Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Structure/Settlement Upkeep

Bob
Trippic
Bob, it appears from your answer that a keep + X is not necessary in order to set settlement level at Y. Therefore since Keep only trains seneschal, and it is at this point (unless you change the requirement from Social Points to something we can actually obtain) impossible to effectively get above level 13 in seneschal (a major impediment to building higher level buildings) there is no purpose to building a keep up past level 2. Is that correct or do you intend to alter any of the parts of my analysis that would change the analysis?

You can set your Settlement Level all the way up to 20 regardless of how upgraded your Keep is, but you still can't upgrade any of your other structures higher than your Keep. So if you want a +3/4/5 Temple, you'll need a +3/4/5 Keep.

That said, we do need to get the Seneschal issues fixed at some point. We've tossed around some ideas for other Social Achievements, but most (if not all) will require some code work.
harneloot
Flari-Merchant
P.S We plan to have all of our structures available to at least all that are not aggressive to us or our friends.

This is true now, or only in the *future*?
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Flari-Merchant
harneloot
Flari-Merchant
P.S We plan to have all of our structures available to at least all that are not aggressive to us or our friends.

This is true now, or only in the *future*?
See the bold above. Right (currently) now the only thing that has changed is Caer Coedweg being fully open and accessible. Not all other "Dominion" settlements are fully or partially closed according to the settlement leader's will.

As is also "current" policy, if you find yourself unable to access any "Dominion" settlement, all that is needed is to contact that settlement's leader (through direct or proxy contact) so that he/she knows that you would like that changed. This would probably be an agreement between you and them to not be aggressive to our members and anything else that particular leader has concerns about.

Several of our Leaders are not interested in playing at workarounds with the "Blacklist" and "Unaffiliated" systems and having a big mess to edit later. That is likely why some groups or persons find themselves unable to access certain parts of The Dominion's existing facilities.

I like you and have respect for you, Xyzzy, which is why I am(once again) re-informing you of this current policy. As things change and mechanics come online, The Dominion is considering some significant changes but it is not for me to detail those yet. smile
Bob
Here's the numbers we're looking at for settlement upkeep. The goal is to have a settlement with almost all possible +5 S/M/L structures automatically get settlement level 20. It will then take a smaller and smaller percentage of structures at the appropriate upgrade to automatically get the matching settlement level automatically.

These upkeep numbers also ensure that a full town at a specific structure upgrade level will never automatically provide a settlement level more than one above the matching level. For example, a town full of +1 structures won't automatically grant level 14 (matches +2), but will grant level 13. These upkeep numbers grant one settlement level up for towns full of +0-2, but only grant matching levels for structures +3-5. That said, such settlements automatically get a fair amount of the way toward the next settlement level, so paying half the difference will often be a good value to get the next level of support.

On a related note, when calculating the difference between what's being paid toward the structures and what's required for the target settlement level, the amount of bulk resources paid toward the structures will be averaged across all 5 bulk resource types. This will prevent settlements that are heavily-weighted toward using one particular bulk resource from having to make up a huge difference on their least-favored bulk resource.

Settlement Level 9: 5 of each bulk resource, 100 copper coin
Settlement Level 10: 8 of each bulk resource, 160 copper coin
Settlement Level 11: 15 of each bulk resource, 270 copper coin
Settlement Level 12: 31 of each bulk resource, 430 copper coin
Settlement Level 13: 58 of each bulk resource, 630 copper coin
Settlement Level 14: 102 of each bulk resource, 860 copper coin
Settlement Level 15: 171 of each bulk resource, 1110 copper coin
Settlement Level 16: 278 of each bulk resource, 1370 copper coin
Settlement Level 17: 440 of each bulk resource, 1630 copper coin
Settlement Level 18: 675 of each bulk resource, 1880 copper coin
Settlement Level 19: 1000 of each bulk resource, 2110 copper coin
Settlement Level 20: 1400 of each bulk resource, 2310 copper coin

Again, settlements only pay half the difference, so a settlement that just wanted to have support at level 20 but only had a +0 keep (the bare minimum) would wind up paying a grand total of about 700 of each bulk resource (less than the current 756) and about 11.5 silver coins each week.

