Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

For Lack of an Auction House

Flari-Merchant
@ Bob
Would you be able to get in a simple notification of buys/sells or a remote viewing feature to see these new AHs along with the introduction of this?

It might go down a bit easier if we could see these locations if you think that having many more about the map really is better. One of the main objections is having lots of extra places to run to and check if they are supposed to be loot and far range gather dumping sites…
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Would you be able to get in a simple notification of buys/sells or a remote viewing feature to see these new AHs along with the introduction of this?

It might go down a bit easier if we could see these locations if you think that having many more about the map really is better. One of the main objections is having lots of extra places to run to and check if they are supposed to be loot and far range gather dumping sites…

Potentially, but those kinds of things would be much more complicated and would turn this into more of a full-blown feature than the relatively quick tweak we were envisioning. However, part of the point of posting this for discussion was to see if things like this had to be done around the same time to make it work, in which case we wouldn't just make the tweak now.
Flari-Merchant
Ok. Just checking. Thank you for responding. smile
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

I know I'm pushing my luck here bugging you so much, but… Would it be possible to just connect the character's "History" tab to all AHs on the server?
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Flari-Merchant
I know I'm pushing my luck here bugging you so much, but… Would it be possible to just connect the character's "History" tab to all AHs on the server?

Good thought, but we actually store the history information on the hex server where the sale was posted and not with the character. As a result, this would involve dealing with issues similar to those for being able to see the bids/sales at other auction houses.
Fult
Fult knows nothing about economy, but Fult would like an engineer to craft a market stall or a cart for Fult. So when Fult comes back in town with loot, Fult can install the stall or the cart in town and sell goods even if Fult goes back fighting. Fult knows stalls not as good as studios because studios always there while stalls are disassembled at the end of the day when Fult is asleep. But Fult likes to think if Fult sees stalls in a city, it means life, colors, and it means people are busy somewhere.

Sure, Fult could move a stall or cart in another city and sell things, but at the end of the day, the goods would have to go in the local vault, so it is only useful in towns with no auction house and Fult would have to go there to reinstall the stall. Lot of work. Better to use auction houses. But it can be fun to say "Hey! Fult will be in your town for a few hours with lot of things to sell. Only today so buy quick quick!"
Flari-Merchant
Fult
Fult knows nothing about economy, but Fult would like an engineer to craft a market stall or a cart for Fult. So when Fult comes back in town with loot, Fult can install the stall or the cart in town and sell goods even if Fult goes back fighting. Fult knows stalls not as good as studios because studios always there while stalls are disassembled at the end of the day when Fult is asleep. But Fult likes to think if Fult sees stalls in a city, it means life, colors, and it means people are busy somewhere.

Sure, Fult could move a stall or cart in another city and sell things, but at the end of the day, the goods would have to go in the local vault, so it is only useful in towns with no auction house and Fult would have to go there to reinstall the stall. Lot of work. Better to use auction houses. But it can be fun to say "Hey! Fult will be in your town for a few hours with lot of things to sell. Only today so buy quick quick!"
That is actually an intriguing idea you have there, Fult. +1
uotopia@msn.com
Fult
Once a year, a trade hub could organize a fair for all refiners and crafters. Good opportunity for bandits, so the city would have to look at the security of the merchants who arrive or depart. Fult suggest a bonfire with roasted mules to celebrate the event.
Harad Navar
Fult
Once a year, a trade hub could organize a fair for all refiners and crafters. Good opportunity for bandits, so the city would have to look at the security of the merchants who arrive or depart. Fult suggest a bonfire with roasted mules to celebrate the event.
+1 and +1 for carts/stalls
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post