Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

High sec hexes being low sec during PvP window?

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Flari-Merchant
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Fiery wind
Trade secrets smile

Translation: Nothing smile
"pssst - the secrets are in The Kama Sutra. You just have to read it upside down…"

+1
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiery wind
Of course I'm not the only one who does - you don't do yourself a service in that regard by representing the system as so lacking though.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
What makes you think it isn't lacking? So far you seem to be the only one saying it isn't. Ideas have already been put forth to fix the problem and if you're going to make a counter point all I'm asking is that you defend it rather than deflecting it back on me.
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiery wind
I've stated my opinion, including that I don't feel strongly enough to debate the point. That's all you're getting out of me, however useless that may be to the conversation.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
So you don't feel strongly enough about it to debate but…strongly enough to prod others?

To each their own I guess. smile
Find us on PFO Discord
Fiery wind
Strongly enough to make my opinion known, that I don't consider development resources to be well-spent on the issue, but not strongly enough to divulge information to defend it.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Ah now we're getting somewhere.

Considering the very limited resources and timeline I imagine it would be difficult at this moment in time to divert resources. However, it would be time well spent once it was done because you need a strong, robust, and intricate war system if the main PvP action is going to be in the form of territorial warfare via hexes. If holding warfare is gonna be that big a part of the game there needs to many more features and strategies built around it. What is there currently is not sufficient.
Find us on PFO Discord
Smitty
lets look at the activity of being a bandit-
So I spend a few hours aimless roaming the map- looking for a mobile node( gatherer)- I find one!! He is in a high sec hex ..
sigh -
I cant attack – high sec hex ( which cost you no more than clicking a button, not a much a price you paid for that button, but that is a argument for another time)
I cant declare a feud because it takes an hour and his gusher is done in 40 minutes..
I cant stalk him on the way back- because every hex is high sec - or he just drops his loot in the holding..
If I am spotted he drops his loot in the holding- calls his buddies and chases me away..
My activity for the evening equated to nothing but frustration.. and in no way made me any richer .. or gave me hope that tomorrow would be rewarding..
If I wanted to feud I have to grind 100 influence to start one.. and then hope I find someone during the feud that is attached to the right company.. ( kind of hard to do unless you have a target and location in mind)-
How is this “preferred banditry behavior” even remotely fun for anyone interested in PvP? It is just frustrating and turns people off..

How about some ideas ??

Give us something that is a hide out we can place in a hex to alter security settings for a while ( make it stealthy so you don’t just see it on the min map.. unless you run near it..) - heck you can even have high sec ones if you wanted - to make escalations safer ..
Either option should be destroyable-
Make it craft able .. like a camp..
put it down and turn security to medium or low based on high .. different recipes
also different tiers = amount of time it stays active.
and different + = how stealthy it is ..

Not saying it is great idea- but at least gives an options that doesn’t involve grinding influence for a few weeks in the hopes that player can randomly bump into a character..

Speaking of tracking…
there is no tracking ( how about a tracking skill so folks can scout hexes faster..??)-
@ Lisa
As to how to make holding warfare more interesting …

First it sucks to declare a feud- go on a raid - and find nothing but that days resources in a vault.. ( not taking it over just raiding..).. How about we put perception to use? Give people a hint of what they can find in a vault based on skill -
spending 30 minutes raiding something- to gain little to nothing- is the worse -
So at the bare minimum- give people a way to see what holdings are worth raiding { even if its not 100% accurate .. its better than blind guessing )
Next
Fix the Loot- make more than just bulk appear in the chest .. , with the advent of ammo I know I have to keep stuff all over the place now .. why not loose stuff from all vaults when a hex is raided?
Finally
It makes little sense for a vault to remain attached to a character/company even after a hex is taken over.. the victors should get all stuff out of all vaults- once a hex is over run..

Anyway just some thoughts ..
Flari-Merchant
If they could get a few "Factions" going (just even something primitive) I think it would be neat for a certain faction rank to grant "ignore security level" for "x rounds or seconds"
"I buy Azoth for 5sp/ea. I will trade Enchanting or other rare materials/anything for Azoth. Contact me if interested. GET YOUR COIN EASY!"
uotopia@msn.com
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I like the idea of more loot from raids. Makes them more worthwhile and gives an actual reason to defend them if there is more at stake.

Some loot from hex takeover would be cool too. Gives a reason to feud a company that doesnt involve going straight to settlement destruction.

A lot of these ideas are good. As long as things are improved to keep multiple playstyles viable without anyone getting a free ride, then it is well worth it imo.
Find us on PFO Discord

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post