Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Line of sight in pve

Iram Thelbane
I aggree with Maxen
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Maxen
Look. What this comes down to is testing. And how many here can honestly say they logged into Zog and gave LOS a thorough rogering? Probably very few, and I include myself because life happens. The game is still in development and the dev team is…well we know we the state of the game. Bob and Cole have done an awesome job with the resources on hand. I’d suggest that we do a better job testing next time the opportunity arises. As for LOS, it doesn’t make the game less fun. Nor does ammo. Both of those things were sorely needed and bring a new level of realism to combat. Criticizing solves nothing. Threatening to quit solves nothing. Bring issues to the table, let Bob and Cole address them, then let’s test the next patch.

Threatening to quit will not help, but giving criticism definitely does. Not all of us have time to go to Zog. I often don't have time to play the main game as is. Being treated with an "if you were not on zog you have no right to complain argument" is ridiculous.

The whole point of criticism is to express whether the current game as is works and whether it is fun or not. It is to express our experience with the game. The game is still in development and whether we are all able to get on Zog or not we are still testers in this game nonetheless. We know we aren't playing a full release retail game yet and some things can only be properly tested once they get off of Zog and are deployed to the main game I'm sure.

So while threatening to quit is a pointless endeavor, criticizing things that we think may or may not be working out has a point. Sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong but it is still valid to give feedback regardless of who got on Zog or not.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Maxen
You’re right Paddy. There are two forms of criticism. Constructive is fine and I apologize for not delineating between that and non-constructive. And I don’t believe I said players who don’t test have no right to complain. I said ‘bring the issues to the table for discussion.’

I recognize that that we all have more or less availability for testing. But I stand by my point that if more players found even a little time to test, it would make for a better product when rolled out.
Flari-Merchant
We are the funniest little bunch of gamers! We ask for features. We demand features. We howl for features.

We get the features.

We cry about the features. We hate the features. We dislike anyone that uses the features. Instinctively we assume the features break things, wreck things and all for the bad.

@ Bob,

I find things(sometimes) a bit of a cluster frack while doing gushers. At times the mobs, I am assuming, also trying to get LoS on me, dogpile onto my character space and no one can hit anything, or a few can hit me but most can't. Still the strength of the kit-site declines rapidly.

To be clear, using some quick thinking reflex actions I can always extricate myself(so far) and lay about me to "Strike down the rascals".

What I am wondering is if mobs "stacking" onto each other(or the character) to be able to get LoS on characters, but thus causing themselves being very hard to lock LoS FOR characters can be or should be addressed?
Maxen
I’ve experienced the same thing with gushers. I get a dogpile around me and other PCs and have trouble getting LOS on enemies. But an AoE like Fire Whirl or Whirlwind gets all of them even if I can’t get LOS. (Heaven forbid friendly fire becomes a thing again). smile
Kenton Stone
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
We are the funniest little bunch of gamers! We ask for features. We demand features. We howl for features.

We get the features.

We cry about the features. We hate the features. We dislike anyone that uses the features. Instinctively we assume the features break things, wreck things and all for the bad.

@ Bob,

I find things(sometimes) a bit of a cluster frack while doing gushers. At times the mobs, I am assuming, also trying to get LoS on me, dogpile onto my character space and no one can hit anything, or a few can hit me but most can't. Still the strength of the kit-site declines rapidly.

To be clear, using some quick thinking reflex actions I can always extricate myself(so far) and lay about me to "Strike down the rascals".

What I am wondering is if mobs "stacking" onto each other(or the character) to be able to get LoS on characters, but thus causing themselves being very hard to lock LoS FOR characters can be or should be addressed?

This doesn't happen often but I agree with Bringslight on this.
I tested it on Zog and found it adequate for play.
In the game I have noticed the Pile on and find it an excellent tactic [even if unintended] you just got mobbed.
My whirlwind fighter loves when everyone gets close and my Light blade never stops moving and avoids it.
If you stand in one place expect to get overrun.
When I do gushers I use a decoy to lure the mobs away from the site and kill them quickly.
Am I annoyed when my prey escapes into the mob? Yes, but so what, its reprieve will be short lived no one escapes me for long.
Get used to it and adapt.

Note: as an aside I like where gushers are at now. The mobs will turn and attack me as they are moving in and not ignore me remaining invulnerable.smile Good work on this Bob. I always for get to give Cole a big {You Rock dude}smile keep hacking at that code.
Demiurge
Maxen
I’ve experienced the same thing with gushers. I get a dogpile around me and other PCs and have trouble getting LOS on enemies. But an AoE like Fire Whirl or Whirlwind gets all of them even if I can’t get LOS. (Heaven forbid friendly fire becomes a thing again). smile

AoE's are OP … nerf them smile
Flari-Merchant
I find the same problem that others have found with melee AoE. Many times Whirlwind will not trigger until I can get a lock on something outside the actual cluster. For a 2+ year character, it only adds a lil difficulty.

For a newer character, it adds much difficulty to an already (IMO) feature(gushers) that should probably be solo-able within a few weeks or month of play(in the weakest cases of gushers). Not that this is OT with OP, but I think that the "get with Group now or fail" way this game is structured could be eased down. Just a notch or two, maybe.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
I find the same problem that others have found with melee AoE. Many times Whirlwind will not trigger until I can get a lock on something outside the actual cluster. For a 2+ year character, it only adds a lil difficulty.

For a newer character, it adds much difficulty to an already (IMO) feature(gushers) that should probably be solo-able within a few weeks or month of play(in the weakest cases of gushers). Not that this is OT with OP, but I think that the "get with Group now or fail" way this game is structured could be eased down. Just a notch or two, maybe.

Yeah, at early levels the group effort parts should be dialed down a bit. New players may wanna just give gusher mechanics a try and overwhelming them may be a major turnoff.

There will be plenty of time for the whole requiring a group thing once they join a player group.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Mistwalker
Have any of you having trouble with the mob tactics tried jumping?

My mage stands on a table, and when I get mobbed, I key the attack, jump up, and the attack goes off.

Tis another tactic to use with AoE attacks.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post