Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Downtime

Flari-Merchant
The Daily Downtime consistently exceeds 1 hour now. Many new players that first get into a game will always be excited to get back in after downtime when they are first learning about your world. They will not mind getting in earlier than the scheduled time daily but they will get frustrated if they have to wait longer than the posted time.

I would like to suggest that you extend the downtime to 10:30 AM rather than have them so disappointed. At least until a pass can be made for optimizing the maintenance routine.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
I'll look into making the downtime messaging a little more vague to take into account that the servers are likely to return between 10 and 10:30. Most of the days I checked recently it was up closer to 10 than 10:30, so I don't want to scare people off from starting to try around then. We can also do a quick check to see if there's anything obvious slowing things down.
Flari-Merchant
Whatever you think is the best way to go about addressing it if you agree there is a potential issue there. smile

I'm pretty much past caring if the downtime isn't too out of whack. I can say though when I am new to a game (especially a PVP sandbox) and I can get in earlier than expected, I feel like I am getting a possible jump or advantage. When I am regularly delayed because of extra long maintenance, I can feel like I am losing part of what is supposed to be MINE.

As I said though, I've been playing this long enough now to feel that the nodes, mobs, whatever will be there no matter what. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
DLoren
Could the maintenance routines indicate progress every few minutes, with the login screen polling every minute or two to get an update on an approximate state?
Bob
DLoren
Could the maintenance routines indicate progress every few minutes, with the login screen polling every minute or two to get an update on an approximate state?

That's something we'd like to implement eventually, but it will take a fair amount of work.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post