Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Holding Taxes

Flari-Merchant
A button to search "stock" would be most effective. That covers all grades AND salvage. Probably a fair bit of manual work to build such a data base, though smile

PS I ask because it would make things more convenient for everyone and the AH much more user friendly. They will figure out quickly how to use it.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Smitty
This has to do with “Holding Taxes” but not in regards to what you were asking..
Something I find frustrating about High security hexes.. It cost the exact same to run High Sec as Low sec..

Please do something to make setting high security more than a preference of play style-

Make it so you can only switch security settings at down time -

have low sec cost 3 less of the primary resource and High sec cost 3 more of the primary resource
So
Low Sec cost less in daily upkeep
Medium sec bulk generation stays the same
High sec cost more in daily upkeep
.. Everyone here loves “meaningful choices” as a reason to do something or not do something - make setting holdings to high sec mean something different than setting it to low security.. ( you are basically stating guards are everywhere in the high security hex so you cant attack - make those guards cost more..)
At the very least - since it takes 2 days of notification to take over territory - make feuds able to be started immediately ( why do we have to wait an hour, anyone you do find is going to be gone or done with a gusher before the feud even starts)-
You are a Troll
+1 for some kind of meaningful choice for Hex Security settings, especially for the High Security choice - it can't simply be free. Smitty's proposal seems fair and balanced to me.
Flari-Merchant
How about it cost coin instead? Either way, the benefits seem worthy of paying for. Edited.
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Smitty
- having it take coins to set high security . ? uggg no !
Holdings deal with bulk resources for operating cost -
The guards come from the bulk being put into the vault or it is shut down for the day- no guards, trainers etc (i.e meaning by default it should shift to low security setting- maybe a reduction for low security is enough to make it run effectively and not get shut down every few days ).

Besides if the cost was coins what would balance the equation for the low security setting? Would hexes placed in low security gain coin everyday and medium hexes would just be 0 coin cost?

The most logical thing in my mind is bulk usage cost- anything else just sounds wonky .
Flari-Merchant
Smitty
- having it take coins to set high security . ? uggg no !
Holdings deal with bulk resources for operating cost -
The guards come from the bulk being put into the vault or it is shut down for the day- no guards, trainers etc (i.e meaning by default it should shift to low security setting- maybe a reduction for low security is enough to make it run effectively and not get shut down every few days ).

Besides if the cost was coins what would balance the equation for the low security setting? Would hexes placed in low security gain coin everyday and medium hexes would just be 0 coin cost?

The most logical thing in my mind is bulk usage cost- anything else just sounds wonky .
Low security should not get anything. What low security is amounts to "open zone" for those that prefer and enjoy PVP. As far as I can tell, this game is wanting to attract the types(mostly) of players that "like PVP" but are willing to go through the process of using feuds to get it. Notice that I wrote "mostly". Your advantage is open free PVP which is a bonus, not something you should earn or gain from.
uotopia@msn.com
Bob
Smitty
Please do something to make setting high security more than a preference of play style-

Make it so you can only switch security settings at down time -

This is already the case, though that may not be obvious. When a holding's security setting is changed, it doesn't actually take effect until after the next downtime (when daily upkeep is paid). When a settlement's security setting is changed, it doesn't actually take effect until the next Monday downtime (when weekly upkeep is paid).

Smitty
have low sec cost 3 less of the primary resource and High sec cost 3 more of the primary resource
So
Low Sec cost less in daily upkeep
Medium sec bulk generation stays the same
High sec cost more in daily upkeep
.. Everyone here loves “meaningful choices” as a reason to do something or not do something - make setting holdings to high sec mean something different than setting it to low security.. ( you are basically stating guards are everywhere in the high security hex so you cant attack - make those guards cost more..)

Something like this could certainly be done. The big question is whether or not having high security is clearly better than having low security, since the protection (or lack thereof) goes to everyone in the hex. Because of that, either is an advantage depending on what you want to do. Higher security means you can't be attacked as easily, but it also makes it harder to prevent others from gathering in your territory. Eventually we want more complicated settings, like guards that protect members and allies only, or rules you can set up about unaffiliated gatherers that make it easier to prevent poaching. At that point, it would be clearer that more security is always helpful to the owners, and thus should cost more coin/resources.

Smitty
At the very least - since it takes 2 days of notification to take over territory - make feuds able to be started immediately ( why do we have to wait an hour, anyone you do find is going to be gone or done with a gusher before the feud even starts)-

For the most part, that's the feud delay doing its job. If a player is in a relatively safe hex and knows there aren't any relevant feuds active or pending, then they can plan accordingly. If feuds become active immediately, then there's no warning and no ability to adjust your plans. That said, an hour may be more than is necessary now that we've got the separate 48-hour delay before capturing becomes active. Certainly worth considering.
Flari-Merchant
Is it worth 25 influence points to surprise a character that believes he is safe in a High Security hex? Not knowing that a feud is incoming or active is the character's fault.

Defeating the entire purpose of those hexes with a 30 sec action is not that character's fault or worth paying for.
uotopia@msn.com
Maxen
I would rather see security cost coin. It would be paid by the taxes collected in that location. After all, isn’t that how it works in real life? I don’t know many security guards who work for a loaf of bread and a cord of wood…well unless we’re talking about some third world country.

Point being, security should be paid a wage. Wages come from taxes. If you have a tax deficit, you have to make up the short fall with a coin deposit to that holding bank. No different than making up a bulk resource shortfall to make sure your holdings don’t go belly up.
You are a Troll
Coin is worthless and meaningless; bulk resource cost would actually force people to make a meaningful choice about hex security level. Saying a *tax* on the security level should be paid in coin is akin to saying you shouldn't have to pay anything at all. Man up.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post