Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Escalating Escalations

Bob
Starting Tuesday, December 19 and ending Monday, January 8, right after Daily Maintenance, every empty monster hex will have an escalating series of escalations launched in it. The first time a hex is found cleared, it will have a Stage 1 escalation launched, the second time a Stage 2, all the way up to Stage 7 where it gets an Over the Crown escalation launched. Here are the escalations for each stage, which will be chosen from randomly:

Stage 1
  • Bonedancers
  • Broken Men
  • Nature's Wrath
  • Ripping Chains
  • Skeletal Uprising
Stage 2
  • Goblin Ghouls
  • Moloch Cultists
  • Razmiran Cultists
  • Skull-Basher Ogres
  • Undying Ogg
Stage 3
  • Duergar Slavers
  • Elemental Rift
  • Ustalav Invaders
Stage 4
  • Dark Elves
  • Mordant Spire
  • Them Ogres Ain't Right
Stage 5
  • Elite Dark Elves
  • Elite Duergar Slavers
Stage 6
  • Gathering of Legends
Stage 7
  • Over the Crown

If an escalation variant (e.g. Dark Elves, Duergar Slavers) occurred in a given hex at an early stage, options at later stages would be adjusted to prevent that hex from getting the tougher variant of the same escalation (e.g. Elite Dark Elves, Elite Duergar Slavers) in Stage 5.

This will be taking place in every monster hex, so the more hexes get cleared all the way through Stage 6 before Daily Maintenance on Monday, January 8, the more Over the Crowns will get launched.

In addition, there will also be a specific monster hex assigned to each settlement, with that list to be posted shortly. Any settlement that clears the Stage 6 escalation (Gathering of Legends) from their assigned hex will get a +3 Small Structure Kit of their choice. Any settlement that clears the Stage 7 escalation (Over the Crown) from their assigned hex will also get a +3 Medium Structure Kit of their choice.

Further, if more than 20 Stage 6 escalations are cleared, assigned or not, then everyone who gets a +3 Small Structure Kit will also get a +4 version of the same kit, and if 10 Stage 7 escalations are cleared, then every settlement receiving any Structure Kits will also get +4 versions of the same kits.

To count toward these Structure Kit rewards, the hexes must be cleared before Daily Maintenance on Monday, January 8.

Update: Added award for clearing 20 Stage 6 escalations.
Flari-Merchant
Nice! A little competition to motivate us. I like it! smile
Bob
Here are the assigned hexes for each settlement:

Alderwag: -13,-6
Aragon: -2,2
Blackwood Glade: -2,14
Brighthaven: 6,13
Caer Coedwig: -11,-4
Callambea: -10,0
Canis Castrum: -14,11
Carpe Noctem: -1,4
Concordia: -4,5
Corbenik: -15,4
Corvus Citadel: -17,14
Dun Baile: -11,4
Emerald Lodge: -5,10
Everwatch: -16,8
Forgeholm: 3,-2
Fort Ouroboros: -18,20
Golgotha: -5,7
Greystone Keep: -7,19
Hammerfall: -2,11
Hangman's Hollow: -12,9
High Road: -20,1
Hope's End: -11,14
Keeper's Pass: 2,13
Marketstead: -13,14
Mediash: -7,-3
Ozem's Vigil: -10,-7
Phaeros: 1,18
Staalgard: -1,-3
Sunholm: -20,10
Sylva: -5,14
Talonguard: -21,4
Tavernhold: -20,-7
University Commons: 5,-1
Veggr Tor: -14,1

I cleared most of these and replaced the running escalations with raids, with some exceptions for hexes that were actively being worked on. If any of the existing escalations cause problems, or if my removal of any of these existing escalations causes issues for anyone, write to customer.support@goblinworks.com and we'll figure out something fair.
Bob
Another quick clarification: This will be taking place in all the Low Security Monster Hexes, but not in the two Medium Security Monster Hexes that are set aside for tutorial escalations (-12,18 and 0,3).
Flari-Merchant
Bob,
Are these replacements an early start? If wiped out tonight, will those hexes be starting Stage 2 after tomorrow maintenance?
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Are these replacements an early start? If wiped out tonight, will those hexes be starting Stage 2 after tomorrow maintenance?

Raids are all even lower than the stuff listed in Stage 1, so clearing those out will get you a Stage 1 escalation tomorrow morning. Putting those in guaranteed that something tougher wouldn't magically appear between then and now, and raids can be cleared pretty quickly.

Flari-Merchant
Bob
Flari-Merchant

Raids are all even lower than the stuff listed in Stage 1, so clearing those out will get you a Stage 1 escalation tomorrow morning. Putting those in guaranteed that something tougher wouldn't magically appear between then and now, and raids can be cleared pretty quickly.
Hmmm… Okay, thanks for replying.

Edit: I get it now. You are giving us an easier chance to have "empty" hexes at maintenance up as is one qualifier to start the process. My thanks, Sir.
WxCougar of KOTC
Would figure that I'd just be finishing building our last +3 structure ; ). Looking forward to this, love events smile.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Bob
WxCougar of KOTC
Would figure that I'd just be finishing building our last +3 structure ; ). Looking forward to this, love events smile.

Very impressive! Fortunately, there's no requirement that you use any rewarded structures in your own settlement, so you can probably get a pretty good trade with someone for their choice of structure kit.
Bob
FYI, I updated the original post to include that if more than 20 Stage 6 escalations (Gathering of Legends) are cleared during this time, then every settlement that gets a +3 Small Structure Kit will get a +4 version of the same kit.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post