Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

High sec hexes being low sec during PvP window?

Maxen
Stilachio Thrax
For the record, I believe there should be a coin cost for anything other than Med-Sec (High has to pay guards, Low has to bribe them to stay away).

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Stilachio Thrax
For the record, I believe there should be a coin cost for anything other than Med-Sec (High has to pay guards, Low has to bribe them to stay away).

I can live with that. Maybe bulk may work better but as long as there is some cost to keeping hexes high sec I'll be happy.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
The real problem for all of this is that there simply are not enough players around for these systems to work as they should. There are MANY open PVP hexes across this map. There are just too few players to make searching them for victims opponents to be a realistic way to play the game, at this time.

I can understand the frustrations but the real problems, all real problems in fact, stem from low player base.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Maxen
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Stilachio Thrax

I can live with that. Maybe bulk may work better but as long as there is some cost to keeping hexes high sec I'll be happy.

Look at it this way. Bulk takes nothing to generate. Server goes down. Server comes up. Viola’! Instant bulk. As I suggested before, security or bribes could be paid by holding taxes. Often used holdings may be self sufficient. Less used holdings may require someone bringing a bag of coin across the map for wage/bribe payment. Which is now also an opportunity for banditry. Also, talk about a coin sink. That’s coin you’re paying out with no tangible return, except low or high security.
You are a Troll
Bringslite
The real problem for all of this is that there simply are not enough players around for these systems to work as they should. There are MANY open PVP hexes across this map. There are just too few players to make searching them for victims opponents to be a realistic way to play the game, at this time.

I can understand the frustrations but the real problems, all real problems in fact, stem from low player base.

And a frustrating lack of regional scarcity.
Bringslite
My questions would be: Does altering the system solve any real problem that exists and does it make the game more attractive to players that have tried it (or not yet) and found it less than interesting enough to stick with?

If "probably not" is it worth the time and investment anywhere in the near future?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
You are a Troll
Bringslite

And a frustrating lack of regional scarcity.
Yes, I can see that regional scarcity would help a great deal if it were balanced well enough. "Lack of Easy" would make trade far more important between the various regions. That makes moving materials much more common. Unavoidable in fact because even if players don't trade because of it, they still have to travel to and from the areas where they gather what they need.

Basically, though, without more players it is pretty unlikely to run across any player anywhere. It happens but not enough to feel like a living world.

PS: I am not really sure that having resources in EVERY HEX on the map was all that great an idea to begin with.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Bringslite
My questions would be: Does altering the system solve any real problem that exists and does it make the game more attractive to players that have tried it (or not yet) and found it less than interesting enough to stick with?

If "probably not" is it worth the time and investment anywhere in the near future?

Yes and Yes.

Ive already said what the problem is when you have absolute safety across large swaths of territory for free. PvP shpuld not be free but absolute security from it should not be free either. It's already showing that all you have to do is make +5 holdings and outposts across the border hexes and you are pretty safe. With more people you just grind lut more influence to make more of them and now you have large swaths of the map that you get to run around with no risk of any kind forever which breaks the game in the opposite direction.

This would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it can be easily gamed right now and due to the fact that holding warfare is NOT FUN. This is a big part of why feuding and the territorial war game based PvP that has been promised isnt panning out. Holding warfare is still as dull as it ever was and there isnt much in variety tactics wise.

So boring footslogging through high level holdings isn't really gonna be a thing anytime soon until a huge amount of players join and stay, so we only got the day to day incidental PvP. Eliminiate that and then what do you got? The only chances you find someone is if ypu happen to find an in a monster hex. As I said before, all they gotta do is run to the corner of a high sec hex to get away.

This is the state of the game that will be in place once new players come again. The system needs fixing before that happens so the game has enough to do for both the builders and the warriors so that enough people stay.

Seriously Brings, think about it. A whole lot of new players are coming into a game that will for the most part be under firm control of only two alliances and a few independent settlements. The two "major" alliances are around 10 or so guys and are of comparable size (one perhaps having a couple more than the other on any given night). Players are gonna have very few options as is without stuff like this to worry about. If we are gonna continue to have that kind of dominance and say over what kinds of actions can take place at our hexes we should at least have to pay something for that.
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Paddy Fitzpatrick
You gotta do what is good for the game not just what we like. I would love to have all hexes low sec but I should have to work for it otherwise the game easily becomes a no holds barred slaughterfest. It is tough enough that about 20-30 players will have immense power to decide what thousands of other players get to do. If they dont like it then it ain't like they have any recourse cause they have to be part of a settlement to progress in the game in any meaningful way. Individual companies who go at it alone will be stuck in high tier one and will need help from an existing group to get their own settlement. Add the free security stuff on top of all this and our existing tiny group of players has a highly abnormal and frankly absurd amount of power.

We should at least be willing to make some concessions and have to pay a bit more for the large amount of things our tiny little group can control.
Find us on PFO Discord
Lisa Stevens
Paddy Fitzpatrick
This would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it can be easily gamed right now and due to the fact that holding warfare is NOT FUN. This is a big part of why feuding and the territorial war game based PvP that has been promised isnt panning out. Holding warfare is still as dull as it ever was and there isnt much in variety tactics wise.

How would you fix holding warfare to make it more fun?

-Lisa

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post