Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

New Player Guide: Monster Escalations (WIP)

Schedim
What is the status of escalations currently, I rememebers that is was a lot of back and forth, spreading or not spreading etc etc.
Last time I run one (back in the days) there was a counter (or timer, or both?), but today I tried chewing through some Ripping Goblins just for the fun of grinding a bit. And while killing goblins and an occational Ogre and Goblin dog is a special fun, stealing banners and liberating stolen goods gives some variation … I was wondering after a while, why is I'm doing this, will it just continue spawning zealots forever….
Some NPC with lore for context could perhax be spawned next to Holdings and out posts in adjecent hexes … Perhaphs some kind of status indicator (if there IS a status) of the escalation would be nice, why is it gone?
I peeked at some other escaltion/home hexes in the neighbourhood and those looked the same informationwise.
The only one I seen some structure in is the tutorial escalation , and I think I may have broken that.
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
Bob
Escalations aren't currently spreading. You can see their current strength in the Objectives Window, and the boss comes out when the strength hits 500. Killing a random escalation mob makes the strength go down based on how tough that mob was. Killing a named event mob doesn't immediately lower the strength, but when the event is completed, the strength goes down by roughly the amount similar mobs would represent plus a bonus for the overall difficulty of the event.

Moving events forward also gives you a small chance (based on difficulty) of getting an Aeon Stone. The events generally show counters representing your progress toward completing the event. New events keep getting generated, though they may be repeats of the previous ones. Some escalations have multiple stages, where the mobs get tougher as the stages progress, and in those cases the available events may be different at each stage.

All the lore for the escalations is in the Objectives Window (upper-right, represented by the up-arrow, may need to open it by clicking on the arrow icon if it's closed) , but is admittedly kept pretty short. It's also only available once you're fully inside the monster hex (check Current Hex on the map) and if an escalation is running.
Schedim
Thanks Bob!

Totes missed the Objectives Windows, must really check that out!
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
Schedim
I did an escalation run yesterday, and it was much more fun when you got some feedback on your actions! The Objective Windows Icon was very discrete and could perhaps be made to stand out a tiny bit more
NightmareSr
I think the tutorial for escalations specifically calls attention to the window.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post