Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Structure Upgrades

Father Bronin
Something is off here. I think you mean t1 for level 0-2 and t2 for level 3-5
OR is it t2 for level 0-2 and t3 for level 3-5?

+0: T2/+2
+1: T2/+3
+2: T2/+5
+3: T2/+1
+4: T2/+3
+5: T2/+5
Bob
Father Bronin
Something is off here. I think you mean t1 for level 0-2 and t2 for level 3-5
OR is it t2 for level 0-2 and t3 for level 3-5?

+0: T2/+2
+1: T2/+3
+2: T2/+5
+3: T2/+1
+4: T2/+3
+5: T2/+5

Ah, the dangers of using copy/paste to fill out a table. Your second proposal is correct, I'd meant to use T2 for +0-2 and T3 for +3-5. The basic idea is that Thornkeep and other NPC settlements train some feats up into T2, so we wanted the progression to start with the T2/+2 equipment those feats require.

I edited my prior post with the right numbers.
Flari-Merchant
What I do like about it is it does give greater power to those who invest in building their AH up and power to those that want to control the behavior (for good or ill) of others.

What I am a little bit leery about is the paragraph above this one. It is a lot of power to put into the hands of a small pop game like this.
Maxen
Flari-Merchant
What I am a little bit leery about is the paragraph above this one. It is a lot of power to put into the hands of a small pop game like this.

And yet I suspect that until the population grows and is able to support a true economy where any of this matters, the same self-craft and barter system will continue.

I do support the proposed plan. A settlement’s ability to support a high plus AH should be correlated with the power of the items it can sell.
Flari-Merchant
Don't cast my vote against it. I'm just curious how it will work out. There has to be some value if they want us to consider upgrading AH's
Giorgio
This looks like a good incentive to upgrade AHs.

I would like to see in the future at least three player run regional AHs in competition for business and providing services unavailable in NPC AHs.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Flari-Merchant
Giorgio
This looks like a good incentive to upgrade AHs.

I would like to see in the future at least three player run regional AHs in competition for business and providing services unavailable in NPC AHs.
I think that would be alright.

I am not sure if this will get through or not as it has never been directly addressed by The Devs, or I have forgotten their responses but the issues with the economy are not as terrible as I have thought. They are more like a mix of what I have been saying and others have been responding. Largely Edam of Keeper's Pass.

To be clear:
After a few months of real trying, I have found that there is less wrong with the economy and more right than I have previously felt.
1. The economy is ALIVE. If you gather/craft and post materials on the AH, they do sell.
2. THE PROBLEM IS THAT HARDLY ANYONE DOES. I think this is because of a combination of A. no one needs COIN and B. most basic materials can be found locally and readily.

I should add that (IMO) it makes perfect sense. If I need Iron and Coal for some project I can find enough close by for just about any situation. Will I just then mine Iron and trade my excess to buy Coal on some AH? No, because I can get it close to home and it is about the same effort to gather both myself rather than NOT having both nearby and having to hope a nearby AH has one of them for sale.
Fiery wind
The biggest issue I see with Auction Houses right now is that the primary incentive for those selling on them is either limited coin income for training, or people who simply enjoy being the trader and hope that coin becomes more useful as the game progresses. The incentive simply isn't there, because the issue of coin value has never been addressed. We don't have to make meaningful decisions with coin, because there's no scarcity issue.

You're also right Flari that development has bent over backwards to make it easier to find most of what you need locally, and that has long stunted trade. The recent resource re-balancing only exacerbated the problem. I've been gone for quite a while, but I'm under no illusion that it was targeted at the unique resources PR controlled, namely black. The issue of having too effective a control over a resource *was* a huge problem, but there were much more elegant ways to resolve the issue than taking a sledgehammer to it and killing the game's best shot at meaningful regional trade. One of the issues was the southeast was too rich in unique or rare resources. I recognize that as having been true. Instead of diluting that uniqueness and rarity though, it would have made far more sense to me to make other resources more unique and regionalize them to a greater degree.

Perhaps this is simply beating a dead horse, but the economy and trade has been totally neglected and, at times, actively developed against, since the start of this game. It frustrates me that no lessons have been learned after years of failure on this front.
WxCougar of KOTC
Having a means to both sell publicly on the AH and internally on the same AH would also be of interest to some I think. Basically have the ability to only sell/buy things in house (within a Settlement) as well as to buy and sell things openly to anyone who comes by the AH.
Keeper's Pass (NG) - Respecting life, protecting freedom, united against tyranny. We are a Crafting Settlement with friendly people and welcome many play styles including casual and Role playing. For more information check our Traveler's Guide to Keeper's Pass at https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/109/. If you wish to join with us in Keeper's Pass come visit us at our website at http://www.kotcguild.com/.
Flari-Merchant
As far as I see it, the real issue was just simply that "Black" and probably Shadowskin? were too limited in the two and one spots that they were available. And yes, a sledge hammer (or wrecking ball if you like) were used to adjust ALL THINGS. Just as fixes usually are implemented, it swung WAY too far toward over correction. The lower Tier mats have always been both too numerous in both location and spread. It widens the gathering opportunities way too wide except for a few select spots like pine which is now "better" after it was with the correction.

Not surprised really. It had to be done in a way that did not look like a punishment singly against the SE for their location and luck of geography.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post