will go the extra mile to recruit new players, teach them the game, and help create content so new players can have a fun experience in game.

We are still here after all that has transpired over the last few years, and we keep coming back to play and pay our monthly subscriptions on our multiple accounts so that Goblinworks can keep the lights on and keep developing the game in the hope that it gets better and becomes a success.

Damn right I want to speak to the developers directly in an Outlaw Council meeting and make my voice heard; I am not content with the way things are and the way things are going. I am not content to write a few posts on the forums and be passive and hope for the best. I am not content to watch new players enter the game and then quickly leave because they are not able to communicate with others with in game social/communication tools and see a game devoid of players, and stand by and do nothing while even more players get disillusioned and keep leaving.

I am respectful requesting another Outlaw Council meeting, which is something that Goblinworks has done before on more than one occasion, and which I feel is long overdo.

Of the 30 settlement leaders (or so) in the game, over the course of the last few days the ones who have posted here on this thread have been mostly negative on this request, and the VAST majority have said nothing. That alone is concerning.

As Goblinworks has not responded on this thread (even though they have commented on other threads recently)I will continue to present my case as to why I think a meeting is warranted, until they weigh in one way or another.

I would like to see this game grow and be successful; that is part of the reason I am here and being vocal. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Huran
Just a thought…

The outlaw council has been getting a lot of 'bad press' in the past as well as this thread. I can see why Goblinworks might hesitate to hold another one.

With the population so low, why not have an open meeting and see who shows? This could be done on discord easy enough and we can even designate a moderator if people are concerned with others being disrespectful.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Flari-Merchant
PM Bob or Lisa.

oops. Email Bob or Lisa. smile

Edit: Just so that I am not a total bastard, a Voip meeting could do wonders for PfO Discord registration.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
You are a Troll
Huran
Just a thought…

The outlaw council has been getting a lot of 'bad press' in the past as well as this thread. I can see why Goblinworks might hesitate to hold another one.

With the population so low, why not have an open meeting and see who shows? This could be done on discord easy enough and we can even designate a moderator if people are concerned with others being disrespectful.

Great idea, and much more democratic.
Riff
Well open forums are not actually democratic the loudest and most opinionated, as opposed to most rational, people tend to get heard the most smile

Still a fresh open forum, rather than closed group of us settlement leaders rehashing old disputes, may actually be a good idea.
Fort Ouroboros Freeport - Chaos in the South West
Supporters of Gorum Faction and the Independant Free Traders Alliance
Email: fort.ouroboros@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post