Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Faction Loss

DTaccount1
Cheatle and I were killing ourselves as part of testing. I had a shortbow. I shot him once or twice out of boredom, between bleedouts. I had 7500 reputation.
I'm looking at my character sheet to see how much faction I lost for shooting him, and it starts ticking down from 7500 to 4416, to 836, to minus 3316, to -7500, just tick tick tick to the bottom, and I was watching my sheet, doing nothing.

I shot myself dead 3 or 4 more times, suddenly guard deathroll.

Eventually they got bored and I made it out of town.

Seems … off.
Jazzlvraz
I went from 5500 Reputation to less than -7500 by accidentally attacking–and not killing–only two characters. It's just that fast, at present, and you've likely seen how concerned Bluddwolf and others are about it. At least in the next build the minimum Reputation will be -7500 :-).

I'm stunned the guards "got bored", as I thought they'd keep attacking you as long as you were in range, and low-Rep.
TheGoodfellow
The only reason bludd and us are upset and concerned about this is we built our whole company and character concepts around PVP with the knowledge that PVP is one of the founding pillars of PFO, and to see it launch EE without ANY sort of supported PVP feels like we were lied to. We know WoT is coming and such but it is disappointing that it has to be SO brutal that PVP doesn't exist without screwing a character for X days/weeks for killing 1 or 2 people. We know GW wants to minimize RPK and such, but without a means to perform desired PVP (like feuds and wars) what are we to do? In order to play our characters and desired role within the PFO world, we might as well log in, creat characters, and log off until it is implemented, putting us at a great disadvantage in gear and achievements needed to spend the exp we are gaining.

That is the issue with rep currently. I understand GW wants to be brutal vs RPK, but until desired PVP is implemented, they need to ease up or delay EE. IMHO
JoJampa
Hmmm … not sure "lied" is the correct word .. it is one of those "big red button" words … Definitely can see how expectations not being met are disappointing, but GW has been straight up with the community about getting to MVP as quickly as possible. All of us have to adjust expectations to fit what GW has determined is MVP. I have a whole laundry list of items that I'd like to see at EE and some of them are very important to me, and GW has stated that some might make it and others definitely will not .. so it is simple .. can I enjoy the game with MVP features or do I wait till later in EE or even OE ..
Jazzlvraz
Reputation returns at 12 in-game seconds per point; after today's patch the minimum Reputation will be -7500, rather than "something lower than that". One can thus go from -7500 to 7500 in 50 in-game hours.

The game also doesn't log one out for inactivity, so it's possible to just find a safe place and stand there while recovering. That doesn't help the UnNamed Company very much, but it does at least allow some possibility of being able to test things over the weekend, and then spend a couple of work-days recovering, while Goblinworks plays with the Reputation system some more.
SDShannonS
TheGoodfellow
In order to play our characters and desired role within the PFO world, we might as well log in, creat characters, and log off until it is implemented, putting us at a great disadvantage in gear and achievements needed to spend the exp we are gaining.
So you're saying that you may, just like many others, choose to wait to play the game until certain desired features have been fully implemented. If that's your choice then I support you. At the same time, don't try to pretend you were never told that might be a possibility. That is part and parcel of being an early adopter.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP 1
32 GB RAM
Dual Crossfire'd AMD Radeon R9 200 video cards
DTaccount1
I am back up o -6096 rep now
DTaccount1
My problem is, this can be exploited.

If a group, 'attacks', with only 1/2 of them actually hitting the targets and the rest of the group hit themselves; then the targets see 6 red dots running around them on the minimap, and they are taking damage.
They have no way of knowing 1/2 of those names will trash their rep.
Jazzlvraz
I don't see how that's the case. When one hits oneself, one gains the Aggressor flag; to my understanding, that allows one to be attacked Rep-free.
DTaccount1
Read my OP again, that is exactly how I lost 15k rep with a couple arrows.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post