Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Ruminations on Sanctified Weapon Attacks

Edam
I notice that T3 sanctified weapons lack matching T3 keywords for the high XP advanced attacks such as Penetrating Strike and Vital Strike. This means you need to equip a T3 standard weapon to get an attack like T3 Vital Strike whereas you need a sanctified weapon to get T3 sanctified attacks. You cannot get both at T3 on the same weapon.

I suppose with a one-handed weapon you could dual wield and get one type of T3 attack in your primary slots and the other type in your secondary. However that is not going to work for weapons like Greatsword and Longbow.

Is this working as intended? If so what was the thinking behind this and should it be changed ?
Bob
This looks like one of our many counter-balances for multi-classing. Advancing in Penetrating/Vital Strike directly requires advancing as a fighter, while advancing in sanctified attacks requires advancing in various domains, which in turn requires advancing as a cleric. We want to let you multi-class and slot both kinds of attacks, and we expect there to be advantageous synergies for doing so, but we tone them down by making it tougher to get a T3 keyword. That said, the Artifact keyword would work in these cases, though it's intended to be very rare. I'll have to look into what it will take to get that working.
You are a Troll
Hopefully the Artifact keyword will require some very expensive enchanting…..being and ARTIFACT and all…
Bob
You are a Troll
Hopefully the Artifact keyword will require some very expensive enchanting…..being at ARTIFACT and all…

Yes, whatever we do in this regard, the Artifact keyword will need to be earned.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post