Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Demotion of unsubscribed characters

Maxen
Bob,

Obviously up for discussion among the active player base, but I would like to recommend that all characters attached to unsubscribed accounts have their company rank demoted to the lowest rank, or at least to Craftsman if they are an Officer or Leader. I am sure every active company has players in leadership positions who have not logged in months or even years. Frankly, I don't even recognize the names anymore.

However, as settlement warfare comes on line, I want to ensure that those in leadership positions can be trusted given their access to company and settlement vaults. While I see no reason not to do this (they are not being kicked from the company and they will still have access to personal belongings should they return), what say we all?

Maxen
Edam
There are a few companies kicking about with active players but none of them are leaders. You will need a way around the situation where you end up with permanently leaderless companies with no mechanic for creating a new leader.
Maxen
Edam
There are a few companies kicking about with active players but none of them are leaders. You will need a way around the situation where you end up with permanently leaderless companies with no mechanic for creating a new leader.

That should be remedied as well. If there are active players playing for the benefit of a company, through mutual agreement, at least one of them should be promoted to a leadership position.
Flari-Merchant
/bobpromote

/bobdemote

All for it
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Giorgio
In agreement with Maxen.

If you haven't logged into play in over x amount of time, your leadership position should go down. I have companies with Officers and Leaders who I know haven't played in a long time, and I suspect some of those accounts have been sold to other people (who can access the vaults and clear everything out if they wanted to).

Currently the only way to deal with this is restrict the vault permissions for banner company leadership (which penalizes those leadership layers who are actually playing), kicking out the whole company, tearing down all its holdings/outposts and having to build new companies from scratch from the very, very, very few people that are playing. These are not good options…
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Stilachio Thrax
I agree, after a certain time period of inactivity, leaders should be demoted for all the reasons listed in the above posts.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
This is something we do want to look into at some point, but it's going to take a lot of design thought to get it right (there are a lot of edge cases in things like this), and anything we decide to do will have to be rolled out very carefully to make sure everyone got appropriate warning that their leadership is at risk.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
This is something we do want to look into at some point, but it's going to take a lot of design thought to get it right (there are a lot of edge cases in things like this), and anything we decide to do will have to be rolled out very carefully to make sure everyone got appropriate warning that their leadership is at risk.
Sorry Bob but I disagree. I understand that many settlements and companies got themselves into this situation but it is a miracle, with all of the accounts which have been bought and sold, that there has not been a tragic "vault looting" or "settlement wrecking" situation (that is public knowledge) yet.

At the very least can we contact you with petitions to cut off access to unsubscribed characters/companies/etc.. to fix dangerous access weaknesses?
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Apyx
I'm all for demoting unsubscribed characters but i'm not as certain about demoting inactive but subscribed characters if that will cause a change in Settlement ownership.
Edam
Apyx
I'm all for demoting unsubscribed characters but i'm not as certain about demoting inactive but subscribed characters if that will cause a change in Settlement ownership.

Demoting subbed characters would be risky. I know of quite a few cases of inactive "characters" where the player is active but there is just no need to log that particular character in. The character might be a non-xp earning alt specifically promoted to leader to give backup access to settlement or holding vaults or is used to watch over a remote auction house or is just accumulating XP while the player uses other characters (many archers were "retired" in this way in the past).

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post