Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Taxation and Fees

Bob
I'll be posting separate threads about Development Indexes, Structure Upgrades, Structure/Settlement Upkeep, and Taxation and Fees to go over our current thoughts on implementing these for EE 15. Here's what we're thinking about for Taxation and Fees:

To help pay for upkeep, settlements can set the following taxes/fees (with different rates for settlement members, allies, and unallied characters), the proceeds of which will go into the Settlement Upkeep vault:

• Sales Taxes: Works like the Sales Fee on Auction Purchases and comes out of the seller's profits. The tax rate for each offer is set when the items are put up for auction, and is added on top of the Sales Fee. Can be set from 0-100% (default/NPC rate is 5%, default company member rate is 3%).
  • Training Taxes: A percentage of the coin cost for training a feat. Can be set from 0-200% (default/NPC rate is 20%, default company member rate is 12%).
  • Crafting Fees: A coin cost based on base crafting time. Can be set at 0, or at 1 cp per 100-1,000,000 seconds (default/NPC rate is 1 cp per 1800 seconds, default company member rate is 1 cp per 3200 seconds).
  • Mule Fees: A coin cost based on Tier/Upgrade of mule (T1 starts at 1, T2 at 7 and T3 at 13, add 1 for each upgrade). Can be set at 0-100 per Tier/Upgrade value (default/NPC rate is 10 cp per Tier/Upgrade, default company member rate is 6 cp per Tier/Upgrade).

Reasonable taxes and fees will be added to the NPC towns so player settlements aren't competing with a free alternative.

Post your feedback here for discussion, and I'll make adjustments to this post with any changes that arise from discussion, or that turn up during implementation.

Edit 1: Added info on default/NPC tax rates. Corrected max sales tax from 10% to 100%.
Flari-Merchant
Very granular. Very cool. Thank you! smile

Edit: I am a little surprised that there isn't some taxation right as players pick coin off of mobs. Thinking it over, I can see how that could get really messy in many ways.
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Very granular. Very cool. Thank you! smile

Edit: I am a little surprised that there isn't some taxation right as players pick coin off of mobs. Thinking it over, I can see how that could get really messy in many ways.

We considered something along those lines, but you're right that it gets messy quickly. We'll keep thinking about it, but anything that takes place outside the settlement hex, or is an interaction without a UI where we can easily warn player's about the current tax rates, is problematic.
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, this looks good, but it would be much more useful with a true whitelist function smile Is it possible to squeeze that in as well?
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Stilachio Thrax
Bob, this looks good, but it would be much more useful with a true whitelist function smile Is it possible to squeeze that in as well?

Possibly. It's already on the list of things to consider for EE 15, and you make a valid point about its relation to taxation and fees. Just might push it over the edge in terms of priorities.
NightmareSr
Is there a reason that NPC settlements are at "reasonable" tax rates, instead of the max taxation?
Auction House sales tax for example:
Most Settlements have set this tax at or near zero for Settlement Companies (but they still have a 5% editable). Then most have set Allied companies near the midpoint of the 0-10% range, which mean the 5%+5% is exactly the same as NPC sales tax. Then when a Settlement sets a higher sales tax to non-allies (which only makes sense), it becomes more expensive to sell in their AH instead of NPCs.
I personally hate the 5% sales tax minimum (coin sink) due to the fact that it encourages us all to do individual trades outside of the AHs. However if the 5% remains in NPC AHs, then each Settlement really gets to set a range of 0-5% instead of the 0-10% due to competition with NPC AHs.
I'm not sure if this has much effect on the current economy since the population is still low, but if the player base grows then this will certainly be an issue for the in game economy.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
I set Talonguard's Taxes Very Low for the Auction House at the Moment with All three being Below 8%.
Heck Everything is Low Tax (Under 8% Confirmed) in Talonguard and Corbenik even for Outsiders.
Even crafting items is cheap, 1 copper for 12 hours of crafting for Outsiders, and 1 copper for a day and a half for Allies.

Now once the Keep is upgraded, I'll need to increase the taxes some (like 2%) and that'll be it.

Only blacklisted; settlements, companies and players get no tax cause they can't do anything in Town to begin with.
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
I set Talonguard's Taxes Very Low for the Auction House at the Moment with All three being Below 8%.
Heck Everything is Low Tax (Under 8% Confirmed) in Talonguard and Corbenik even for Outsiders.
Even crafting items is cheap, 1 copper for 12 hours of crafting for Outsiders, and 1 copper for a day and a half for Allies.

Now once the Keep is upgraded, I'll need to increase the taxes some (like 2%) and that'll be it.

Only blacklisted; settlements, companies and players get no tax cause they can't do anything in Town to begin with.
Well thanks for confirming that. Caer Coedwig is the highest sales tax I have seen for me currently, so it might make sense for me to haul stuff over to Talonguard or Corbenik for sale instead. smile
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Azure_Zero
Talonguard is the Crafting and Market of Keepers of the High Covenant,
Corbenik is the Combat class and support town of Keepers of the High Covenant.
Azure_Zero
NightmareSr
….
I personally hate the 5% sales tax minimum (coin sink) due to the fact that it encourages us all to do individual trades outside of the AHs. However if the 5% remains in NPC AHs, then each Settlement really gets to set a range of 0-5% instead of the 0-10% due to competition with NPC AHs.
….

Actually I believe NPC Auction Houses and Taxes are Higher then 10%
To encourage PC settlement Auction Houses and facilities.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post