Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Starting out as a Wizard or a Thug with a Club?

Zindarak
I would also like to know more about this.

Arrows and Charges both seem somewhat expensive and time consuming to make. Since bowmen and wizards will probably go through a large amounts of them quite fast, i fear that there may be shortage issues or they will become ridiculously overpriced.
EnglishScribe
And if the wizards wand (and clothing) suddenly disappears (as mine did) there is no way of getting another.

Having played for 20+ hours, with many node gatherings, I do not have enough components to create ANYTHING, and now with the wand gone it effectively renders the wizard role useless.

I that time I have has a total of 6 items dropped, most of which are useless.

Is it really going to ne necessary to train as a fighter to enable the 2+ weeks of gathering it will take to create a new wand?

The start-up experience is very sub-optimal.
Ryan Dancey
Did your stuff vanish because it ran out of durability (you died 20 or more times) or because of a bug?

Why not go to the NPC next to the Red Robed wizard trainer at the wizard academy and get another free starting wand?
Zindarak
Ryan Dancey
Did your stuff vanish because it ran out of durability (you died 20 or more times) or because of a bug?

Why not go to the NPC next to the Red Robed wizard trainer at the wizard academy and get another free starting wand?
I can not speak on behalf of the above poster, but over the course of the last week i have had 3 different items disappear (a club, a shortbow and a longbow). These items were all in good condition (14/20 to 20/20).
Kitsune
Certainly be bug-reporting these things as soon as you notice them, people. Please. Because we don't want this sort of thing happening post-start-EE.
Edam
Ryan Dancey

None of my characters can get the free items after the first few hours. Possibly even after the first item you get from them.

I have tried traveling to all the starter towns with my cleric to get a battle focus with no success and have resorted to trading for them.

For some reason the starter NPCs will not talk to him.

I have heard other people in general chat state the same thing.
Edam
Zindarak
Ryan Dancey

I can not speak on behalf of the above poster, but over the course of the last week i have had 3 different items disappear (a club, a shortbow and a longbow). These items were all in good condition (14/20 to 20/20).

That seems to happen when you do something along the lines of drop an item into a slot already occupied. Which is relatively easy to do if you confuse the primary and secondary slots.

That bug combined with the 2 HP per death bug has meant I tend to never equip my crafted better quality stuff.
EnglishScribe
Ryan Dancey

I was attempting to equip a shield in the off-hand when the wand vanished.

As mentioned above, it is not possible to get another one as none of the free equipment providers interact once you already have had an item from them.

If items are durable, it should (a) be better indicated on the UI (*1) (b) drop more often than once in a 20+ hour period (clothing) (*2) or © be economical to produce/purchase a replacement.

Are clothes durable?

At present, for me, the game is not fun - with a character walking around in under-clothes with no way of using the
wizard attacks.

(*1) Equipped items do not show up on the inventory list, and there is no indication on the 'doll' of how much the items have decayed - if any).

(*2) Over 20+ hours, after killing 27 goblins, 21 bandits, 7 wolves, 1 skeleton; the total item drop is:

2. Hunters Bows
1. Pine Shield
1. Rune clothes (now gone)
1. Steel Greatsword
9. Lesser tokens of …
EnglishScribe
Also,

The first character I tries followed the rogue role, with a bow.

It got 10? shots with the bow, which then ran out. I managed to drop another bow - equipping either of the two bows was out of ammunition.

I followed the tutorial to craft arrows, produced them, but there does not seem to be any way to reload the bow with the arrows - they sit separately in the inventory and do nothing.

Eventually I deleted this character as there did not appear to be any way to restore the bow attacks.
JoJampa
EnglishScribe
Also,

The first character I tries followed the rogue role, with a bow.

It got 10? shots with the bow, which then ran out. I managed to drop another bow - equipping either of the two bows was out of ammunition.

I followed the tutorial to craft arrows, produced them, but there does not seem to be any way to reload the bow with the arrows - they sit separately in the inventory and do nothing.

Eventually I deleted this character as there did not appear to be any way to restore the bow attacks.
That is strange .. I've used shortbow and longbow without issues with 2 different characters, and no training for either. Ammo isn't used in the game at present. Perhaps a silly question but did you toggle "~" and switch to the secondary weapon slot which might have been empty?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post