Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Restarting Servers

Bob
A bunch of hexes didn't come up properly today, so we've shut down the servers and restarted them. I'll post here again when the servers are back up and working properly. Shouldn't be more than 10 minutes, probably significantly less.
Bob
The servers are back up and it looks like the problem hexes are running properly again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mistwalker
One weird thing happened in all of this.

I went into Alderwag this afternoon, when the buildings were gone, powered up at the tavern, logged out at the bank - didn't deposit anything just in case.

When I logged back in after you restarted the servers, I appeared just outside of Alderwag, with most of my power gone (the power from my armor?).

I also had coins back in my inventory - but no idea if it was the amount deposited when I opened my bank vault - nor if that amount had been removed from the account (it wasn't much, just a few hundred copper).

Other characters who had logged out in the affected settlements before server down are all appearing in the spots that I logged them out in.
Bob
Sounds a little like you were out of sync while you were in Alderwag, but it's hard to be sure. I'll file a bug and we'll see if anything jumps out at us in the logs.
Bringslite
Pretty much the same/similar has happened to me in cases where I was able to actually get into the hex before it had to be restarted or in cases that I had to stop at the edge because there was only "sky void" ahead and I had to stop outside the hex before it was restarted.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bob
In a sense, the end result is like you never really entered that hex, so you're back at your last known good state. Fortunately this seems to be very rare, but Cole has some thoughts on more bulletproofing he can do around both the missing structures and the unsaved progress. Hopefully we can fit those changes into the 15.x timeframe.
Edam
On a slightly unrelated note can we at some stage get a scripted shutdown that broadcasts a 3 minute warning or some such in general.
Maxen
Edam
On a slightly unrelated note can we at some stage get a scripted shutdown that broadcasts a 3 minute warning or some such in general.

Is three minutes the standard warning for rugby? Us Americans are used to the “two minute warning” in our version of football. smile

Kidding aside, definitely a great idea, and I’d take it a step further to do system-wide warnings at 15, 10, and 5 minutes.
Bob
Edam

Definitely something we plan on doing at some point, just need to fit it in with all the other priorities. Of course, squeaky wheels and all that, so I'll bump this up a little bit.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post