Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Structure Upgrades

Bob
I'll be posting separate threads about Development Indexes, Structure Upgrades, Structure/Settlement Upkeep, and Taxation and Fees to go over our current thoughts on implementing these for EE 15. Here's what we're thinking about for Structure Upgrades:

Before a structure can be upgraded, it must first be placed. Placing structures works much as it does now, except that enough DI must be available to be banked when the structure is placed. As before, this is best done using a +0 structure kit, but can be done using upgraded structure kits after confirming/accepting that doing so will still result in a +0 structure.

Upgrading and downgrading a structure is all done by eligible characters from the Structure Management Window. Training Levels and Facility Ratings for individual structures are determined by their Current Upgrade

Upgrading a structure beyond its current Max Upgrade can only be done if the structure is already upgraded to its Max Upgrade, that upgrade is lower than the Keep's Current Upgrade (Keeps ignore this requirement), and the structure isn’t shut down. If the character is eligible to manage structures and has a structure kit with a higher plus value than the structure’s current Max Value, then the character can use up that kit and increase the structure’s max upgrade by 1. There must also be enough DI available to be banked. This also results in the structure’s Current Upgrade rising to the new Max Upgrade. If the character tries to use a kit that’s more than one plus above the current Max Upgrade, they have to confirm that they understand that they’re wasting the additional pluses.

Structures can be downgraded 1 plus at a time, which returns any banked DI for the dropped upgrade immediately to available DI, subject to Max DI. The Keep cannot be downgraded below the highest Current Upgrade of any structures.

If the structure’s Current Upgrade is below the Max Upgrade and below the Keep’s Current Upgrade, eligible characters can up the Current Upgrade by 1. Doing so requires enough DI to bank and sufficient upkeep to pay the pro-rated difference for the higher upgrade. Upgrading a Support Structure immediately puts the difference in DI Bonuses into Available DI.

To tear down a structure, settlement owners can contact customer.support@goblinworks.com to arrange for a structure to be destroyed. Such requests are subject to verification with all settlement owners, and won't be done while a settlement is being targeted for a siege.

Post your feedback here for discussion, and I'll make adjustments to this post with any changes that arise from discussion, or that turn up during implementation.
Flari-Merchant
Hi Bob and Cole,

Any thoughts on the only other essential buildings besides the Keep? Like the AH and the bank? I have heard that there is a recipe for the AH but what are any benefits for upgrading the AH or the Bank as it is actually listed in the wiki with only an increase in coin upkeep on one and full expanding upkeep on the other?

Thanks
harneloot
I hardly see the AH as *essential*….?
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Flari-Merchant
harneloot
I hardly see the AH as *essential*….?
Good point. I'm most interested in why I would upgrade one.
WxCougar of KOTC
I too would be curious to see what upgrading the AH will do.

If I am understanding this correctly, the Keep is essentially the main building. Nothing can be upgraded higher than the level the Keep is at? So when we want to upgrade buildings we should upgrade the Keep first and then the other structures. (Provided that we have enough DI to do so based on the DI requirements per structure's upgrade level).
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Bob
WxCougar of KOTC
If I am understanding this correctly, the Keep is essentially the main building. Nothing can be upgraded higher than the level the Keep is at? So when we want to upgrade buildings we should upgrade the Keep first and then the other structures. (Provided that we have enough DI to do so based on the DI requirements per structure's upgrade level).

That is exactly right.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Any thoughts on the only other essential buildings besides the Keep? Like the AH and the bank? I have heard that there is a recipe for the AH but what are any benefits for upgrading the AH or the Bank as it is actually listed in the wiki with only an increase in coin upkeep on one and full expanding upkeep on the other?

For now, the bank and the tavern won't be upgradable. There were some thoughts about eventually making those upgradable, which is probably why there's some coin upkeep listed for bank upgrades, but we don't have anything ready yet for them.

The auction house is a trickier question, since it's the one upgradable structure that doesn't include training, crafting and/or DI generation, which are the things every other building improves on as part of upgrading. That's going to require some thought.
Edam
Bob
The auction house is a trickier question, since it's the one upgradable structure that doesn't include training, crafting and/or DI generation, which are the things every other building improves on as part of upgrading. That's going to require some thought.

There was talk in the past that lower level AH might be limited in the Tier of items that can be sold. I am undecided on whether that would be a good thing or not.

One obvious thing a higher level Auction House should do is allow bids and sales to be listed for longer. Being able to list 3 month bids instead of 1 month would be a big incentive to get a +5 Auction House.
Stilachio Thrax
Edam
Bob

There was talk in the past that lower level AH might be limited in the Tier of items that can be sold. I am undecided on whether that would be a good thing or not.

One obvious thing a higher level Auction House should do is allow bids and sales to be listed for longer. Being able to list 3 month bids instead of 1 month would be a big incentive to get a +5 Auction House.

This is a very good idea.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Edam

That was indeed one possibility discussed. To make things a little more granular, the original plan was to restrict auctions by quality, so +0 houses could only handle goods up to quality 50, then +1 up to 100, and so forth until +5 can handle goods of 300+. Quality is largely based on tier and upgrade, so it's basically the same thing. It would also imply that the auction houses in NPC settlements should be restricted to items with quality below 50, which would be quite a change. On the positive side, it would make having an upgraded auction house quite the marketable advantage for a settlement. Still, that's quite a restriction on economic activity, and perhaps something more like a surcharge for items of higher quality than the auction house specializes in would be more appropriate.

Edam

That's an interesting idea. We can certainly play around with all the currently fixed variables associated with making offers and see what feels right.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post