Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Social Features

Paddy Fitzpatrick
Honestly my hope is that friends list and message board private messaging become the priorities. I cant tell you how many times I have came across the question "how do I add you to my friends list?" Only to inform them that there is no friends list. It is embarrassing to say that and it is very problematic that such a basic social feature was not there.

Social companies sound like a neat idea too but when will the friends list be implemented? Will that be made first?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Torrith
How about tying in the in-game chat channels to an outside access source? Like an online chat board accessible via a website that allows chat to and from accounts in the chat channel in the game? This would allow companies and such to communicate with members who can't be online at a given time, to keep up with news and current gossip. This would expand the social environment and keep things flowing all the time. Can coordinate adventures and responsibilities easier. And the website should allow for logging in with Account and Character combination to give access to the chats on a specific character which may be different than your other characters. Many of the other features so far in the game progress in real time; having social chats operate in real time feels like a natural step in the same direction. smile
In Chaos we conquer; in Knowledge we unite.
Bob
Torrith
How about tying in the in-game chat channels to an outside access source? Like an online chat board accessible via a website that allows chat to and from accounts in the chat channel in the game? This would allow companies and such to communicate with members who can't be online at a given time, to keep up with news and current gossip. This would expand the social environment and keep things flowing all the time. Can coordinate adventures and responsibilities easier. And the website should allow for logging in with Account and Character combination to give access to the chats on a specific character which may be different than your other characters. Many of the other features so far in the game progress in real time; having social chats operate in real time feels like a natural step in the same direction. smile

That's a very interesting concept. I suspect it would be technically challenging and probably require more time to implement than we can spare right now, but I'll add it to the list of possibilities for us to discuss. You never know when something will turn out to be easier than initially thought, and it's always good to have things like this in the backs of our minds in case inspiration strikes.
Bringslite
@Bob
Hey Bob. Have you made a call on which social feature you will throw on the workbench first? smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
Bringslite
Hey Bob. Have you made a call on which social feature you will throw on the workbench first? smile

We have indeed just come to a conclusion on that, based on feedback (here and elsewhere) and some internal considerations like implementation difficulty, dependencies and crossover with other needed work. We may be able to get to more than these before moving on to enchanting, but here's what we want to tackle first:

In-Game Company/Settlement Messaging to Members: Previously referred to as Message of the Day or Daily Messaging, the important point here is providing a way for company/settlement leaders to create a message that all members will see each time they log in, and immediately if already logged in. We want to tackle this first partially because it's the easiest one to get done quickly, and we'd like to roll it into a 15.1 with some other fixes we've already worked up. I'll start a separate thread for crowdforging the specifics of this.

Friends List: Clearly a popular request, and easier to implement than Social Companies. We'll tackle displaying Online Status as part of this, and may include Also Plays As if we have time (since that makes it much easier to manage Friends Lists across multiple characters, and makes it easier to find your friends if they're playing on an alternate character). I'll start a separate crowdforging thread on this after we nail down the specifics on Company/Settlement Messaging.

Forum Private Messaging: Once the other two features are finished up, we'll take a look at this and see how feasible private messaging is. There may be an add-on to the third-party forum code we're using, or there may be some easy adjustments we can make ourselves. If it's more complicated, then we'll just leave this until we're able to look at integrating with the paizo.com forums.
Bringslite
Looks good!
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Paddy Fitzpatrick
smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of Aragon Alliance and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Giorgio
Sounds good to me. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post