Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Easing into Structure Upgrades

Bob
Here's a proposal for easing settlements into the need to have +5 structures to support training/crafting that they currently have available based purely on their settlement level upkeep:

When structure upgrades are initially made available on Live, the Trainer Level and Facility Rating for each structure will be the greater of:

• The Trainer Level and Facility Rating listed in the spreadsheet for that structure at that upgrade.
  • The Trainer Level and Facility Rating listed in the spreadsheet for a settlement at that structure's Adjusted Settlement Level. The Adjusted Settlement Level is calculated by taking the current Settlement Level, adding double the plus value of the current structure, subtracting 3, then subtracting the number of months since upgrades became available (starting at zero), with a maximum of 20 and a minimum of 9.

Effectively, this means the following:

• Month 0: Only +2 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 19 or above.
  • Month 1: Only +2 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 20.
  • Month 2: Only +3 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 19 or above.
  • Month 3: Only +3 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 20.
  • Month 4: Only +4 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 19 or above.
  • Month 5: Only +4 and above structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, provided the actual settlement level is 20.
  • Month 6: Only +5 structures can operate like they did at settlement level 20, and do so regardless of settlement levels. Other structures can still get small bonuses if the settlement is running at a high enough level, though at most the equivalent of half an upgrade.
  • Month 7: From this point forward, structures operate according to their individual upgrade settings, regardless of settlement level.

Support would still come purely from Settlement Level, so although higher structure upgrades can operate at very high levels even with a lower Settlement Level for a while, settlement members wouldn't have full support and would have to pay surcharges for training, keeping that from being overly advantageous.

Comments/Questions?

Edit 1: Removed the implication that there might be settlement levels above 20.
Edit 2: Cleaned up the text for months 6 and 7 to make it clearer that settlement level 20 isn't required at that point for +5 structures to operate at their maximum settings.
Edam
"provided the actual settlement level is 20 or above"

Is the "above" there a typo or will we eventually be able to have settlement levels above 20 ?
Bob
Edam

Is the "above" there a typo or will we eventually be able to have settlement levels above 20 ?

Good catch. Just a copy/paste typo, now fixed.
Flari-Merchant
Bob
Edam

Good catch. Just a copy/paste typo, now fixed.
Darnn it! I'm ready for T4!
Flari-Merchant
Thanks Bob. This really helps take the pressure off the play-time, making it seem more like it isn't necessary to be 100% focused on gathering, gathering and gathering when logged in. For myself anyway. smile

Are there firm numbers for the totals for upkeeps at various settlement levels yet?
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Are there firm numbers for the totals for upkeeps at various settlement levels yet?

Not yet. My plan is to make the numbers for Settlement Level 20 slightly less than the upkeep cost for a full suite of S/M/L structures at +5 (assuming even usage of all bulk resources) and work my way down from there, but I still have to do all the math. Based on my very quick initial calculations, it looked like that meant roughly double the current upkeep numbers.
Flari-Merchant
So each settlement that wants to maintain 20 will need roughly 12.5 perfect 800 hex +3holding sets or some combination that equals 1512 of each type of Bulk coming in weekly? Edit: Oops, that plus whatever it takes to upkeep those holdings which is… 29 Bulk daily or 203 more weekly, each holding

Honestly not sure if that is "crazy a lot" or barely doable or fairly easy. I'll have to look about and see. Thanks for the numbers, Sir. smile
Edam
OK .. so some questions to clarify my understanding.

Currently the game "rounds up" the average of our personal trained level and settlement support level to get our actual support level. I believe this rounding up system was introduced to allow people to maintain a degree of skills trained even when out of settlement or attached to a low level settlement.

Hence Keepers maintains level 19 unless specific characters need level 20 training as maintaining the settlement at level 20 during weeks where no-one is training level 20 feats only gives you slightly faster crafting while costing about 1000 bulk a week.

Questions:
  1. Will this system continue with the new settlement mechanics? Will settlement level 19 continue to be "good enough" for level 20 character support ?
  2. From month 7 onwards it appears you need BOTH settlement level 20 that week and the relevant structure at +5 that week to get level 20 training and level 20 queue times for that week. Is that correct?
Bob
Edam
Will this system continue with the new settlement mechanics? Will settlement level 19 continue to be "good enough" for level 20 character support ?

We're not planning any changes to the overall support mechanics any time soon, including the rounding component, so you can continue to use settlement level 19 to get almost exactly the same feat support as you get for settlement level 20.

Edam
From month 7 onwards it appears you need BOTH settlement level 20 that week and the relevant structure at +5 that week to get level 20 training and level 20 queue times for that week. Is that correct?

If the trainer levels and facility ratings from the structure itself are better than what the Adjusted Settlement Level (or for that matter the actual Settlement Level) would provide, then you get whatever the structure provides, so the Settlement Level won't drag you down. I'll clean up and/or remove the "provided the actual settlement level" phrases in the last two months to clarify that.
Edam
OK make sense .. so let me see if i have this right. ….

Assuming:
- a settlement puts down one +3 structure and runs it at +3 in month #1 (the rest of the structures are low or missing)
- the current actual settlement level is 10 that week

Then the "Adjusted Settlement Level" for that one +3 structure will be the current Settlement Level of 10 plus 6 more for double "structure plus", less the 3, which give a interim result of 10+6-3=13. We then subtract 1 for being month 1 and get an "Adjusted Settlement Level" of 12 meaning our +3 structure will train and have a facility rating equivalent to a level 12 settlement?

*** Edited to be a more realistic example to avoid irrelevant arguments

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post