Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

EE 15.1 Preliminary Release Notes

Bringslite
Seriously though, I doubt that any numbers suggested would be a real part of any real adjustments. Also I did not suggest that more warning time about incoming raids be added. You misunderstood something I think.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Seems to me:

• It is reasonable bandits have the ability to scout holdings, but not as a free ability just by randomly killing a few guards before declaring a feud. It may work as something you can do after feuding to decide which particular vulnerable holdings to take out. What effort is needed and exactly how accurate and detailed the intel will be is a matter for discussion.
  • The issue of warning for raids is a can of worms. Currently there is insufficient warning to mount a defence if you have multiple remote vulnerable holdings (and if you are not on your toes you may never even know you were raided at all) however giving more warning is just going to result in people emptying the holdings early before the bandits get there, not more PvP. More warning is not a good thing. Perhaps a notification that you were raided AFTER the fact without being told who did it may be worth discussing.
Bringslite
It seems to me that "bandits" or "raiders" should probably be able to do a little deductive reasoning. Through clues like a company's activity level (especially like are they even really playing regularly or at all), the exact daily intake of bulk and lots of other factors. A little work like this should allow good guesses at what holdings are "probably" worthwhile targets.

Or divination of some type. Divination skills that should also help tell other players who exactly raided them in the first place.

That likely being a real can of worms to code for our small team, deduction and plain work (both ways) might have to serve for a long time.

Back on the subject of "how much" potential loot is available, I see very little reason not to seriously consider something like 5%/vault. It really isn't that much of a loss. No more than regular wear and tear on gear. Also remember that they have to load it up at no more than "5 stone" at a time…
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Harad Navar
Bringslite
Or divination of some type. Divination skills that should also help tell other players who exactly raided them in the first place.
+1

Bringslite
That likely being a real can of worms to code for our small team, deduction and plain work (both ways) might have to serve for a long time.
But worth it in the end as it brings a TT feel back.
Knowledge can explain the darkness, but it is not a light.
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Divination would be great for both sides but guys, it is not gonna happen. Certainly not before OE and maybe not for some time afterwards. It is not something we can count on being in the game.

As far as what can be done to improve things, I think it would be good for there to be some sign that a holding has been raided. It should be something noticed at the holding or something you get notified of upon walking into the hex if you are in the owning company. It shouldn't be a global thing though upon logging in. You need to go out there to see the notification. Otherwise it would be kind of unfair and make thing way too easy for defenders.

As for warning times, as I said before, the warning times are fine as is.
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Maxen
Paddy Fitzpatrick
As far as what can be done to improve things, I think it would be good for there to be some sign that a holding has been raided. .

Maybe a flaming paper sack left on the doorstep? smile
harneloot
Bringslite

This is, or course, already done and quite substantially/in depth. If you want to know how much that actually helps in terms of loot gained for Influence spent (and lost), go back and read Kenton's post.

If you leave ANYTHING in a holding, it should be available to be raided. Don't want to loose stuff, then don't leave it in a building for weeks or months far from your settlement (essentially the Wilderness) without ever going back to check on it or bother retrieving it. Can't remember where you left all your loot? Sounds like a personal problem and losing it all might teach you to pay better attention.
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.
Maxen
harneloot
Bringslite

This is, or course, already done and quite substantially/in depth. If you want to know how much that actually helps in terms of loot gained for Influence spent (and lost), go back and read Kenton's post.

If you leave ANYTHING in a holding, it should be available to be raided. Don't want to loose stuff, then don't leave it in a building for weeks or months far from your settlement (essentially the Wilderness) without ever going back to check on it or bother retrieving it.

I can agree with everything you said up to this point.

harneloot
Can [sic] remember where you left all your loot? Sounds like a personal problem and losing it all might teach you to pay better attention.

But I don't agree here. If PfO was all I played as a full-time job, I might agree. But this is a game and games should be fun without having to keep spreadsheets and create documents. I call that work, and I get paid for work. Now, if game features are put in place that allow my character to 'know' where he or she left things, then I'd agree 100% that if you leave things in the wilderness, they might just go missing. smile
Paddy Fitzpatrick
I'm with Xyzzy on this one. First off the game doesn't tell you what you have in multiple bank vaults between settlements so I dont see why the game has to have such a feature for holdings. I imagine this wouldn't be a quick fix either.

I also agree that the game should not do so and a players decision to leave something in their holding means they have to live with the consequences. It is not the games job to remind someone of everything they have done. It is worth nlting that the idea that it should has only come about now only from the prospect of being able to lose it.

Honestly just doing a run to check holdings isnt that rough right now. The population is small enough that you are not likely to run into anyone and even if that wasmt the case high sec hexes do not have any risk since a player has to declare a feud in order to do anything about it anyway. If people want to leave stuff all over their holdings all the time and not do anything at all, they have to accept the responsibility. If you leave good loot out in the open and easily raidable, that's on you
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
harneloot
AND…if you don't remember what you left where, then you can't really miss it if someone swipes it, as you will never know it was even stolen! smile
Xyzzy - gatherer, yeoman archer, swamp monster.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post