Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Finding Additional Revenue

Flari-Merchant
My support of it is about multiplying the customer base. There are so many games out there, developed with 10's of millions of dollars and huge staffs, which offer grandiose sets of developed features, eye candy, polished visual/sound effects, etc… where I can have LOTS more characters and explore LOTS more content because of that.

Why am I here instead? Because this game has my group of game buddies in it, this game is HARD and I like that, this game just has SOMETHING even if it just potential, this game has a really great community. Finally, honestly, I can BE SOMBODY in a small game like this, or at least FEEL like I am somebody that matters.

But I am an edge case, niche weirdo. There are not many like me. I am thinking that a lower price or more characters per account might help multiply the player base of those willing to pay a premium price for a game that is far from finished. I would definitely say though, think carefully and do diligent research before anything like these suggestions are put into affect. They may make little or no progress, after all, and you can always lower price/add value but its not so easy to raise prices…

PS one of the top 10 "negative feedback comments" (in my experience) from new players is that one character is not enough.
harneloot
Flari-Merchant
My support of it is about multiplying the customer base. There are so many games out there, developed with 10's of millions of dollars and huge staffs, which offer grandiose sets of developed features, eye candy, polished visual/sound effects, etc… where I can have LOTS more characters and explore LOTS more content because of that.

Why am I here instead? Because this game has my group of game buddies in it, this game is HARD and I like that, this game just has SOMETHING even if it just potential, this game has a really great community. Finally, honestly, I can BE SOMBODY in a small game like this, or at least FEEL like I am somebody that matters.

But I am an edge case, niche weirdo. There are not many like me. I am thinking that a lower price or more characters per account might help multiply the player base of those willing to pay a premium price for a game that is far from finished. I would definitely say though, think carefully and do diligent research before anything like these suggestions are put into affect. They may make little or no progress, after all, and you can always lower price/add value but its not so easy to raise prices…

PS one of the top 10 "negative feedback comments" (in my experience) from new players is that one character is not enough.

+1
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Flari-Merchant
I should add that I don't think adding characters able to auto earn xp to an account would harm GW's bottom line. It may alter the economic balance in-game as there would be a bit more possible gathering/refining/crafter toons, which could be bad or good, but I think it is the best bet for increasing value to a subscription without raising the costs to play a "work in progress".
Iram Thelbane
+1

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post