Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ranged distance

Edam
Back in the dim distant past when melee range was tweaked it was indicated we would also likely see a corresponding increase in the range of ranged weapons especially 20m weapons like wand, focus and shortbow.

(currently a spear using melee fighter can pretty much charge any ranged user give or take a few meters and is only a few steps away from attacking a 20m ranged weapon user without bothering to charge)

Stephen Cheney
It's probably worth looking at increasing standard 20m ranges a bit, given the increase in melee range. But that will likely come with a corresponding increase in creature perception range (which is also currently 20m).
Is this still on the list of things to look at or has this been abandoned.
Bob
Edam
Back in the dim distant past when melee range was tweaked it was indicated we would also likely see a corresponding increase in the range of ranged weapons especially 20m weapons like wand, focus and shortbow.

(currently a spear using melee fighter can pretty much charge any ranged user give or take a few meters and is only a few steps away from attacking a 20m ranged weapon user without bothering to charge)

Stephen Cheney
It's probably worth looking at increasing standard 20m ranges a bit, given the increase in melee range. But that will likely come with a corresponding increase in creature perception range (which is also currently 20m).
Is this still on the list of things to look at or has this been abandoned.

I think that was just something Stephen was keeping in the back of his mind for upcoming balance passes. Since you brought it back up, I've added a feature request to our database to remind me to give it some consideration when I have some time.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post