Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

High sec hexes being low sec during PvP window?

Bringslite
It kinda depends on what type of game you are trying to make, Paddy. How much open free PVP that you want to be in your game. There are downsides to High Sec as well. Those hexes bug the very players that set them there sometimes as well as those that don't. We can't attack anyone that we even have on a KOS list that we see there unless there is an ongoing feud. Anyone fleeing our "Gank Chase Squad" can use those hexes just like we can to escape "the wrath" of whomever. It's a two sided coin.

Despite that, I have already shown that I would be just fine having to pay some extra cost to maintain High Sec hexes. That is all that I will agree to unless it is thought right that Low Sec should also have to pay to have things the way they want them. Two sided coin but it has to have the same value no matter what side you look at….

Honestly though, I really don't think that it would make any difference to your problem and I would really like to see energy and effort spent on things like new skills, new classes(I say screw the graphics excuse), Bandit Hideouts, new recipes and items, you name it. The features that we have right now are deep enough until the creek gets widened out a bit. By that I mean, quit deepening features that work OK and get some damned things in to widen the game like classes, items that remind players of PFRPG TT, anything to give juice and get anticipation back into the forefront for not just new players but US as well. Don't waste anymore time on overly complicated systems to make already workable features "deeper". Look at the DI, support, buildings level situation…. I respect the work done but it really could have been done in a more simple way.

As for the state of the game for new players: The most attractive thing that hooked me was the thought that I could realistically carve my own little piece of land out of the game without having to play too much politics, at least at first, and make a go of it…

You don't have to convince me. You have to convince THEM.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Lisa Stevens
Paddy Fitzpatrick
This would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it can be easily gamed right now and due to the fact that holding warfare is NOT FUN. This is a big part of why feuding and the territorial war game based PvP that has been promised isnt panning out. Holding warfare is still as dull as it ever was and there isnt much in variety tactics wise.

How would you fix holding warfare to make it more fun?

-Lisa
If I may respond to this, I would consider trying a few things.

1. Increase either the time to re spawn from death or the distance to run back after each death.
2. Have an option to either capture with points after the guards are down and before the timer expires or break down a really tough door after the guards are down and during the timer limit.
3. Open the vaults a bit more to the victorious. There should be some REAL loot.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Lisa Stevens
Paddy Fitzpatrick
This would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it can be easily gamed right now and due to the fact that holding warfare is NOT FUN. This is a big part of why feuding and the territorial war game based PvP that has been promised isnt panning out. Holding warfare is still as dull as it ever was and there isnt much in variety tactics wise.

How would you fix holding warfare to make it more fun?

-Lisa

Thats a good question.

So many of these ideas wouldnt be quick fixes but here are some of my thoughts…

Have more than one way to rack up points and/or take out the buildings. Maybe having the buildings taking direct damage like the towers in nhur athemon hexes would be one way to do it. Could allow smaller groups to do some damage from afar or take out an outpost faster if you got a larger group. Either way its needs something more than just having a bunch of people stand there. To take it back faster maybe have some way to repair it.

Next, this is a more general item and not specific to holdings, but add more utility abilities and spells to the game. Alerts, abjurations, traps, sentries, etc. Once they are in the game more specific ones can be developed for holding warfare.

For defense, maybe coin cost items like extra mercenary guards that last for the duration of PvP window, ramparts, or something to actively shore up defenses. On offense something similar can be done. There should be a cool down on these sorts of things and the costs should not be trivial. Still, gives more depth to taking a holding and gives non combatants a direct way to contribute to the war effort.

Those are my initial ideas. It all centers around more tactics, strategy and ultimately additional force multipliers in both directions. Right now holding warfare is very static, lacks variety in all three of those areas and comes down to one group of players trying to pile in vs another group doing the same. The issue is it comes down ultimately to who has the slightly larger group.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiery wind
While I'm sure there are ways to spice up holding warfare, I would posit that there is far more potential for strategy and tactics in the current system than I've heard anyone recognize. Imagination is key…
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fiery wind
While I'm sure there are ways to spice up holding warfare, I would posit that there is far more potential for strategy and tactics in the current system than I've heard anyone recognize. Imagination is key…

Such as?
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiery wind
Trade secrets smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fiery wind
Trade secrets smile

Translation: Nothing smile
Find us on PFO Discord
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fiery wind
Trade secrets smile

Translation: Nothing smile
"pssst - the secrets are in The Kama Sutra. You just have to read it upside down…"
Fiery wind
You can think what you will paddy. I feel no need to share information for the sake of arguing against changes to a system when I don't have a strong opinion on changes. I only mention it at all to encourage thought.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fiery wind
You can think what you will paddy. I feel no need to share information for the sake of arguing against changes to a system when I don't have a strong opinion on changes. I only mention it at all to encourage thought.

Suit yourself, I was only asking you to back up your claims that's all.

You make it sound like you're the only one who thinks about these things smile
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post