Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Buying in Thornkeep

RichClark
Good point - but I like to have it available when someone puts a lot of stuff in for sale.
You are a Troll
Edam
RichClark
When I had bids on everything I needed in reasonable quantities - I had about a platinum invested - i.e. pre-spent waiting for someone.

My last set of T1/T2 bids at Keepers cost me about three and a half platinum. But its not as if the money earns interest sitting in the bank, you may as well put it to use.

This is the kinds of wealth I am referring to that the AA have that is nigh insurmountable. Add in the 1,000,000+ bulk and this game needs a wipe desperately when OE is ready.
NightmareSr
You are a Troll
Edam
RichClark
When I had bids on everything I needed in reasonable quantities - I had about a platinum invested - i.e. pre-spent waiting for someone.

My last set of T1/T2 bids at Keepers cost me about three and a half platinum. But its not as if the money earns interest sitting in the bank, you may as well put it to use.

This is the kinds of wealth I am referring to that the AA have that is nigh insurmountable. Add in the 1,000,000+ bulk and this game needs a wipe desperately when OE is ready.
Please do not wipe it when OE happens.
Being a new player I am never worried about coin since I can always gather a few things and sell to you older players for nice high prices. It is great when just starting to gather some wool and sell it right away in TK.
Plus with Maker buying iron ore at 75c and coal at 80c a new player can quickly gather some iron north of TK and sell it then buy some cool weapon and try it directly.
If new players can't fill these orders then they will just be discouraged fast seeing some cool axe or hammer in the AH but be able to buy it.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
Bringslite
Congrats on building a nice AH, Rich and any/all helpers! smile

A few to 20 plat really isn't much at all. A new set of T3 armor should be costing around a pp. on any reasonable market. Any merchant worth his salt will always need that kind of ready coin at hand to invest in what becomes available (mats wise) as well as what he needs specifically.

The problem is the population is too low for the economy to work right. More people playing, more cause for conflict, more coin will move around. It will just happen.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Schedim
Bringslite
The problem is the population is too low for the economy to work right. More people playing, more cause for conflict, more coin will move around. It will just happen.

I think the "old rich" would have been a problem if they where as many as they where back in the day, now if this game is going to survive (at least break even so Pazio keeps it around) it needs ten thousand players and in that environment a couple of dozen ultra-rich is good to have as seed money. The established settlements are going to have a huge advantage in the upkeep situation compared to the eventual new villages, but if they are going to survive the influx of new players they will have to spend like heck to attract people to defend their privileged place otherwise they will be a tasty goose sitting there waiting to get Sieged (probably funded under the table by some other ultra rich).
In the end I think it will average out, and as long as there is plenty of room for new people to move in and the ultra-rich don't acts as gatekeeper I think it will be fine.

But some days I think a wipe is the only way to get this working, so I'm entirely sure. I guess it comes down to how easy it is to redistribute the wealth. perhaps it should be an mechanism to steal of the excessively rich? If a outpost/Vault/whatever is literally bursting with stuff perhaps a Rogue could be able to siphon of a bit of it? Could also be a NPC thing, having the Bandits appear in hexes with "too much" and around very rich settlements and affecting the generation of Bulk. (that the NPC enemies don't affect the world in any way other being targets for idle murder sprees is a big failing in my opinion). I think the Bandits (etc) should steal Bulk and hide (with some loss of course) it in Treasure chests that could be found (perhaps with maps/quests handed out at the Vault).
Schedim: Peddler and dealer in stuff easily transported, restless wandering the land of the River. Trying to find out how to reawaken the cult of Hanspur. To realise this ambition I created the company named Rats of Hanspur.
You can reach me on: pfo.schedim@gmail.com
RichClark
The question I would have, is what gets wiped?

Do they take the materials in my vault. The products that I made in my stores. All my experience. The clothes off my back.

Bob - if you guys plan a wipe - please let us know and let's discuss what will be taken.

Maker (Rich Clark)
Suave
Bringslite
Congrats on building a nice AH, Rich and any/all helpers! smile

A few to 20 plat really isn't much at all. A new set of T3 armor should be costing around a pp. on any reasonable market. Any merchant worth his salt will always need that kind of ready coin at hand to invest in what becomes available (mats wise) as well as what he needs specifically.

+1
Suave
RichClark
The question I would have, is what gets wiped?

Do they take the materials in my vault. The products that I made in my stores. All my experience. The clothes off my back.

Bob - if you guys plan a wipe - please let us know and let's discuss what will be taken.

Maker (Rich Clark)

As far as I know, only Trolls are mentioning a wipe on the forums, nobody that works on the game discuss having one.
Bob
RichClark

We aren't planning a wipe. Our general preference is to deal with any issues where long-time veterans have too much of an advantage over new players in ways that will take care of such issues in the long-run, so we won't just wind up with future players complaining about the OE Elite. smile
NightmareSr
Bob
RichClark

We aren't planning a wipe. Our general preference is to deal with any issues where long-time veterans have too much of an advantage over new players in ways that will take care of such issues in the long-run, so we won't just wind up with future players complaining about the OE Elite. smile
Thanks for the response Bob. There could be lots of ways to address veteran advantage and glad you are not planning a wipe.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post