Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Clarifications on base camp versus freehold

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Now hang on a sec, I thought the buildings from a conquered settlement would only be partly destroyed or damaged? I remember initially it was going to be all buildings die but I remember that ruling was changed.

Am I mistaken somehow?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Also on the topic of what would be best targets for hordes, let's not lie to ourselves guys we all would be easy pickings. A company that is the size of the current playerbase would be enough to take any one of us on once they get their training up. A larger company could easily run all over any of us.

As far as the current pop is concerned every group here is currently a small juicy target for a much larger group to feast upon unless we all United together to fight a common foe. Let's not hold any pretensions of being stronger than we really are.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Stilachio Thrax
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Now hang on a sec, I thought the buildings from a conquered settlement would only be partly destroyed or damaged? I remember initially it was going to be all buildings die but I remember that ruling was changed.

Am I mistaken somehow?

I remember that being discussed, but I thought it was in the "in the future that would be nice" column. Regardless, if it looks like its going to be taken imminently, I, and expect others as well, will go scorched earth and leave nothing to be taken over.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Paddy Fitzpatrick

Correct, 25% of the buildings from each size (rounded down) are destroyed, but the remainder can be "rebuilt" for 1 gold coin each.
Stilachio Thrax
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Also on the topic of what would be best targets for hordes, let's not lie to ourselves guys we all would be easy pickings. A company that is the size of the current playerbase would be enough to take any one of us on once they get their training up. A larger company could easily run all over any of us.

As far as the current pop is concerned every group here is currently a small juicy target for a much larger group to feast upon unless we all United together to fight a common foe. Let's not hold any pretensions of being stronger than we really are.

Very true, though I expect the easiest targets (low level settlements) will be still be more tempting due to the shorter time needed in taking them and lower level siege equipment that could be used to do so.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Regardless, if it looks like its going to be taken imminently, I, and expect others as well, will go scorched earth and leave nothing to be taken over.

The rules are generally written to block that kind of thing. For this particular point, we took out the ability to tear down structures a couple updates back in preparation for sieges. If a settlement needs to tear down a structure, the owner/s can send an email to customer.support@goblinworks.com and I'll tear it down using a GM command, but that won't be allowed during a siege.
Flari-Merchant
There is so much about sieges, feuds and all conflict that is pretty blurry. I hope that it becomes more well laid out when the rules are consolidated and organized.

I still haven't decided if I want to even try to help maintain a settlement in the first place or be a homeless vagabond because I know nothing about the D.I. and other requirements to do so yet…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
You are a Troll
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
You are a Troll
Bringslite-Dominion Soldier
Just so that what I feel is clear to any readers: I certainly feel that any groups which come into the game should be able to establish their own "spots" whether the they are grouped after coming or before. Whether they find unoccupied lands, make deals or take areas through PVP. There should be a fairly clear path or several paths to follow and succeed at to do so. I am also well aware that this game will never work "right" until PVP (the battle/skirmish/small time kind) is MUCH MORE COMMON. The game's whole concept was designed around it.

I very much agree, and perhaps the empty settlements are the middle-ground option to allow that to occur? Then we can fight over the hexes that actually produce enough bulk to support a settlement?
It would be a good idea for all that own basically empty settlements to get used to the idea that they will be juicy looking to groups of new players that have none.

You misunderstood. I meant the empty, never developed settlement hexes spread throughout the map not all the inactive and semi-inactive ones already claimed.
My apologies Good Sir. Not on purpose.

Those will be an interesting case if activated. Yes those will cause much fighting for good producing hexes as, with them activated, there are not enough hexes for all….. smile

Edit: There really has been no mention about that happening throughout the Roadmap, though. I do not think that the general plan for OE includes a nice attractive "Pillar of Homesteading" because there is no need seen for it or just no time to do it.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post