Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 15 Preliminary Release Notes

Maxen
As long as we’re in neutral and idling, I wanted to clarify this part of the T3 weapon requirement change:

Heavy Blade, Light Blade, Hammer and Polearm Proficiency 3 allow STR/DEX 18 and (STR/DEX 20 or WIS 20), as appropriate, to meet their ability requirements.

So, this means you can have these combinations (as appropriate) to meet the requirement:

STR 18 and DEX 20
STR 18 and WIS 20
DEX 18 and STR 20
DEX 18 and WIS 20

Thanks for confirming.

Bob
Maxen
Heavy Blade, Light Blade, Hammer and Polearm Proficiency 3 allow STR/DEX 18 and (STR/DEX 20 or WIS 20), as appropriate, to meet their ability requirements.

So, this means you can have these combinations (as appropriate) to meet the requirement:

STR 18 and DEX 20
STR 18 and WIS 20
DEX 18 and STR 20
DEX 18 and WIS 20

Not quite. Each proficiency only mentions one of either STR or DEX, so if you're using DEX 20 you ignore STR, and if you're using STR 20 you ignore DEX.

To be more explicit, here's the requirements for the specific proficiencies:

Heavy Blade, Hammer and Polearm: STR 18 and (STR 20 or WIS 20), logically equivalent to STR 20 or (STR 18 and WIS 20)
Light Blade: DEX 18 and (DEX 20 or WIS 20), logically equivalent to DEX 20 or (DEX 18 and WIS 20)

To look at it more like your list, here are the combinations that work, some of which aren't so much combinations as just single ability scores:

STR 20 (Heavy Blade, Hammer and Polearm)
STR 18 and WIS 20 (Heavy Blade, Hammer and Polearm)
DEX 20 (Light Blade)
DEX 18 and WIS 20 (Light Blade)

Maxen
Perfect, thanks Bob. Very glad I asked.
Edam
Sooo … just to clarify.

The changes will allow a sanctified attack to be trained at DEX or STR of 18, depending on the attack type, once you have WIS 20?

Traditional attacks on the same weapon however will still need STR or DEX at 20?

For example a WIS 20 STR 18 character will be able to take his Firewhirl (sanctified attack) up to T3/level 6, but will still not be able to train Whirlwind (non-sanctified normal attack) to T3/level 6 until they get STR 20.
Bob
Edam
Sooo … just to clarify.

The changes will allow a sanctified attack to be trained at DEX or STR of 18, depending on the attack type, once you have WIS 20?

Traditional attacks on the same weapon however will still need STR or DEX at 20?

For example a WIS 20 STR 18 character will be able to take his Firewhirl (sanctified attack) up to T3/level 6, but will still not be able to train Whirlwind (non-sanctified normal attack) to T3/level 6 until they get STR 20.

That is ultimately correct, though I only changed the requirements on the Proficiencies, which I did because the related sanctified attacks were already set to STR/DEX 18 and WIS 20 at rank 6. Since they also required the related Proficiency, they wound up requiring STR/DEX 20 unintentionally.
Bob
We've got a new build up and running on our internal servers and I'm testing it thoroughly right now. Several bugs were fixed, and we also took advantage of the additional build to get in taxes at holdings. Many of the fixes didn't require mentions in the Preliminary Release Notes because they just made things already listed work correctly, but I did edit the OP to reflect the new holding taxes, a new start date of May 1 for the settlement level structure bonus calculations, and a quick fix that made mentors accessible at Spellcrafter's Studios.

Assuming this build does well on our internal tests, we still plan to deploy it to Zog this afternoon, and then hopefully to Live after Daily Maintenance on Friday, April 20 at 9-10 AM Pacific.
Flari-Merchant
Congrats Guys! <crosses fingers>

Mentor=Trainer?
Bob
Flari-Merchant
Mentor=Trainer?

Correct. I called them mentors at the player housing to draw a distinction between them and the regular trainers since they don't always offer the same feats as similarly-named trainers.
Bob
The Final Candidate is dead, long live the Final Candidate! The new build is up and running on Zog and everything is looking promising so far. If our luck holds through another day of testing, we'll deploy to Live on Friday.
Flari-Merchant
@ Bob

Question about Fees/Taxes. We will have the tools to set these at certain percentages but even if set at 0%, will there still be existing minimal Fees/Taxes? If so will this be universal for all types of Fees/Taxes, just some, or not at all?

Thank you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post