Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Where Art Thou Pine?

Flari-Merchant
Why is it so hard to get any good amount of pine wood collected? I see one or a few pieces occasionally. Can never seem to gusher it though. It is more scarce than T3 materials…

Did a bunch of people complain that there was "just too much pine laying around"? Is it going extinct as a tree species? What the hell, it's a T1 resource isn't it?

Please Help Save Pine.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Maxen
Would you say you’re…pining for it???

Your text to link here...
Flari-Merchant
Maxen
Would you say you’re…pining for it???

Your text to link here...
Yeah, I wood! smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Huran
Pine does seem to be freakishly scarce. I think most of our pine in keepers pass comes from killing ogres and collecting broken furniture.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Riff
Its not dead … it is pining for the Fjords ….
Fort Ouroboros Freeport - Chaos in the South West
Supporters of Gorum Faction and the Independant Free Traders Alliance
Email: fort.ouroboros@gmail.com
Smitty
everyone one is cutting it down.. taking it in doors to decorate this time if year… mine has popcorn and lights on ir..
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Any chance you could take a look at the pine gathering situation? Lots of pine is needed for Keep construction (at the least) and it has become pretty unreasonable to find.

Thanks for anything you can do, Bob! smile
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
I'm working on adjusting the pine numbers. The biggest issue with pine is that it's so widely distributed, and there are several other abundant resources that are gathered at the same nodes. Hopefully I'll have something ready for the next build.
Flari-Merchant
Thanks Bob. It is in a few places, but it is less common than Yew or Maple. At least not as common as hexes that have Forestry Nodes that offer ONLY Yew and Maple. I realize this is likely because those are arrow ingredients. but a cpl hexes where there is a reasonable chance to gusher pine and oak would be appreciated.

Right now I can't even get more than a few pine per encumbrance load in any hex I can find.
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Pine's actually in a ridiculous number of hexes, just in small enough amounts that you can't really target it by going to particular hexes. The idea was that it would be constantly gathered in small amounts, adding up to a large amount overall. However, I'm trying to move toward a bit less of an even distribution, with more T1 resources having "good" hexes for focusing on gathering them, but it's tricky to go back and do that in any remotely balanced way.

And, of course, pine was just plain under-represented, though not by as much as some other resources were under-represented in the past. Still, it should be better when I finish my next resource pass.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post