Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 15 Release Notes

Suave
Thanks! I love the new pacing on gushers.
Great work dev team.
Demiurge
Bob
  • Medium Armor Proficiency 3 allows STR 30 or INT 30 to meet its ability requirements.

• Why 30 ? The other abilities only require 20.
    Bob
    Demiurge
    Bob
  • Medium Armor Proficiency 3 allows STR 30 or INT 30 to meet its ability requirements.

Because Medium Armor Proficiency is really meant to be met by CON, WIS or DEX. However, Dragoon, Unbreakable and Wright add the Medium keyword at rank 14, and therefore really require Medium Armor Proficiency to be very useful. Unfortunately, while characters getting those feats to rank 14 have either STR 30 or INT 30, asking for CON 20, WIS 20 or DEX 20 as well seems like a lot. This gives those characters an alternative, though it isn't really all that lenient, since the other requirement of Evangelist 9, Healer 9 or Archer 9 requires WIS 18 or DEX 18 anyway. Still, 20 is a lot harder to get than 18.
    harneloot
    Bob
    Demiurge
    Bob

Because Medium Armor Proficiency is really meant to be met by CON, WIS or DEX. However, Dragoon, Unbreakable and Wright add the Medium keyword at rank 14, and therefore really require Medium Armor Proficiency to be very useful. Unfortunately, while characters getting those feats to rank 14 have either STR 30 or INT 30, asking for CON 20, WIS 20 or DEX 20 as well seems like a lot. This gives those characters an alternative, though it isn't really all that lenient, since the other requirement of Evangelist 9, Healer 9 or Archer 9 requires WIS 18 or DEX 18 anyway. Still, 20 is a lot harder to get than 18.

You mean 16, but yeah, still a lot of xp getting my wisdom up that high so I could make use of Dragoon 14 and the medium Keyword. MUCH better than having to get to 20 though! smile
    Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
    Bob
    harneloot
    You mean 16, but yeah, still a lot of xp getting my wisdom up that high so I could make use of Dragoon 14 and the medium Keyword. MUCH better than having to get to 20 though! smile

Whoops, yeah, must have been staring at the wrong spreadsheet column. It's still quite a bit when you're not really interested in WIS, but hopefully it will eventually prove useful to you in other ways.
    HowardWdW
    Bob, how do we tear down structures in the settlement that we want to replace with something different? I don't see an option to tear down while using a leader from the settlement owner company.
    Kenton Stone
    You send a request to Bob at Customer support to remove the structure. It has been that way for a while now.
    Read the sticky under Crowdforging named Structure Upgrades.

https://www.goblinworks.com/forum/topic/5497/?page=1

Kenton Stone
    Bob
    By way of explanation, we removed that ability until we can add more safeguards to it, like requiring owner unanimity and preventing teardowns during settlement warfare. It happens very rarely and usually isn't very time-sensitive, so it's better off handled as a GM request for now.
    Edam
    Extravant Padded Armor has the Sage, Inscribed and Attuned keywords to match Guide 14, instead of the Shadowskin, Camouflaged and Stealthy keywords.

Whilst this is well and good. it turns out levelling up the the Guide feat does not qualify you for levelling up Light Armor Proficiency.

Also … Wiki Armor sheet cell G39 was updated to show the changes but cell F39 still talks about the old keywords.
    Bob
    Edam
    Extravant Padded Armor has the Sage, Inscribed and Attuned keywords to match Guide 14, instead of the Shadowskin, Camouflaged and Stealthy keywords.

Whilst this is well and good. it turns out levelling up the the Guide feat does not qualify you for levelling up Light Armor Proficiency.

Also … Wiki Armor sheet cell G39 was updated to show the changes but cell F39 still talks about the old keywords.

Whoops, got the spreadsheet entry fixed. Since there were so few changes to that particular spreadsheet, I just hand edited the changes in and didn't catch that the changed keywords also meant that the description had automatically changed, at least on our internal spreadsheets.

The same issue with Guide 14 was discussed back when we were talking about Dragoon 14, and my review there convinced me this is intentional. Basically, because being able to switch armor weights is a more valuable additional keyword than just a keyword alternative, it's fair to expect that you additionally need to become good at using that new weight of armor. The bulk of the XP cost for the armor proficiencies is wrapped up in the cost of training the required weight-specific armor feats, and it should only add up to about 2 weeks of XP between the armor feat and the proficiency, perhaps a bit more if you need to get an ability score up as well.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post