Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

"Find Your Path" Quest

Edam
Bob
Bringslite
One further thought that I had almost forgotten: When you are sending the player to a "Player run Settlement" with the idea to train one or more skills and get next destination, isn't that kind of a roll of the dice for that player? A player settlement could be closed to them through lists, "shut down" or simply not have the buildings that offer the training.

Questers already have enough running to do don't they? Might be better, for "training tasks" to always send them to an NPC Sett. Or maybe "instruct" to ask in Gen Chat to be sure there is a nearby Sett with the buildings they need?

I tried to only send questers to player settlements when those feat ranks aren't available at NPC settlements. Ideally we'd have some in-game ways for players to see which player settlements would work for them, but for now giving them some advice on finding one is a good idea. I'll file a bug report to look into that.
Or get rid of the lazy option of white lists and "allies only" altogether smile

I am aware that people like white lists as it lets them block people they are in dispute with without having to track down all their alts and companies individually however they are a real PITA for new players.
Flari-Merchant
Edam
harneloot
I spent 3+ hours over two days this weekend trying to find *magic using skeletons* in the Skeletal Uprising Home hex where the Finding Your Path quests sends you. I tried both simply running through every group on the map to see which ones attacked with spells (which didn't work - there was only a single skeletal caster in the whole hex) as well as killing every skeleton I came across. I finally found and killed 5, but not until I would have become very frustrated as a new player. Maybe 3 would be a better number since they seems so rare?

My hunch is the skeletal mages only appear when the home hex escalation has dropped in percentage. Problem being, that is a very good hex for running gushers and people keep killing off the home hex boss to reset the escalation thereby making running gushers easier smile

Overall, the main complaint i have heard concerns the continual running home to TK to hand in the quest and get the new quest. Something easily solved. Simply have the initial quest giver send you to talk to someone in a nearby town who gives you the local quest and when you report back to them sends you to the next location.
For the most part you are sent to local quests. A few LONG range runs to quests are in there but you are not sent all the way back to TK between each quest.

All of the first 1/2 or so are with in one or two hexes of TK.

P.S. Finding skeletal mages is nothing but frustration. Especially since it is the task right after one of the really LONG runs of the quest line. Notice that no one is complaining about the scarcity of any other Mob-kill-task for this Mega Quest.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
Edam
Bob
Bringslite
One further thought that I had almost forgotten: When you are sending the player to a "Player run Settlement" with the idea to train one or more skills and get next destination, isn't that kind of a roll of the dice for that player? A player settlement could be closed to them through lists, "shut down" or simply not have the buildings that offer the training.

Questers already have enough running to do don't they? Might be better, for "training tasks" to always send them to an NPC Sett. Or maybe "instruct" to ask in Gen Chat to be sure there is a nearby Sett with the buildings they need?

I tried to only send questers to player settlements when those feat ranks aren't available at NPC settlements. Ideally we'd have some in-game ways for players to see which player settlements would work for them, but for now giving them some advice on finding one is a good idea. I'll file a bug report to look into that.
Or get rid of the lazy option of white lists and "allies only" altogether smile

I am aware that people like white lists as it lets them block people they are in dispute with without having to track down all their alts and companies individually however they are a real PITA for new players.
They don't have to be PITAs for new players that are not affiliated with a group that another feels is "unsavory". Any settlement that builds and supports it's own buildings should definitely have the option of deciding who trains there. Blacklisting alone can serve that, though. A problem with "unaffiliated" is that I can drop group and pay a little extra coin for the skill levels that are not currently supported by my circumstances.
I think that some groups have been accidentally lumped into "Unaffiliated" is the same as "blacklisted" as happened with Staalgard. That can be fixed. Cleaning out a large blacklist of individual players is the real PITA in the room.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Stilachio Thrax
Edam

When you walk into someone else's home, it is common courtesy to ask if you can have a glass of water before grabbing a bottle out of the refrigerator. This is an MMO that stresses the need to be social (in the form of settlements) to advance- new players should be encouraged to talk to the people in player settlements. That is the only way they are going to advance in the future.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bob
Edam
harneloot
I spent 3+ hours over two days this weekend trying to find *magic using skeletons* in the Skeletal Uprising Home hex where the Finding Your Path quests sends you. I tried both simply running through every group on the map to see which ones attacked with spells (which didn't work - there was only a single skeletal caster in the whole hex) as well as killing every skeleton I came across. I finally found and killed 5, but not until I would have become very frustrated as a new player. Maybe 3 would be a better number since they seems so rare?

My hunch is the skeletal mages only appear when the home hex escalation has dropped in percentage. Problem being, that is a very good hex for running gushers and people keep killing off the home hex boss to reset the escalation thereby making running gushers easier smile

I did a little more research and the issue is that during the first two phases of the escalation, as well as the fallow phase, skeletal wizards only appear in small numbers at very large encounters. In the later phases they start to appear in uneven and 5m encounters, and at fairly reasonable rates. I'll change things around a bit so that they also appear in the smaller encounters during those easier phases.
Bringslite
Bob
Bringslite

I had not put that together. If you end up with in game info about player settlements, my concern is pretty much voided.
Thx
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post