Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Trade Outposts Need Major tweaks

Azure_Zero
Bob
NightmareSr
However it looks like some of the best uses would be for Settlements in the mountains or highlands that can't get woodland or cropland hexes.

Interesting analysis, and yes, it's those players with limited choices who'd most likely find the Trading Outposts tempting. I'd like to make them a little more tempting overall, but need to be careful exactly how far I push that since they're already tempting in at least some cases.

Actually the Best hexes for the Trading outpost is Forest (Primary : Wood, Sec : Game),
Followed by: Mountain (Pri : Ore, tertiary : Game), then Highlands and Plains (Secondary and Tertiary being Ore and Herds).

If I were to put a Mining Outpost in a Plains hex or a stone cutting in a Forest hex at +0, I would be getting 10 of that resource,
so I believe we should raise the percentages until we are a bit over ten in a forest hex (best result), and a quick reasonable starting percentage was found at 37.5% which would yield 12 trade goods in a forest hex, which is somewhere between Secondary and Tertiary results with one bulk type outposts at +0.
NightmareSr
Azure_Zero
Bob
NightmareSr
However it looks like some of the best uses would be for Settlements in the mountains or highlands that can't get woodland or cropland hexes.

Interesting analysis, and yes, it's those players with limited choices who'd most likely find the Trading Outposts tempting. I'd like to make them a little more tempting overall, but need to be careful exactly how far I push that since they're already tempting in at least some cases.

Actually the Best hexes for the Trading outpost is Forest (Primary : Wood, Sec : Game),
Followed by: Mountain (Pri : Ore, tertiary : Game), then Highlands and Plains (Secondary and Tertiary being Ore and Herds).
Different definitions of "Best" here. I was meaning that the Best use of a Trading Outpost is for a settlement who needs Trade Goods and only has Mountain or Highland hexes. The best Trade Goods obviously come from Forest or Plains, but if you don't have those hexes and you have mountain or highlands then the trading outpost really shines for solving the trade goods need.
The main issue with the Trading outpost as I see it is that it produces one type of bulk only and at best it can produce 8 at +0 and 26 at +5, which is nowhere near what other single bulk producing outpost can do.
However there is no hex on the map where a Trading outpost produces 0 trade goods, so it will always produce something.
It has very limited use and if a settlement diversifies then there is certain better ways to produce trade goods, but I wouldn't consider it useless, just more of a niche outpost.
- Wandering gatherer (NightmareSr#2669 on discord)
– Cauchemar is a Greater Nightmare – cauchemar.pfo@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post