Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Important Upkeep Info for Freehold (Smallholding), Cottage and Studio Owners

Bob
I'm not sure everyone noticed this in the release notes, but upkeep for player housing doesn't get automatically pulled from a vault or from a character's Abadar credit. It must be paid manually using the building's Management window. You don't need to bring coins to the building, you can just pay from Abadar credit, but you do have to go to the building to make payments. You can pay up to 6 weeks of upkeep in advance, so this essentially requires that you check in at your housing at least every 6 weeks to avoid losing your spot. Upkeep was done this way in large part to help us get unused Freeholds out of the way so that other players could put Freeholds down in those hexes.

If a Freehold that's not in a settlement gets torn down for lack of upkeep, you'll get your deed back, but just like any other time a Freehold is torn down away from a settlement, any items in its vault are put in a husk. You don't want to store more in a Freehold than you're willing to lose if upkeep somehow doesn't get paid.

All the existing Freeholds were given a week of free rent so that they wouldn't get torn down, but that week is running out. If this escaped your attention and you won't be able to get to your Freehold in time, contact customer.support@goblinworks.com and we'll work something out.
Hobson Fiffledown
Ooo, so the forgotten smallholds across the land will be dropping lootable husks on the 17th after server up?
This space for rent.
Bob
Hobson Fiffledown
Ooo, so the forgotten smallholds across the land will be dropping lootable husks on the 17th after server up?

Those that have stuff in them.
Flari-Merchant
I thought that Freehold husks had "owner access only" funki majic?
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier

The husk is marked as belonging to the owner of the Freehold, but as with other husks, that just means the owner is the only one who can take everything out of the husk quickly. Everyone else has to run a short gathering animation and can only grab 5 encumbrance worth of items (1 item minimum) from a single stack each time.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier

The husk is marked as belonging to the owner of the Freehold, but as with other husks, that just means the owner is the only one who can take everything out of the husk quickly. Everyone else has to run a short gathering animation and can only grab 5 encumbrance worth of items (1 item minimum) from a single stack each time.
Sweet! No the same but I remember the fun of stumbling across a decayed player Large House in UO. Was pretty fun, lootz for free and all that…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post