Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The Seneschal Issue

Flari-Merchant
Thanks Bob and Lisa. I sometimes forget that my group is looking at getting 3 settlements to 20 for starters. That there are "Support Mitigators" like the 1/2 way thing. Also that you are planning to ease the transition in some fashion.

I am a fan of Azoth and even though I think that it should be within reach to build a Keep without Azoth, I also realize that 2-3 person settlements should probably realize that regular crafting buildings(while possible) is only realistic with some kind of boost.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Lisa Stevens
Flari-Merchant
I am a fan of Azoth and even though I think that it should be within reach to build a Keep without Azoth, I also realize that 2-3 person settlements should probably realize that regular crafting buildings(while possible) is only realistic with some kind of boost.

You can make a +5 Keep without Azoth. It just takes a LOT more gathering of raw materials. We put Azoth in the game in order to ease the burden of making higher plus things. Btw, just for reference, the cost for the Azoth to make the +5 Keep in my example is $8.60 if you buy it at the 19 Box level. Not too bad for a pivotal building in your settlement.

-Lisa
Flari-Merchant
Lisa Stevens
Flari-Merchant

You can make a +5 Keep without Azoth. It just takes a LOT more gathering of raw materials. We put Azoth in the game in order to ease the burden of making higher plus things. Btw, just for reference, the cost for the Azoth to make the +5 Keep in my example is $8.60 if you buy it at the 19 Box level. Not too bad for a pivotal building in your settlement.

-Lisa

I know that I am just a 1/2 pea in a 5 gallon pot of the green stuff but think how much Azoth might flow around if we could list player gathered and crafted stuff or bid for things with Azoth through the AH? smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Stilachio Thrax
Flari-Merchant
I know that I am just a 1/2 pea in a 5 gallon pot of the green stuff but think how much Azoth might flow around if we could list player gathered and crafted stuff or bid for things with Azoth through the AH? smile

I'd be very leary of this. It is good from Paizo's standpoint as it would encourage Azoth purchases. However, in every game I've ever played that allowed a real $ premium currency to be used in an auction house, the exact same thing happened- anything of value, and even things of value, are only listed as buy with premium currency (Azoth). Everyone wants the premium currency, and no one wants the regular currency. In the end, you are practically forced to buy the premium currency to buy anything from the AH.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Flari-Merchant
Stilachio Thrax
Flari-Merchant

I'd be very leary of this. It is good from Paizo's standpoint as it would encourage Azoth purchases. However, in every game I've ever played that allowed a real $ premium currency to be used in an auction house, the exact same thing happened- anything of value, and even things of value, are only listed as buy with premium currency (Azoth). Everyone wants the premium currency, and no one wants the regular currency. In the end, you are practically forced to buy the premium currency to buy anything from the AH.
Always be cautious! However Azoth is MORE stable than in game coin ever will be. It is already tradable. If 1650 azoth = 1 month's subscription and remains so, it will always be more stable than coin. The value of items that players value at LESS THAN 1 AZOTH keep coin necessary for transactions which players value at less 1/1650th of a month's subscription. There are VERY Many such transactions every day.

Just never let items be sold in "bundles" on the AH and the need for copper coins never goes away.

PfO needs an increased revenue stream. You sometimes need to think outside the box. Outside the established "norms" of "old grognard standards" that first came along because overly greedy game companies made everyone shy about in game stores, micro transactions, pay-to-win economies… all that crap that STILL goes on. Skirt that line and push that envelope. Since Azoth is already tradable NOW, this game is already there. You can already buy Azoth with real cash and sell it for in game currency. Just make it a lil more convenient for players. Just don't push it over the edge.

Always keep that connection between player effort to create items/game coin between the "RL cash/Azoth" and you won't cross the boundry of pay-to-win.
uotopia@msn.com
harneloot
I already pay to play the game…paying more to make settlement buildings to support the characters I have already spent hundreds of dollars on is insulting, as it would be if things started being priced in azoth on the AHs.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Flari-Merchant
@ Stilachio and @ Xyzzy

I do understand where you are coming from and I do respect your outlooks on the issue. I even agree that you have valid feelings about it.

Not everyone feels the same and there should probably be ways for players with less time to get things done through azoth BUT I agree these things should also ALWAYS be doable by players with effort and willingness to invest more time.
uotopia@msn.com
Maxen
harneloot
I already pay to play the game…paying more to make settlement buildings to support the characters I have already spent hundreds of dollars on is insulting, as it would be if things started being priced in azoth on the AHs.

I agree. I’m still smarting from the fact that I paid $400 for two small holdings that are now half as valuable AND I have to pay in game coin to keep them standing.
Edam
Assuming we are not talking orphan settlements here with one maybe two active players left, the option to pay less than $10 as a group and save what may be a hundred hours or more gathering per building is a tempting one. Keepers pretty much have the mats for our +5 keep without azoth, but most likely will go the azoth route and save all our +5s for gateways.

I concede that one or two players paying personally $10 for every +5 building may get expensive, however they probably should be grateful that a single active player is capable of upgrading to all +5 buildings at all. Maintaining an active high level settlement is meant to be hard even for a group (originally it was suggested you would need a kingdom with 100s or 1000s of players) never-lone a single player.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post