Eventually, a settlement running all +5 S/M/L structures would be spending more like 1475 of every bulk resource (average across all 5 bulk resources) and 24 silver coin each week. In the short run, a settlement running all +2 S/M/L structures at settlement level 19 (our starting point for easing everyone into structure upgrades) would be paying about 588 of each bulk resource (very close to the current 583) and 16.5 silver coins each week. Plus, they'd actually be getting level 20 training and facility ratings for that first month, though only support to level 19. Prices would ramp up steadily each month for similar results, since you'd steadily need either better structures or higher settlement levels, until we hit the final target in month 7.

Thoughts?
Flari-Merchant
Bob, a bit confusing but can you confirm for me: After the cost ramp-up 7 months, what would be the cost for a Settlement that has nothing but a +0 Keep but wants lvl 20 support and what would be the upkeep of a settlement that has every spot filled with a +5 building?
Edam
Flari-Merchant
Bob, a bit confusing but can you confirm for me: After the cost ramp-up 7 months, what would be the cost for a Settlement that has nothing but a +0 Keep but wants lvl 20 support and what would be the upkeep of a settlement that has every spot filled with a +5 building?

I would assume the cost of a settlement that has every spot filled with a +5 building will depend on exactly which buildings your settlement chose to use.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Flari-Merchant

I would assume the cost of a settlement that has every spot filled with a +5 building will depend on exactly which buildings your settlement chose to use.
I can be happy seeing an average in that case. smile

Edit: I think this is the average in any case. "Settlement Level 20: 1400 of each bulk resource, 2310 copper coin"

I am most interested in a cost for running a lvl 20 with only a +0 Keep.
Edam
Bob already gave you the "all +5" average:

Bob
Eventually, a settlement running all +5 S/M/L structures would be spending more like 1475 of every bulk resource (average across all 5 bulk resources) and 24 silver coin each week.

As far as running lvl 20 with a +0 keep (which limits all other buildings to +0) he has stated that as well:

Bob
…. a settlement that just wanted to have support at level 20 but only had a +0 keep (the bare minimum) would wind up paying a grand total of about 700 of each bulk resource (less than the current 756) and about 11.5 silver coins each week.

TL&DR
…. 700 of each bulk a week gets you level 20 support but very low level training/facilities. If you want to go to the other extreme and get level 20 training/facility on everything 24/7 (equivalent to a current level 20 settlement) you will need to find 1475 of every resource a week instead.

You could of course just upgrade individual buildings to +5 on weeks you need to train or set off long craft jobs - or even do something like divide your settlement structures into "Week A" and "Week B" and alternate which group runs at +5 .
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bob already gave you the "all +5" average:

Bob
Eventually, a settlement running all +5 S/M/L structures would be spending more like 1475 of every bulk resource (average across all 5 bulk resources) and 24 silver coin each week.

As far as running lvl 20 with a +0 keep (which limits all other buildings to +0) he has stated that as well:

Bob
…. a settlement that just wanted to have support at level 20 but only had a +0 keep (the bare minimum) would wind up paying a grand total of about 700 of each bulk resource (less than the current 756) and about 11.5 silver coins each week.

TL&DR
…. 700 of each bulk a week gets you level 20 support but very low level training/facilities. If you want to go to the other extreme and get level 20 training/facility on everything 24/7 (equivalent to a current level 20 settlement) you will need to find 1475 of every resource a week instead.
Interesting as I had thought that was a set of game-able results that GW was most interested in avoiding for many reasons…

I didn't grasp the info very well when I read it, apparently.
Flari-Merchant
I suppose one thing that puzzles me is the knowledge that one or very few settlements could easily provide all needed training to 20 for the entire server. The incentive, in a case like or similar to that outcome, does not encourage the server to strive for their own +5 buildings or to live where those building are.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post